Getting the Dart post Wales match

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Getting the Dart post Wales match

Post by Donny B. »

Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice from experienced Dart users on international match day.

I'm going to a stag in Sligo after the Wales match. There's a 5.05 train going from Connolly.

Assuming the match finishes around 4.10-4.15 do you reckon I'll make it if I get the Dart immediately after the match, taking into account the big crowds and queues etc.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Getting the Dart post Wales match

Post by Oldschool »

Donny B. wrote:Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice from experienced Dart users on international match day.

I'm going to a stag in Sligo after the Wales match. There's a 5.05 train going from Connolly.

Assuming the match finishes around 4.10-4.15 do you reckon I'll make it if I get the Dart immediately after the match, taking into account the big crowds and queues etc.
Do the unthinkable - Leave early.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Oldschool wrote:

Do the unthinkable - Leave early.
Maybe if we're 30 points up? :wink:
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Short answer - no. Depending on where you are in the ground you may have to walk in circles just to get to the Dart and even if you are in the South Stand it will take a while. Then they also manage the trains holding them until full etc. You would be doing well to get on a Dart by 5. Once on it it will take 15 / 20 mins. So might be best to leave at 5 mins to go (or just before the final whistle) - get ahead of the crowd and at the very least you would be on the first train out.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

You have attended enough games at this stage Donny!

Go to Sligo and watch the game with the lads on the stag! I am sure you will have no trouble finding homes for tickets
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

If you get out of the stadium quickly enough, it's about a 35 minute walk to Connolly.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

The Doc wrote:

Short answer - no. Depending on where you are in the ground you may have to walk in circles just to get to the Dart and even if you are in the South Stand it will take a while. Then they also manage the trains holding them until full etc. You would be doing well to get on a Dart by 5. Once on it it will take 15 / 20 mins. So might be best to leave at 5 mins to go (or just before the final whistle) - get ahead of the crowd and at the very least you would be on the first train out.
Okay, cheers. Perhaps a legger from the stadium to a waiting taxi?
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Donny B. wrote:Okay, cheers. Perhaps a legger from the stadium to a waiting taxi?
Pretty much what I was thinking. There are nearly always taxis waiting and the traffic moves straight away.

Plan on the Taxi.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

what about one of those public bikes? Tie it to a railing beforehand, watch the game and bike over to Connolly in about 10-15 minutes.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

domhnallj wrote:what about one of those public bikes? Tie it to a railing beforehand, watch the game and bike over to Connolly in about 10-15 minutes.
Like your thinking but I'm not a big bike guy and I also think I'd kill myself trying to cycle through town.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Donny B. wrote:
domhnallj wrote:what about one of those public bikes? Tie it to a railing beforehand, watch the game and bike over to Connolly in about 10-15 minutes.
Like your thinking but I'm not a big bike guy and I also think I'd kill myself trying to cycle through town.
Wimp. :roll:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

johng wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Wimp. :roll:
Ah feck off!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Well I would feck off if it was during rush hour in a foreign city where they drive on the other side of the road and maybe a 20 mile journey.....

It's 2 fecken miles, no rush hour in the town you grew up in! A young healthy chap like you could cycle it in less than 10 minutes without breaking a sweat, even on one of those town bike things.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

johng wrote:Well I would feck off if it was during rush hour in a foreign city where they drive on the other side of the road and maybe a 20 mile journey.....

It's 2 fecken miles, no rush hour in the town you grew up in! A young healthy chap like you could cycle it in less than 10 minutes without breaking a sweat, even on one of those town bike things.
Just because I grew up in Dublin doesn't mean I'm familiar with cycling in it. Hey I don't even like driving through town.

So i return to my position of you fecking off!! :D
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Be careful about where your tickets are too. I'd to do a tour of Dublin after the Clermont game in order to get back to Ballsbridge.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Fair enough. The weather may be cr@p too.

You are a big running guy though. Pack a bag and stick it on your back. No way you can't run 2 miles in the guts of an hour. (see earlier weather warning though)
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Be careful about where your tickets are too. I'd to do a tour of Dublin after the Clermont game in order to get back to Ballsbridge.
That is only relevant for getting in. You can walk through the seats and leave by any exit you choose. (could be hard if you were in a hurry I suppose)
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

johng wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Be careful about where your tickets are too. I'd to do a tour of Dublin after the Clermont game in order to get back to Ballsbridge.
That is only relevant for getting in. You can walk through the seats and leave by any exit you choose. (could be hard if you were in a hurry I suppose)
Where were you when I was setting off on my trek??

Thanks for the info! Myself and my mate realised we were going to have to walk a long way and tried to get back in but the stewards wouldn't let us and there was too big a crowd to fight our way back through.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

johng wrote:Fair enough. The weather may be cr@p too.

You are a big running guy though. Pack a bag and stick it on your back. No way you can't run 2 miles in the guts of an hour. (see earlier weather warning though)
2 mile run followed by 2 hrs on a train.... bring BO-buster!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I'm in the West Stand so it's not too bad.

I think I'll leave my seat with a few minutes to go and make my way down and watch the final few minutes on one of the tellies and then leg it up to the taxi rank on Lansdowne Road