Tour to NZ 2022

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Tour to NZ 2022

Post by OTT »

How did they get the ball at that ruck.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

Post by Cheeses of Nazareth »

We fell apart once Sexton went down initially. He got back up and the passes seemed forced after that leading up to the Reece try. We seemed to panic after that and just needed to get to halftime. That try is the game. They’re putting us under huge pressure
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

VDF being held in there. Could be called back
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Keystone Kops stuff now
I have Bumbleflex
Atlas
Bookworm

Post by Atlas »

As soon as Sexton went down, we fell apart completely
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

How was that not a knock on by Smith. It clearly went forward ... i.e. over the line. TMO says "clearly went back" off the 9. Grasping at straws, but we're not getting the rub of any green available.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Would like to see the one where JR waited and waited and waited and then went for the ball being out at the ruck. They got their last try off that.

3 of their try’s have been gifted, their to good to be helping them.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

Have to say the NZ defence in the lead up to the Reece try was superb. They put us under huge pressure and got their reward. Gave them a huge lift and seems to made our lads go into their shells. Disappointing as we were very good for the first 20-30. Could get ugly with the bench we have.
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

desperado wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 8:52 am How was that not a knock on by Smith. It clearly went forward ... i.e. over the line. TMO says "clearly went back" off the 9. Grasping at straws, but we're not getting the rub of any green available.
VDF was held in at the ruck where Smith went up the middle for that try. Should have asked the TMO look at it.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

The thing I hate about following Ireland the most on days like this is we, more often than not, take an almighty hammering. A humiliation. With the exception of Australia 1991, every world cup is an utter embarrassment. The last tine we played NZ outside of Dublin we were thrashed. The last time we played in NZ we were thrashed. Enough of these f%~king thrashings.

Forget about winning RWCs. I'm more looking forward to the day when Southern Hemisphere teams are not destroying us regularly outside of November.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

We can come up with 100s of excuses why we are losing, but the biggest reason is because we are plying sh1t and not playing what’s in front of us.

There has been some really shocking decision making from the back line, really trying to force things, and handing back hard fought possession.
In the pack, the loose forwards just aren’t working hard enough, with the possible exception of VDF and POM.
They are not working hard enough to get to the breakdown, and when they do they are not working hard enough to retain, slow down or turnover ball.

How a player can walk through a ruck at this level is completely unacceptable, and it results in a soft try.

This Ireland team look completely out of their depth at this level.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

munster#1 wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 8:59 am We can come up with 100s of excuses why we are losing, but the biggest reason is because we are plying sh1t and not playing what’s in front of us.

There has been some really shocking decision making from the back line, really trying to force things, and handing back hard fought possession.
In the pack, the loose forwards just aren’t working hard enough, with the possible exception of VDF and POM.
They are not working hard enough to get to the breakdown, and when they do they are not working hard enough to retain, slow down or turnover ball.

How a player can walk through a ruck at this level is completely unacceptable, and it results in a soft try.

Schmidt out?

munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

OTT wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 9:03 am
munster#1 wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 8:59 am We can come up with 100s of excuses why we are losing, but the biggest reason is because we are plying sh1t and not playing what’s in front of us.

Schmidt out?
You’re not wrong.
Schmidt’s All Blacks are hammering us.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

I wonder who thought tacking on 2 games against the MAB's was a good idea. A tour to NZ is brutal enough without adding two games against a team that would be easily inside the top 10 if they were ranked. Hopefully we don't pick up any serious injuries.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

suisse wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 8:58 am The thing I hate about following Ireland the most on days like this is we, more often than not, take an almighty hammering. A humiliation. With the exception of Australia 1991, every world cup is an utter embarrassment. The last tine we played NZ outside of Dublin we were thrashed. The last time we played in NZ we were thrashed. Enough of these f%~king thrashings.

Forget about winning RWCs. I'm more looking forward to the day when Southern Hemisphere teams are not destroying us regularly outside of November.
deleted
Last edited by cormac on July 2nd, 2022, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Good start to the second half.

Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

Excellent start. Bit more composure. Great finish by Ringrose. Reminds me of BODs finish vs Australia in 2003.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Clear knock on missed early in those phases and then a harsh call on POM. Not the kind of thing you need on a day like this
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Dickson gives penalties against us for going around the side at rucks, fair enough, but he’s allowed them at it all game.

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Bad miss by Ringrose there.