Re: 6N 2016 (other teams)

Post by FLIP »

How I'm feeling about England vs Wales

Anyone But New Zealand
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Wales.. Definitely Wales. Could not tolerate an English grand slam.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Tuilagi in for Goode in the 23 - team named tomorrow. George injured - out for 8-10 weeks replaced by Cowan Dickie, Hill replaced by Kieran Brookes.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

My support was erring on the Wales side because I didn't feel this England team was good enough to warrant a GS. I feel differently now, England were immense for 60 minutes, mediocre for 10 and cr@p for the final phases but they deserved the win and the Championship - begrudgingly.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

I have a technical question for the laws experts.

Dan Cole got a yellow card for collapsing a maul after repeated England offences. This penalty then gets reversed because Tomas Francis 'makes contact with the face' (long ban coming, hopefully). Can/ should the yellow card not be reversed in these circumstances? I presume the fact that he had already left the pitch means this is not possible, but if the TMO had launched the review more quickly then I'm sure he would have stayed on, particularly as his penalty wasn't for serious foul play. So it seems a bit unfair, even if England did deserve a yellow card at that stage for all the penalties.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Made Of Ale wrote:I have a technical question for the laws experts.

Dan Cole got a yellow card for collapsing a maul after repeated England offences. This penalty then gets reversed because Tomas Francis 'makes contact with the face' (long ban coming, hopefully). Can/ should the yellow card not be reversed in these circumstances? I presume the fact that he had already left the pitch means this is not possible, but if the TMO had launched the review more quickly then I'm sure he would have stayed on, particularly as his penalty wasn't for serious foul play. So it seems a bit unfair, even if England did deserve a yellow card at that stage for all the penalties.
The judge found Cole guilty.
So he penalised him and yellow carded him.
Subsequently his defence lawyer pleaded leniency so the judge reduced the sentance to a YC only.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

How did Francis not get any card at all?
Anyone But New Zealand
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

FLIP wrote:

How did Francis not get any card at all?
He wasn't penalised for contact with the eyes. There was only one view and the ref couldn't tell where contact was made so he did him for reckless play with the option of further sanctions.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

It was a stupid TMO intervention. At normal speed (only possible by playing replay at fast-forward) the hand contact with eye is clearly accidental and momentary. However, once he started on his examination neither on his camera shots showed either wilful or malicious contact with Coles eyes. He should have backed off at that point, but, for the 3rd time in this 6N tournament he didnt and got decision wrong and attributed reckless behaviour to Francis. cr@p decision and Joubert wasn't going to disagree with him so late in the game. IMO, Owens would have overruled him.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Wales bottled it, passing in first half was lamentable and they kicked away so much ball in good positions

Marler should be cited for a ground and pound elbow, vine of it is below

https://twitter.com/theblitzdefence/sta ... 7993152513

Marler also in trouble according to Welsh meeja for racially abusing Samson Lee over traveller heritage
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

What a terrible decision by Jackson! There was a clear penalty infringement by Laidlaw pulling back the No 6. A joke, or maybe that's how SH rugby has so much movement, by ignoring the Laws.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Without little doubt, the worst refereeing performance of this championship. Jackson was terrible.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Scotland win the Six Nations for England! No wonder they're so happy. Ooh rugby fwends
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Without little doubt, the worst refereeing performance of this championship. Jackson was terrible.
Worse than Peyper in the France v Ireland game? I respectfully disagree. I will give you the worst scrum refereeing performance of the tournament though.
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

Twist wrote:Scotland win the Six Nations for England! No wonder they're so happy. Ooh rugby fwends
England had won it anyway, even if France had somehow pulled off the two wins, they would still have had to make up about fifty points on England.

No doubt England have been the best side in a non-vintage year, Ireland and Wales not at their best by a long shot.

I have a hunch they're set up for a classic Grand Slam fail next weekend though, nice for those who are nostalgic for the late nineties/ early noughties.
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

Ruckedtobits wrote:It was a stupid TMO intervention. At normal speed (only possible by playing replay at fast-forward) the hand contact with eye is clearly accidental and momentary. However, once he started on his examination neither on his camera shots showed either wilful or malicious contact with Coles eyes. He should have backed off at that point, but, for the 3rd time in this 6N tournament he didnt and got decision wrong and attributed reckless behaviour to Francis. cr@p decision and Joubert wasn't going to disagree with him so late in the game. IMO, Owens would have overruled him.
Not sure about that, I think it looks pretty bad and way worse than the recent incidents with the Stade players and Ashton:

http://www.the42.ie/tomas-francis-citin ... 8-Mar2016/

Couple of months of a ban I'd say.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

am with Made of Ale on this, general play was good but scrums he was clueless, though they were a mess

TMO missed at least one blatant French cheap shot

if we beat Scotland and England beat France we finish 3rd

Scotland still fairly inept in attack and Noves is still crazy (FTD kicking for first time ever etc)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

So do we want England to win, giving us a good shot at 3rd, or do we want France to win to deny England the Grand Slam, thus ensuring we won't finish better than 4th?

I'd probably just about want France to win. An English championship would be bad enough, a Grand Slam would be intolerable! An improved France losing to Scotland could be perfect for next weekend in Paris. Just hope their 6-day turnaround and 8 of their team playing club rugby last weekend doesn't fatigue them too much.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Think like Tom Grace.

€€€€

England for the slam.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

England have been well worth the slam this year, and I won't begrudge them winning it. Especially if it helps us.
Anyone But New Zealand