pontypridd

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

awaydayfirst
Beginner

pontypridd

Post by awaydayfirst »

Hi Guys

I know its a long shot but is anybody staying in Pontypridd this weekend for the France game.Or am i the only Eejit staying there :)

Just seeing if anybody wanted to share a taxi etc.
Barry
Enlightened

Re: pontypridd

Post by Barry »

there's a good train service from Pontypridd into Cardiff (30 minutes ish) - taxi will be about £20 each way.
much cheaper if you can arrange for a taxi from ponty to pick you up in Cardiff rather than using a cardiff based taxi to get you home.
awaydayfirst
Beginner

Post by awaydayfirst »

Hi Barry

Yeah the trains are very regular into Cardiff thats not a problem. Thanks for the advise about booking a taxi in Ponty, i never tought of that. The last train back to Ponty both nights is at 23:36. So obviosuly if im out in cardiff late il need a taxi home. I was checking quotes online from cardiff based companies and they range from £30 to £40. I think i will have to pick and exact time to be collected and try a company in Ponty.

Thanks for the advise.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Trains in Cardiff after big games are generally a nightmare with queues anyway, so the pre-arranged cab is the way to go alright.
There's a decent chance you'll meet other Ireland fans on the train going in as well so you might be able to share the cab for most or all of the way.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

stayed out beyond Ponty for the 2011 HEC final and the hotel arranged a local cabbie to look after us - he was great.