The 4 nations

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Re: The 4 nations

Post by offshorerules »

Delighted for the Argies and NZ looked good again. Some improvement from Australia but they are limited.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

offshorerules wrote:Delighted for the Argies and NZ looked good again. Some improvement from Australia but they are limited.
Read a good line that Australias veterans are too old and their rookies are too green

Citing was an omnishambles, Franks shouldve gotten months for the eye gouge on Douglas and Mahoje was making high tackles all game including a full on chokehold
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

The classic pattern obviously is Argentina (or anyone else) maybe stay with kiwis for 60 minutes and then they pull away. But this looks like it could be a hell of a game here. Worth watching even for just the re-starts.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Joe moody with a cheap shot/poor tackle (delete as you see fit). Ends Argentina attack on half time, no yellow card, Petti looks like out of the game (maybe he'll be back up for second half, I don't know) and kick gets missed. I despair.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

They stayed with em for 53
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Fan with smartphone wrote:Joe moody with a cheap shot/poor tackle (delete as you see fit). Ends Argentina attack on half time, no yellow card, Petti looks like out of the game (maybe he'll be back up for second half, I don't know) and kick gets missed. I despair.
Thought that too, definitely worth a look by the TMO anyway.

Amazing how NZ always manage to win the big moments in games. Read's intercept when Argentina looked like going under the sticks was extraordinary and then NZ managed to gather themselves shortly afterwards and get the score that killed the game.

Feel sorry for Argentina. There isn't any other team in the world that they'd be losing against now, never mind losing so heavily. Hard to know if that means they're heading in the right direction or if they need to rethink their approach. Their defence has collapsed after a few phases throughout the game anyway so that needs work but it's impossible to play at that tempo for 80 minutes so not sure they should try.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

I think if you're ever going to bridge the gap you are going to have to try to outplay them, rather than try to just stop them. You might catch them out one day trying to stop them, or maybe keep the score down, but if you want to be better and really earn the victory - gotta outplay them.

Massive challenge and I'm admiring what Argentina are trying because that's the big picture and it does risk what happened in that second half, but they will get better and better playing like that. Having said that you are dead right in that they are maybe going beyond that and verging a wee bit into kamikaze territory. Some control is occasionallyrequired like!

Have to hand it to New Zealand though. Defend and they'll punch you in the stomach. Attack and they'll hit you in the face.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Fan with smartphone wrote: Defend and they'll punch you in the stomach. Attack and they'll hit you in the face.
:lol:

Nice way of putting it!
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

NZ win with 2 rounds left
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

I fall for these crazy offloading, anthem singing Argentinians every time.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Not to be defeatist, but these kiwis are unbeatable.
Mckenzie hasn't even came on yet.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

New Zealand aren't playing England in November but England in Twickenham is the only game I could the All Blacks losing at the moment. They just might get overpowered in the rain with a big crowd behind the home team.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Aaron Smith suspended for 1 game by the All Blacks for going into a disabled airport toilet with a lady, if he had eye gouged her they would have let him off
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

simonokeeffe wrote:Aaron Smith suspended for 1 game by the All Blacks for going into a disabled airport toilet with a lady, if he had eye gouged her they would have let him off
Lol. Can't think clearly. Too. Many. Jokes.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Fan with smartphone wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Aaron Smith suspended for 1 game by the All Blacks for going into a disabled airport toilet with a lady, if he had eye gouged her they would have let him off
Lol. Can't think clearly. Too. Many. Jokes.
If he'd gouged her then thered be a better excuse for using disabled toilet
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I wonder if there'll be any more punishment? It's a pretty bad incident in fairness. Don't think it would be as bad if it was a drunken night out but in an airport for an official All Blacks trip and in his official gear is really bad. I read somewhere that there'd be a hearing back in NZ, I reckon that could see him banned until the end of the year.

TJP is a great replacement but it'd still be great for us if he was missing. He's one of the main guys in setting the tempo.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I wonder if there'll be any more punishment? It's a pretty bad incident in fairness. Don't think it would be as bad if it was a drunken night out but in an airport for an official All Blacks trip and in his official gear is really bad. I read somewhere that there'd be a hearing back in NZ, I reckon that could see him banned until the end of the year.

TJP is a great replacement but it'd still be great for us if he was missing. He's one of the main guys in setting the tempo.
To go super heavy he could be up poop creek as Steve Tew has been under fire for defending/not condemming a u20 player battering 2 women and other matters
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Only read about that yesterday, horrific. There have been a few other incidents recently too and they weren't exactly well behaved the last time they visited Dublin.

When so much stuff is in the public domain I think they should crack the whip.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Link is in super rugby thread in general rugby but also case of Chiefs being accused of sexual assault by a stripper at their end of season do