NZ V Ireland 3rd Test

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: NZ V Ireland 3rd Test

Post by ronk »

tate wrote:Can anyone post the gist and a few key quotes from the School teacher, streams gone down
Use your lack of imagination.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

ronk wrote:
RoboProp wrote:Whist now, our fearless leader is speaking. Speak oh wise Deccie
It's all about the U20 World Cup. They've been winning them all and that's why they have lots of good players.

I think he's relying on Mike Ruddock to do his job for him.
It was the provinces last time, now the U20s.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
jhc99
Knowledgeable

Post by jhc99 »

BBC rugby union commentator Alastair Eykyn on Twitter: "All Blacks devastating in 60-0 obliteration of Ireland. No Carter, Read, Nonu etc & still an Irish humiliation. How will Kidney explain?"
In BOD we trust
jhc99
Knowledgeable

Post by jhc99 »

DK: "They played well, but there were times when we let them play well, and once New Zealand get ahead of you like that they run away with it.

"The first 20 minutes were a bit loose with our intensity at the breakdown - we lost all the collisions and if you do that you're going to lose the game. It was our job to front up for it and we didn't manage to do that.

"We gained some experience for some of our younger guys and they will be stronger for that, and if they're not stronger they will fall by the wayside, but I'm not going to clutch at straws after what was a hammering."
In BOD we trust
jhc99
Knowledgeable

Post by jhc99 »

Andrew Cotter on Twitter: Kidney failure.
In BOD we trust
Jackal
Bookworm

Post by Jackal »

jhc99 wrote:BBC rugby union commentator Alastair Eykyn on Twitter: "All Blacks devastating in 60-0 obliteration of Ireland. No Carter, Read, Nonu etc & still an Irish humiliation. How will Kidney explain?"
Not very fair to name NZ players missing and ignore the fact Ireland are missing Ferris, POC, Darcy, Heaslip, Bowe. Not defending Kidney or anything like that, I think he should go and the result speaks for itself but if they want to start comparing missing players Ireland win hands down
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Jackal wrote:
jhc99 wrote:BBC rugby union commentator Alastair Eykyn on Twitter: "All Blacks devastating in 60-0 obliteration of Ireland. No Carter, Read, Nonu etc & still an Irish humiliation. How will Kidney explain?"
Not very fair to name NZ players missing and ignore the fact Ireland are missing Ferris, POC, Darcy, Heaslip, Bowe. Not defending Kidney or anything like that, I think he should go and the result speaks for itself but if they want to start comparing missing players Ireland win hands down
Fair point.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Fortunately I spent the morning getting sprayed with vomit by two pre school children rather than watching that abomination.

Jealous?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

fourthirtythree wrote:Fortunately I spent the morning getting sprayed with vomit by two pre school children rather than watching that abomination.

Jealous?
Of course
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

When you get a kick in the go*lies on the park you can either lie down and wait until you the pain disappears, or get up and go and find the guy who did it. That's the options facing us after a performance that I though we had seen the last of.

Irish international rugby was never as good as we built it up and it isn't as bad as it feels today. A full dose of humility has been administered and now we must try to figure out what regime the patient needs to bring about full recovery.

It probably marks the end of the period which has been termed the "Golden Generation" but they gave fantastic service and wonderful leadership to kids who have been watching them for the past 10 / 12 years. Some of those guys played in South Africa over the past two weeks and they certainly have higher expectations of their future that the 'Golden Generation' did when they started out. Our ultimate recalibration of "acheivable objectives" must be to set our sights on being better than France, Wales, England and Scotland. If we can achieve that and I believe that we can, but it may take us two seasons, we can look at the SH again and decide whether we can compete with any of them on an equal footing. Argentina and Australia are the two most obvious targets and we will have opportunities in the next two seasons against them.

Its too early to pick out what new players will be involved in the reconstruction but we have a good base line and certainly better than post-Lens.

"Let us go to our tribes and ready them for the journey"
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Jackal wrote:The scars could be long lasting from this.
It has to be used as motivation. Never again
illthinkofsomething
Bookworm

Post by illthinkofsomething »

jhc99 wrote:Andrew Cotter on Twitter: Kidney failure.
Time for a transplant!
2009 2011 2012
Lions me hole, I have no interest in watching Irishmen getting injured playing for England in Welsh shirts....it has a ring of the Somme to it
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

What a f**king horror show!!

Same ould Ireland under Kidney though, we never back up a good performance. Wallace selection a disaster, but even though I've never thought he was international standard it wasn't his fault. He was sitting on a beach last week and he's brought in to play New Zeland after a few training sessions.

Wonder who the half-wits are going to blame now that they don't have Darce and Jamie to scapegoat?
locho
Bookworm

Post by locho »

Just to echo Donny's point it goes to show that without Jamie and Darce we are definitely weaker. dont know what you got till its gone sort of thing.

The weakness in our midfield defenece was so evident from the start (hard to blame Wallace but he shouldn't have been there) and POM at the base of the scrum, albeit under more pressure this week, wasn't very good.

There were so many poor performances out there not least of which BOD who was doing some ridiculous things, threw the ball away 3 times, fell off more tackles than i've seen ever and had a couple of missed catches/knock ons one which led to a try.

Again we created nothing when in possession all too lateral, and the sexton wrap around, which is so effective when done right at leinster, just isn't working at this level and yet we see it 5/6 times in every match with no success so you wonder why they keep trying it.
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Sweet suffering f%~k that was not an experience I want to repeat, ever. However bad it was on tv be thankful you weren't in the stadium with a load of kiwis!

Gutted for the players. Hope it doesn't cause lasting damage.

:-(
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Hickiefan wrote:Sweet suffering f%~k that was not an experience I want to repeat, ever. However bad it was on tv be thankful you weren't in the stadium with a load of kiwis!

Gutted for the players. Hope it doesn't cause lasting damage.

:-(
Genuinely, my deepest, deepest sympathies. Ugh.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Donny B. wrote:
Wonder who the half-wits are going to blame now that they don't have Darce and Jamie to scapegoat?
Shelbyville very quiet on that front so far, might re-register to stir the pot a bit!!
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

tate wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Shelbyville very quiet on that front so far, might re-register to stir the pot a bit!!
The curious phenomenon of how it is possible for a player to enhance his reputation when he doesn't play. I thought Jamie was badly missed today for the unflashy work that he usually gets through.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
AidanSloan
Knowledgeable

Post by AidanSloan »

I rememberhow low I felt leaving the stadium in Lens after Argentina beat us in the world cup. I never thought Ireland could have a worse experience than that. Sadly I think was wrong.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

How often has Ireland been nilled in the last 30 years?

Obviously, I'm just ignoring the 60
AKA Peter O'Sullivan