The 4th Test

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

The 4th Test

Post by TerenureJim »

Should we be pushing to have 4 November internationals every year?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: The 4th Test

Post by Oldschool »

TerenureJim wrote:Should we be pushing to have 4 November internationals every year?
England started to play all three Tri Nations team every autumn a few years before they won their RWC
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

I think so. To be the best you need to beat the best and do it regularly.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Oldschool wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Should we be pushing to have 4 November internationals every year?
England started to play all three Tri Nations team every autumn a few years before they won their RWC
Yeah, I think so, but there has to be an acceptance at pro 12/prl level that having the same 15 players week on week being fielded is a non-runner. It's not like soccer and there will be times when big stars aren't playing. I think most people take an interest to support their team and not to watch individuals anyway, irrespective of what they claim their surveys say. If they - I'm looking at you prl - want to try to think their competition is the most important (when it clearly is not) and everyone else must bow to their will, then we have a race to the bottom, where players can't sustain the amount they are having to play.