Rugby World Cup (other teams)

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: Rugby World Cup (other teams)

Post by fourthirtythree »

Oz haven't been great, but they have been the second best team in the world all year. So well deserved. Cheika some man!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Plays right into the kiwis hands. Attritional game 6 days before the final. Advantage SA for the turd place game too.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Argentina made more line breaks against Oz than against us,but scored no tries . great attacking game but at the highest level, defences win matches, Neither finalist conceded a try in their semi-final!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

There was nothing in that match that Ireland aren't capable of. I'm not sure if that's encouraging or adding to my despair
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Defence. Ireland weren't capable of defending.

Also we simply never made the kind of metres with ball in hand that they did today. But we lost our last match more because we defended so, so badly.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

fourthirtythree wrote:Defence. Ireland weren't capable of defending.

Also we simply never made the kind of metres with ball in hand that they did today. But we lost our last match more because we defended so, so badly.
yup, who do you think is easier to run at Keith Earls or Kuridrani? Jordi Muphy or Pooper?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

simonokeeffe wrote:

yup, who do you think is easier to run at Keith Earls or Kuridrani? Jordi Muphy or Pooper?
Careful now!! T'was the Kearneys fault we lost that match
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

They did their part to be fair!

I haven't watched it back again, it's just so deflating and I haven't the spirit, but the drop off in intensity from the week before and... no. I still don't have the spirit in me to continue.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

fourthirtythree wrote:They did their part to be fair!

I haven't watched it back again, it's just so deflating and I haven't the spirit, but the drop off in intensity from the week before and... no. I still don't have the spirit in me to continue.
Sorry, too soon?

was wandering around Marley park with the kids today dressed as a vampire, may have switched my filters off
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

I don't need to dress up as a vampire: the haggard face drained of blood, cadaverous dead features, hollow haunted eyes, feral hissing when I am crossed... They are all authentic.

Went to Bram Stoker festival things in town today (got a Victorian family photograph, I had the stern disapproving visage of a Victorian paterfamilias down pat...) so we're in the mood!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

fourthirtythree wrote:I don't need to dress up as a vampire: the haggard face drained of blood, cadaverous dead features, hollow haunted eyes, feral hissing when I am crossed... They are all authentic.

Went to Bram Stoker festival things in town today (got a Victorian family photograph, I had the stern disapproving visage of a Victorian paterfamilias down pat...) so we're in the mood!
:-[
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

simonokeeffe wrote:

Australia had an aggressive line and shut Argentina down at source whereas Ireland were passive and stood off allowing them too much time and space.. I'd blame the system, not the players.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Is the Argentina love in over?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Logorrhea wrote:Is the Argentina love in over?

Yeah, hate them
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

jimbobjoe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Australia had an aggressive line and shut Argentina down at source whereas Ireland were passive and stood off allowing them too much time and space.. I'd blame the system, not the players.
true

but no matter what way you cut it Australia defend very well
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

The operative word was 'capable'
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I wouldn't mind so much if Argentina had caught us cold but we'd seen how they could move the ball and had been found out to an extent against Italy so to not be prepared for it is a big black mark against Joe and Les Kiss.

If only we'd forced them back inside more often and had Donncha Ryan waiting to smash them backwards...

It's funny, when I watched it live my main impression was that Argentina were just brilliant (which they were) and that we were missing so many key players that we couldn't do much about it, but the more I think about it the more I think we got wrong and should still have performed better regardless of how good Argentina were. We may still have lost but it should have been a very different game.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I wouldn't mind so much if Argentina had caught us cold but we'd seen how they could move the ball and had been found out to an extent against Italy so to not be prepared for it is a big black mark against Joe and Les Kiss.

If only we'd forced them back inside more often and had Donncha Ryan waiting to smash them backwards...

It's funny, when I watched it live my main impression was that Argentina were just brilliant (which they were) and that we were missing so many key players that we couldn't do much about it, but the more I think about it the more I think we got wrong and should still have performed better regardless of how good Argentina were. We may still have lost but it should have been a very different game.
not for the faint of heart but is this how you view repeats of that game?
Show Spoiler:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Simon, we've been over this, please stop taking photos of me when I'm trying to relax.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Simon, we've been over this, please stop taking photos of me when I'm trying to relax.
how can you relax without knowing what Steve Walsh is up to these days?