6 Nations 2020

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: 6 Nations 2020

Post by OTT »

Dave Cahill wrote:It was actually a nice piece of play by Willemse

Did he mean to knock the ball on? Of course he did.

Did he do it in such a way as to leave his intentions open to question? Of course he did.

Would I be pissed off if that resulted in a penalty being given against us? Yep.

Would I be pissed off if that resulted in a penalty not being given for us? Yep.
Well summed up.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Personally I hate when knock ons are given after a well timed tackle, thought it was fine myself.

Ken Owens and AWJ are showing their age a bit now, think that's having a big effect on Wales as much as anything else.
a lot of this welsh team have gone or are about to go over the hill together

Ken AWJ Tupric felatau biggar north john davies halfpenny and liam Williams are all coming to the end, we have big calls to make in the next 12 months and unlike Ireland we don't have to a lot of youngsters who are ripping it up in the pro 14 to call on.

I see us really dropping down the pecking order of international rugby very quickly ,Gatland has timed his exit very well!

France look a coming force, if they can get penaud into that backline it will only improve them and their young forwards will only improve.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

our game v Italy is now postponed.
presume it is the same for Englands game in Rome.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:our game v Italy is now postponed.
What a way to ruin the tournament
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

According to the British media they are looking to switch England's game vs Italy to either Twickenham or Newcastle

not sure how that helps Italy

have you already got your ai fixtures sorted? if not I would guess that this Italy game will be played then?
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

JB1973 wrote:

According to the British media they are looking to switch England's game vs Italy to either Twickenham or Newcastle

not sure how that helps Italy

have you already got your ai fixtures sorted? if not I would guess that this Italy game will be played then?
Yep, we’ve got the Aussies, Saffers and Japanese lined up.

Following the foot & mouth postponements in 2001 we played in Sept.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ireland's final Six Nations clash with France in Paris is in serious doubt after the French government today announced a ban on public gatherings of more than 5,000 people in "a confined space" due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Six Nations is over I'd say, Pro14 and Heino next.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

This is just the start of it I reckon. It's unlikely the two European QFs in France will go ahead now. Final is less than three months away which is probably not enough time to get the spread of this under control or in decline.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

nc6000 wrote:This is just the start of it I reckon. It's unlikely the two European QFs in France will go ahead now. Final is less than three months away which is probably not enough time to get the spread of this under control or in decline.
doubt the semi finals will go ahead. French have just banned all events with over 5000 attending. It says "indoor events" but I think it covers stadia
https://www.france24.com/en/20200229-fr ... rus-spread
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

Maybe it doesn't cover stadia. From Toulon via Google translate

Following the press conference held this Saturday by the Minister of Health Olivier Véran announcing the cancellation of all gatherings of more than 5,000 people in confined spaces, the RCT indicates that this Sunday's match at the Mayol stadium in Toulon is maintained .. "Since Stade Mayol is not a closed enclosure, the match will take place this Sunday March 1st at 4:50 pm. We invite all of our supporters to come in large numbers to the stadium to push behind the Rouge & Noir in an important match to stay at the top of the classification of the Top 14 "writes the club in a press release.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

heno wrote:Maybe it doesn't cover stadia. From Toulon via Google translate

Following the press conference held this Saturday by the Minister of Health Olivier Véran announcing the cancellation of all gatherings of more than 5,000 people in confined spaces, the RCT indicates that this Sunday's match at the Mayol stadium in Toulon is maintained .. "Since Stade Mayol is not a closed enclosure, the match will take place this Sunday March 1st at 4:50 pm. We invite all of our supporters to come in large numbers to the stadium to push behind the Rouge & Noir in an important match to stay at the top of the classification of the Top 14 "writes the club in a press release.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
if that is the case, the Irish game will go ahead.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Anyone know the attendance for Racing's game today?

Seems a bit inconsistent as to which events are being cancelled but I do think the rest of the 6 nations is very vulnerable.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

kermischocolate wrote:Anyone know the attendance for Racing's game today?

