Andy Farell's Reign of Terror

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Andy Farell's Reign of Terror

Post by Ruckedtobits »

An Irish team without detailed prep are worse that Wales without Gatland ot Italy with Franco Smith.

No tempo, no precision and no respect for their opponent's preparation. A lot to do.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

wixfjord wrote: November 29th, 2020, 4:11 pm Tha was depressing.

Utterly toothless in attack. We looked like we had no idea what we were trying to do.

Burns did ok. Byrne was his usual stand and deliver self when he came in. Our centres played like two bosh merchants, our back row ran into brick walls all day.

Really worrying stuff.
When we crossed the try line an additional 4 times than we scored tries I don't think you can say we were toothless. 1 try was called incorrectly for a forward pass, 2 were called held up without TMO consultation despite the ref being a mile away, and one was quite clearly held up. But definitely a tad gummy for sure.
Anyone But New Zealand
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Scotland will fully expect to win next week
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

We scored two tries against Georgia. Our attacking game was non existent.

So yes, we were toothless.

Spent the day running into big Georgians with no hint of subtlety. When you've the 8/9/10/12/13 that we had out today that wasn't a surprise.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

That was abysmal. Georgia looked the better coached team. The current Leinster team minus the lads in Ireland camp and Fardy would have had the bonus point win in the bag by half time. What was Heffernan doing on the bench, if Faz mór wasn't bothered to play him, ffs?!!!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Hopefully a blip, but watching that reminded me of the MOC style we saw week in and out.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

probably a good thing no crowd was allowed in to watch that. if I paid 80Euro to watch that I wouldn't be happy.
Credit to georgia who were great at knocking us back yards in the tackle and dominating the scrum.
Worrying that we don't seem to be able to cope with dominant tacklers/attacker and our scrum isn't great either. Wales were well able to hit back at the English bosh attack via the vinupolas and others...and, in the first half especially, were knocking them backwards.

their 13 should have got MOTM. His tackling was savage, even knocked back ryan a couple of yards. scored a great try as well
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

domhnallj wrote: November 29th, 2020, 5:21 pm Hopefully a blip, but watching that reminded me of the MOC style we saw week in and out.
Was just about to post the same. Looking clueless in attack allied to a poor kicking game.

Not sure it's a blip though.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:probably a good thing no crowd was allowed in to watch that. if I paid 80Euro to watch that I wouldn't be happy.
Credit to georgia who were great at knocking us back yards in the tackle and dominating the scrum.
Worrying that we don't seem to be able to cope with dominant tacklers/attacker and our scrum isn't great either. Wales were well able to hit back at the English bosh attack via the vinupolas and others...and, in the first half especially, were knocking them backwards.

their 13 should have got MOTM. His tackling was savage, even knocked back ryan a couple of yards. scored a great try as well
Their 13 was my MOTM, and it wasn’t a coin toss decision either.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Enjoyed watching the Georgians.....Ireland were desperate and looked like headless chickens.

Several players on the pitch today who will never be good enough for Ireland so can't understand why they are getting a run out.

Bealham, Burns, McCloskey, Herring and Farrell simply are not good enough. Stockdale is not a fullback, clear as day he isn't so why play him there. You also have to question what was the point of giving Murray, POM, Ryan, Stander and Healy gametime we know what they can do.

In short what is Farrell at ?

The current Leinster Pro 14 team, b/c team would have run in 4 tries against that Georgian team......

Happy to admit I am narky as the Corona mess robbed us of a bit of Leinstertainment this weekend and this went no way to improving my mood!!

Shambles.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

The game didn't even merit a match thread.

I we werent that interested, we shouldnt make a big deala bout exactly what we expected.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

We’ve dropped away alarmingly even since the start of the 6N in January. Our back play has become pedestrian. We do not look well coached. There will be some bleak years ahead of us during which our support and patience will be stretched some.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Makeshift team in a meaningless match in an empty stadium and a limited opponent Not much to learn from that regardless of the result.

Henderson looked physical today. Keenan is an absolute gem of a player. Herring seems to be able to throw the ball in. Aside from that, it looked a little worse than I expected, that's about it.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

What a mess. It was so bad I don't even know where to start or if you can blame anyone in particular but at the end of the day the buck stops with Andy Farrell.

He's had those players in camp for weeks and they look like a rabble. Not a good sign. The honeymoon is over now and he needs a big performance against Scotland.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Every autumn the 'world rugby made us play them' game is the poorest of the series. This was no different in that regard. What was different was how very poor it was.
I have Bumbleflex
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Georgian strength - physicality and scrum and they love a good wrestle.

Farell hmmmmm - team tactic - out bully Georgia and send Stander, Hendo, McCloskey and Farrell on endless one off bosh ball trips.....off tediously slow Murray ball.

Result, we scrape a win.

Priceless.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

gotta feel that he's out o this depth
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Blueberry wrote: November 29th, 2020, 9:46 pm Georgian strength - physicality and scrum and they love a good wrestle.

Farell hmmmmm - team tactic - out bully Georgia and send Stander, Hendo, McCloskey and Farrell on endless one off bosh ball trips.....off tediously slow Murray ball.

Result, we scrape a win.

Priceless.
The worrying thing is Georgia's scrum has actually become a weakness for them over the last year or so with players retiring, but we made it look good. That's what happens when you play a TH at LH, I suppose.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Andy Farrell's background is in Rugby League:
1: RL don't do scrums or lineouts - maybe this points to why our lineout sucks so bad and he picked a Tighthead to line out at Loosehead against Georgia who traditionally scrummage for fun?
2: RL do lots and lots of bish bash bosh before space opens up - maybe this is why he picked big lumps and planned for them to run headfirst into brick walls all afternoon. there is nothing easier for a trained rugby player than tackling somebody running straight at you?
C: RL don't really do tactical kicking - maybe this is why he is picking a good attacking winger who is positionally poor at fullback?
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Remind me again what Mike Catt is there for?