Ireland vs France

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Ireland vs France

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:George Hook on radio yesterday saying we should have an Irish coach and provinces shouldnt hire foreign coaches :lol:
Your man Dave gave him a run for his money tho and he didn't like it.
Hook was having a go at Joe last weekend so you can see the agenda again.
Next he'll be telling us Joe has lost the dressing room AGAIN.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

simonokeeffe wrote:George Hook on radio yesterday saying we should have an Irish coach and provinces shouldnt hire foreign coaches :lol:
My girlfriend told me there was something on facebook doing the rounds that he's not retiring :(. Apparently his wife doesn't want him at home......cow.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

paddyor wrote:
My girlfriend told me there was something on facebook doing the rounds that he's not retiring :(. Apparently his wife doesn't want him at home......cow.
Maybe he could round yours to while away his time? Everyone wins (except you) :wink:
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

paddyor wrote:
would you?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

That was in from the side on Ben arous.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

Love to know our possession stats in the second half but it must be the square root of f%~k all
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

The face on ROG and COS when hook opens his mouth is priceless. They don't even attempt to address his rambling. They must have heard he's planning to stay on.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Thought Basteraud's 2 heads into Johnnys face were a bit questionable although I'd like to see the replay to be sure.
Sionnach
Bookworm

Ireland vs France

Post by Sionnach »

matt wrote:Thought Basteraud's 2 heads into Johnnys face were a bit questionable although I'd like to see the replay to be sure.
When you're running forward is hard not to lead with the head. Don't think he did anything wrong. Worse when players lead with the forearm since that's showing intent to hit high. Big b*%&!cks by Sexton to keep his nerve and going back in for the tackle on him again and again.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Thought Basteraud's 2 heads into Johnnys face were a bit questionable although I'd like to see the replay to be sure.
The first one was MB tackling Sexton high but legal, and they clashed heads.
The second was the exact same situation except MB carried into JS.
Nothing questionable except both players tackling technique. In their defence both players would have gone in high to prevent an offload.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

So Jamie apparently has a suspected fractured vertebrae in his back and that could be the end of his Six Nations if not his season. :(
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

nc6000 wrote:So Jamie apparently has a suspected fractured vertebrae in his back and that could be the end of his Six Nations if not his season. :(
And yet according to Barnes deliberately kneeing someone in the back is as bad as being caught at the bottom of a ruck.
Anyone But New Zealand
maps
Knowledgeable

Post by maps »

Zebo not up to standard. Poor in defence and at ruck time. Almost cost us. Must bring in Luke or Dave for the England game, but who am I to question Joe...
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

FLIP wrote:
nc6000 wrote:So Jamie apparently has a suspected fractured vertebrae in his back and that could be the end of his Six Nations if not his season. :(
And yet according to Barnes deliberately kneeing someone in the back is as bad as being caught at the bottom of a ruck.

Papé did'nt understand why he was sin binned.
He could have to stay home a few weeks now and think about it.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

FLIP wrote:
Barnes was also the ref in Dublin in 2012 when Bradley Davies should have been sent off for upending Donnacha Ryan. That's two straight red cards that he saw clearly and yet didn't send the player off. Definitely not a homer, anyway....
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Not defending Pape's action here but at the time the knee didn't appear to go anywhere near the skeletal structure, the kidney was of more concern, so I do wonder whether the main damage was done elsewhere in the game and getting kneed tipped it over the edge rather than being the cause if that diagnosis is true.

Anyone got a clip of the incident to watch it again?
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Vamos los azules wrote:Anyone got a clip of the incident to watch it again?
http://youtu.be/wRtkmDXLzcI
Anyone But New Zealand
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

paddyor wrote:
The lovely Ingrid?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

suisse wrote:
paddyor wrote:
The lovely Ingrid?
Can't blame her, can you imagine having to listen to that ould fart all day, every day?

His work is beyond cretinous at this stage, just mindless blather. Whether he retires or not, RTE shouldn't renew his contract. He's an embarrassment at this stage
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Thought he was just retiring from rugby on RTE, not Newstalk?