Seems a bit inconsistent as to which events are being cancelled but I do think the rest of the 6 nations is very vulnerable.
french only called the 5,000 temporary ban today at about 1600...it would be a bit odd if they allowed the champions cup french quarter final go ahead with that temporary ban in place. ditto for the fra v irl game.
Nice called off a bit carnival that was due to happen.

Everything is in doubt. For me, I think it is all a but panicky. but I guess they (govs) have access to better advice than I have.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:Anyone know the attendance for Racing's game today?

french only called the 5,000 temporary ban today at about 1600...it would be a bit odd if they allowed the champions cup french quarter final go ahead with that temporary ban in place. ditto for the fra v irl game.
Nice called off a bit carnival that was due to happen.

Everything is in doubt. For me, I think it is all a but panicky. but I guess they (govs) have access to better advice than I have.
Aah, I wasn't sure when it was announced exactly.

In many ways it's a sensible way of trying to contain it without going all out panicky and banning travel completely. Given the 2 week incubation period it's better to not wait and be too reactionary.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Bairdo is in the Irish squad as expected, hes gonna turn out better than James Ryan, you could also argue he’s better than James Ryan at the moment
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

ENGLAND v WALES

Elliott Daly 15 Leigh Halfpenny

Anthony Watson 14 George North

Manu Tuilagi 13 Nick Tompkins

Owen Farrell 12 Hadleigh Parkes

Jonny May 11 Liam Williams

George Ford 10 Dan Biggar

Ben Youngs 9 Tomos Williams

Joe Marler 1 Rob Evans

Jamie George 2 Ken Owens

Kyle Sinckler 3 Dillon Lewis

Maro Itoje 4 Jake Ball

George Kruis 5 Alun-Wyn Jones ©

Courtney Lawes 6 Ross Moriarty

Mark Wilson 7 Justin Tipuric

Tom Curry 8 Josh Navidi

Luke Cowan-Dickie 16 Ryan Elias

Ellis Genge 17 Rhys Carré

Will Stuart 18 Leon Brown

Joe Launchbury 19 Aaron Shingler

Charlie Ewels 20 Taulupe Faletau

Nathan Earle 21 Rhys Webb

Willi Heinz 22 Jarrod Evans

Henry Slade 23 Johnny McNicholl

Underhill out for England but curry still at 8

Wales drop wynjones and gareth davies from the 23.

Retain North who has been dreadful all season and put shingler on the bench as lock cover despite rowlands doing well on his cameo last week.

Webb has played 1 and half games in what 3 months?

PIvac is less like gatland but more like Jenkins with a kiwi accent, this will be a drubbing 20 points plus
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Very strange choices there from Pivac, as you've pointed out.

It feels weird to have the 6N progressing without us
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

north has had a few too many concussions recently. not sure why he is in.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:north has had a few too many concussions recently. not sure why he is in.
The cynical among us may suggest it is more to do with the well paid central contract he is on rather than his current form and as you rightly point out this cannot be good for his long term health. Allied to that Biggar has had to come off 3 times in 6 months with a head issue and is carrying a sore knee from last week (so much for player welfare) , Naividi and Liam Williams haven't played since the world cup (neither were released to their region last week) so neither can be match fit another master stroke from Pivac.

Shingler is as much use as chocolate teapot in the second row yet he has leaped ahead of beard hill and Rowland for that bench slot. Brown is a mobile prop who is improving but he is still a weak poor scrummager at this level, that English front 5 will push us from pillar to post in the later stages of the game.

Pivac had a golden spell at the scarlets for about 12 months but that was coming up for 2 years ago now and his cv suggested that was a flash in the pan, as does his time at wales so far

To quote a well respected figure in the welsh game "he is a p@ssed up kiwi chancer with a decent eye for talent but he will get found out sooner rather than later"

Looks like he is going to be proven right
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

So can everyone lead with their shoulder now or is it just England? 'kin hell!

Wales were a carbon copy of us for the first five minutes, constantly going backwards in contact but then within 7 minutes they try a crossfield kick which puts England in all sorts of trouble and they nearly get over the line after the subsequent lineout...why didn't we do that???