6 Nations (Women)

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: 6 Nations (Women)

Post by Dave Cahill »

Two weeks in a row the try bonus point coming with 80 on the clock - talk about playing to the final whistle!
I have Bumbleflex
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Dave Cahill wrote:Two weeks in a row the try bonus point coming with 80 on the clock - talk about playing to the final whistle!
Couldn't believe it! Brave crosskick and a fantastic run to finish, thrilling stuff.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I should have excused Fitzpatrick and Miller from that. They were superb throughout. Naoupu was also really good, wouldn't blame her for some of the errors in the first half, they were caused by others.
Claire Molloy was awesome throughout - her strength is amazing and her balance when running is simply outstanding.

‪Also thought Leah Lyons had a fantastic game. She has some engine on her - played the full 80 and got through a massive amount of work.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Why the f%~k is Sophie Spence on the bench? Why is Tierney picking weak teams? Why are players being released to the poxy pointless sewer of a sevens circuit (yeah that Olympics bullshit worked out well didn't it?)

I'm a big supporter of women's rugby but this sort of bullshit completely undermines the team! If you don't give enough of a sh!t about the Six Nations to pick your best team, then why should we exactly?

Would be amazed if they get another point in the championship, their skill levels are awful and Tierney has them giving half a sh!t!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Xanthippe wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I should have excused Fitzpatrick and Miller from that. They were superb throughout. Naoupu was also really good, wouldn't blame her for some of the errors in the first half, they were caused by others.
Claire Molloy was awesome throughout - her strength is amazing and her balance when running is simply outstanding.

‪Also thought Leah Lyons had a fantastic game. She has some engine on her - played the full 80 and got through a massive amount of work.
Very true, Molloy was excellent throughout.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The brain donors in the IRFU have decided to pull Sene Nauopu, Alison Millar and Hannah Tyrrell from the 6 Nations before this weekends game against the French to send them out of the sevens circuit. Ireland currently lead the six nations after wins over Scotland and Italy, but the tests against France and England are the key games in the tournament and Ireland will be without our three best backs.
I have Bumbleflex
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Dave Cahill wrote:The brain donors in the IRFU have decided to pull Sene Nauopu, Alison Millar and Hannah Tyrrell from the 6 Nations before this weekends game against the French to send them out of the sevens circuit. Ireland currently lead the six nations after wins over Scotland and Italy, but the tests against France and England are the key games in the tournament and Ireland will be without our three best backs.
Did it say though they are primarily contracted to 7s so they get 1st call.

Still odd considering we hosting RWC

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:The brain donors in the IRFU have decided to pull Sene Nauopu, Alison Millar and Hannah Tyrrell from the 6 Nations before this weekends game against the French to send them out of the sevens circuit. Ireland currently lead the six nations after wins over Scotland and Italy, but the tests against France and England are the key games in the tournament and Ireland will be without our three best backs.
Just read about that and can't believe it. There should have been a massive effort to big up this game but they've done the exact opposite...in a year when we host the f**king World Cup. I don't care what the benefits of 7s are, that's absolute nonsense.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: Just read about that and can't believe it. There should have been a massive effort to big up this game but they've done the exact opposite...in a year when we host the f**king World Cup. I don't care what the benefits of 7s are, that's absolute nonsense.
+1
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Pure madness and grossly unfair to National Rugby team, players, fans and sponsors. IRFU said this would never happen. 15's is mainsteam and Club based. Seven's is elite, Olympic-oriented, and in this country, the plaything of long-time Nucifora mate Anthony Eddy.

Leading the 6 Nations and playing at home against France, stripping three of our most experienced players out to send them to Las Vegas is definitely what Irish Rugby supporters of any gender, want.

Bad call IRFU!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Its making the current Mrs Cahill and I reconsider attending games in this championship and the World Cup
I have Bumbleflex
Hammerhead
Learner

Post by Hammerhead »

It's an absolute joke. Really annoyed at this decision. Its sad as I think the skill levels have dropped off in the last couple of years. It's odd really as much was promised. I don't blame the players at all. They are talented athletes. Just seems that the system is failing them.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Saw something yesterday about the IRFU saying they weren't disrespecting the 6 Nations...yeah right.

Really can't get over them doing this when we're hosting the World Cup. I wouldn't like it anyway (and not a fan of 7s being used in conjunction with 15s as it is) but even if I could understand the importance of it, the circumstances dictate that this match should have been hugely publicised and maybe even played in the Aviva after the men's game. Not just for the success of this year's WC, but for our bid for 2023 as well. I hope this kind of thing damages that bid tbh.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Saw something yesterday about the IRFU saying they weren't disrespecting the 6 Nations...yeah right.

Really can't get over them doing this when we're hosting the World Cup. I wouldn't like it anyway (and not a fan of 7s being used in conjunction with 15s as it is) but even if I could understand the importance of it, the circumstances dictate that this match should have been hugely publicised and maybe even played in the Aviva after the men's game. Not just for the success of this year's WC, but for our bid for 2023 as well. I hope this kind of thing damages that bid tbh.
You hope something damages our bid for rwc 2023? Really? :shock:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Yeah. If the IRFU aren't going to do a good enough job of promoting and preparing for the World Cup that we're hosting, and treat the 6N and the women's team disrespectfully then I would hope that there are consequences.

Imagine if we pulled Ringrose, Zebo, and Henshaw from the 6N in 2023? It wouldn't happen and I don't see how this is okay either. Theres been a big negative reaction to this and there should be consequences to it.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

So even with a weakened team we beat the French.
A proud Winsome Fluter
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Yeah. If the IRFU aren't going to do a good enough job of promoting and preparing for the World Cup that we're hosting, and treat the 6N and the women's team disrespectfully then I would hope that there are consequences.

Imagine if we pulled Ringrose, Zebo, and Henshaw from the 6N in 2023? It wouldn't happen and I don't see how this is okay either. Theres been a big negative reaction to this and there should be consequences to it.
Hardly the same. There is no question of any male player being pulled for a 7s game.

I would hope that any concequences would be as far away from our 2023 bid as humanly possible. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Perhaps with the win v France they will be sneaked back in for the England game on Paddys day.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

johng wrote: Hardly the same. There is no question of any male player being pulled for a 7s game.
Precisely.
I have Bumbleflex
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:
johng wrote: Hardly the same. There is no question of any male player being pulled for a 7s game.
Precisely.
This has Nucifora's finger prints all over it. I've yet to meet someone in a senior position within the IRFU who has any regard for 7's. Nucifora clearly does and I'd imagine that he pushed the button on this.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Looks like they've copied our attack from last night. Lots of possession and lots of chances but really struggling to score.