Ireland v Wales Sat 2.15

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Ireland v Wales Sat 2.15

Post by Oldschool »

Another small sign of Farrell's influence was the use of the pick and go, particularly in their opponents 22.
England and Wales have used this plot very effectively over the years, probably more so than all of the other teams.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Henshaw is much better at 13 than 12...
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Watched the game back yesterday. We were better than vs Scotland by a distance but Wales were poor. Nothing like the team that all but illed us last season in Cardiff. Tompkins is currently half the player Davies is on that showing. Initally I though Davies would have stopped the Larmour try, but at the very least I reckon Larmour draaws a peno for a high tackle and he did brilliantly to beat the cover defense. Still think an Edwards defense would have stopped him mind.

We're still trying to run it out of 22 when it's not on(drew a peno one time) but I'm hopeful that'll improve over time. There was one interesting piece of play around 3 mins. Sexton makes an offload to Murray RHS of the pitch who gets stopped immediately. The ball dies for about 10 seconds with both under a ruck but we played it across the line and made metres up the left. That was without either of our play makers calling the shots. Maybe the Welsh were just expecting us to truck up the sh!t ball(no one to kick it) and we changed things up. I can't help but think a Davies lead line wouldn't have let that happen.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

neiliog93 wrote:Henshaw is much better at 13 than 12...
Johnthan Davies is a much better 13 than Nick Tompkins. Henshaw doesn't bounce Davies like that.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

paddyor wrote:
Johnthan Davies is a much better 13 than Nick Tompkins. Henshaw doesn't bounce Davies like that.
Jonathan Davies wasn't playing though. Ringrose is a better 13 than Henshaw.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Laighin Break wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Jonathan Davies wasn't playing though. Ringrose is a better 13 than Henshaw.
It's about context. I don't think this 40mins against Wales is more definitive than his 40 mins against Scotland. I'm a fan, but it seems a few people have changed their tune having previously been disappointed with the selection of the centres. Maybe he'll be a different player under Farrell but it's early days yet.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles