Heaslip in decline since '09?

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Heaslip in decline since '09?

Post by paddyor »

The thread title is Heaslip in decline since '09?

Honest answer......No. He's played some of his best rugby since '09! Got MOTM against Scotland(yes, yes, POM etc). Ireland were inconsistent and poor mostly in the time after the Slam, can't think of a player who was consistently good in green(not bad but not great either) in that time.

You could be honest with yourself. as a Munster fan overstatement is mandatory like pride and pashun. Thus the difference between 1 player and another becomes inestimable, the decision to drop/select such and such is a SHOCKING mistake and potentially DISASTEROUS and last but not least the difference between a good performance and a sh*te one emblametic of a players decline over the past 5 seasons is a gif!

Be honest do you think he's been trusted with the captaincy at Leinster and Ireland becuase his coaches think he's cool or want a pair of gaudy head phones(and more)?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Heaslipped wrote:
suisse wrote:I know there are no rules when it comes to answering a troll, but I always think when someone comes on here making these remarks about Heaslip, for example, we shouldn't immediately start attacking Munster players in retaliation. Whatever this guy has to say about Heaslip, just let him rabble away with one GIF. No need to talk about Munster players, their financial situation or anything else. That kind of mentality should be left to mf.com. This person could be from Galway or Belfast (although, that is unlikely. It is very obvious he/she is a Munster fan).

Either ignore the thread entirely, or have fun with the loser who wrote the OP. Getting offended, insulting Munster's Irish players and using emoticons is the worst thing you can do.
Ya, but you have to admit though that he is not the player he used to be. That the most excuses you'll ever here about any player are about Heaslip. He is tame for an 8 and his attitude of late has been quite poor. He has been lucky that he is in a position where his only competition over the past 5 years was an AIL club player for half his career.
Ya, but I have to admit nothing. Apart from a single GIF, you have no argument to make.

Jamie Heaslip. 67 Ireland caps. 184 Leinster caps (never a used sub in a Heineken Cup game). 2 British and Irish Lion tours (5 tests caps, one series win). 3 Heineken Cups. 3 League titles. 1 Amlin Cup. 2 Six Nations (1 a Grand Slam). Highest paid player in Ireland. Regular captain of country and province. It must grate you soooo much to see this guy successful. You even create a pet name for him. But he keeps getting picked. He keeps winning trophies. And despite all your outrage, all you have is a GIF and a username. I'd hate to be you.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

They don't like Jamie down in Knackeragua, thats for sure. Of course they dislike most if not all of the boys in blue (SOB gets an easier time of it because hes a farmer! :roll: ). But some players in particular seem to really rub them up the wrong way though, Jamie is one and Rob, and now of course his brother for stealing super Simon's place on the squad. Sexto is not too popular either for the many insults he inflicted upon the great ROG. And its not just from the safety of the internet either, Jamie was booed by the "brave and the faithful" down in TP a few years back, when he wearing the green of Ireland, as captain too! Bunch of yobs.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

blockhead wrote:They don't like Jamie down in a) Knackeragua, thats for sure. Of course they dislike most if not all of the boys in blue b)(SOB gets an easier time of it because hes a farmer! :roll: )
a) Do you have to? :roll:

b) The Seán O'Brien love outside the pale is the most patronising bullshit going. I actually find it more offensive than their small minded dismissal of anyone from Dublin which is mere envy writ as hate.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

fourthirtythree wrote:
blockhead wrote:They don't like Jamie down in a) Knackeragua, thats for sure. Of course they dislike most if not all of the boys in blue b)(SOB gets an easier time of it because hes a farmer! :roll: )
a) Do you have to? :roll:

b) The Seán O'Brien love outside the pale is the most patronising bullshit going. I actually find it more offensive than their small minded dismissal of anyone from Dublin which is mere envy writ as hate.
Love this post fourthirtythree, both those things really get on my wick.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Where is knackeragua?
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

leinster4life13 wrote:Where is knackeragua?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Peg Leg wrote:
:?
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Awful term BTW, not humorous enough to get away with the fact that it implies all the Munsters are on a lower social scale.

I don't mind good natured piss taking but it's that kinda shite that makes them (justifiably sometimes) hate us.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

outcast eddie wrote:
Awful term BTW, not humorous enough to get away with the fact that it implies all the Munsters are on a lower social scale.

I don't mind good natured piss taking but it's that kinda shite that makes them (justifiably sometimes) hate us.
I don't like it myself, but it is more commonly used to refer to the Ballymun/Finglas/Santry area in Dublin.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Peg Leg wrote:
outcast eddie wrote:

I don't like it myself, but it is more commonly used to refer to the Ballymun/Finglas/Santry area in Dublin.
Careful there associating Santry with those other two places...Basically came from Paul Howard describing disadvantaged areas of Dublin in His Ross Books but more related to the Northside than anywhere else...also noting Tallafornia and Breyjing
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

I was using the phrase when Paul Howard was in primary school.

Nicaragua was in the news a lot in the early 70s which lead to the joke. Has been in and out of use ever since.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

I think turnipstan is more accurate anyway.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Shelbyville is my favourite
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
totalrandomer
Graduate

Post by totalrandomer »

Alternative Ulster wrote:I was using the phrase when Paul Howard was in primary school.

Nicaragua was in the news a lot in the early 70s which lead to the joke. Has been in and out of use ever since.
Managua earthquake = 1972 Paul Howard born = 1971

∴ Knackeragua existence pre-dated PH entering primary school.

QED.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

simonokeeffe wrote:Shelbyville is my favourite
Absolutely: a mirror image with the same faults, both places thinking they are unique.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

A knacker is a person in the trade of rendering animals that have died on farms or are unfit for human consumption, such as horses that can no longer work.[1] This leads to the slang expression "knackered" meaning very tired, or "ready for the knacker's yard", where old horses are slaughtered and the by-products are sent for rendering. A knacker's yard or knackery is different from a slaughterhouse, where animals are slaughtered for human consumption. In most countries Knackery premises are regulated by law.
Knackeragua seems like a good fit. Lets stick with that shall we.
And lets distinguish it from other, potentially, offensive terms such as (look away now if you're easily upset) gypo, pikey, cream-cracker, corkonian,
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

totalrandomer wrote:
Alternative Ulster wrote:I was using the phrase when Paul Howard was in primary school.

Managua earthquake = 1972 Paul Howard born = 1971

∴ Knackeragua existence pre-dated PH entering primary school.

QED.
:lol:
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

I know we are in full silly season mode but how does a topic like this get 7 pages of posts. It shows a lack of understanding of the game of rugby, how a team is constructed and the value of different types of players in the same position. I go on holidays for two weeks and come back to this. Depressing.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Fireworks wrote:I know we are in full silly season mode but how does a topic like this get 7 pages of posts. It shows a lack of understanding of the game of rugby, how a team is constructed and the value of different types of players in the same position. I go on holidays for two weeks and come back to this. Depressing.
This post shows a lack of understanding of how silly season & trolls work. It's all well and good being off on holidays but some of us are supposed to be working and would rather not work to hard.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles