Anyone planning to go to RWC 2011?

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Anyone planning to go to RWC 2011?

Post by aisling7 »

Got my tickets for Ireland v Australia this morning.

This entire ticketing system has been a nightmare in comparison to 2007.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

KO times announced.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/destinatio ... +announced

To summerise. . .

Sunday 11 Sept - Ireland vs USA @ 7am
Saturday 17 Sept - Ireland vs Australia @ 9.30am
Sunday 25 Sept - Ireland vs Russia @ 6am
Sunday 2 Oct - Ireland vs Italy @ 8.30

(All those time are Irish).
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Setanta Ireland plans January HD channel launch

SPORTS BROADCASTER Setanta Ireland plans to be the first Irish channel to broadcast in high definition (HD) when it launches a service next January.

The HD channel will initially be available to customers on UPC’s cable television platform with a service for satellite subscribers to be launched later.

Setanta will be hoping to lure subscribers by being the only Irish broadcaster to have all 48 games at the 2011 Rugby World Cup in high definition. The cable and satellite broadcaster has also sold the terrestrial rights to the World Cup games to State broadcaster RTÉ, which outbid TV3 for the rights. TV3 had the terrestrial rights for the 2007 Rugby World Cup in France.

Setanta will also provide HD coverage of the Premier League, the FA Cup, the Champions League and the Europa League.

In addition to international sports, Setanta will broadcast domestic action in HD for the first time. This will include the 2011 Allianz National League GAA football and hurling as well as domestic soccer, including the Setanta Sports Cup.

Setanta Ireland chairman Dermod Dwyer told The Irish Times recently it expected to post a €500,000-plus profit this year, which he expected to double next year. Setanta employs 120 staff in Dublin. It was rescued last year when its British arm went bust following the loss of rights to show Scottish and English football. MLM Management, an Irish holding company, secured its business in Ireland, Australia and North America.

MLM has 250,000 premium subscribers in Ireland, Canada and Australia and owns 40 per cent of Setanta Ireland. Its other shareholder is concert promoter Denis Desmond.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/fin ... 92826.html
RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

Post by RavenhillRaider »

Dont really care who broadcasts it, cos i'll be there!:)
BOD is GOD!
dipper
Knowledgeable

Post by dipper »

I'll be there too! Can't feckin wait!
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

Evening all,

Now before you all point out the fact that I've had ages to do this and there was loads of warnings etc etc :oops:

I booked flights, accom and internal transfers for the RWC today. Can't wait, France was a great trip, results aside.

Only thing missing is tickets. I'm not massively worried given theres a year to go but is there a waiting list or anything? What are people's views on late releases (doubtful based on what I'm reading) etc?
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

blaker wrote:Evening all,

Now before you all point out the fact that I've had ages to do this and there was loads of warnings etc etc :oops:

I booked flights, accom and internal transfers for the RWC today. Can't wait, France was a great trip, results aside.

Only thing missing is tickets. I'm not massively worried given theres a year to go but is there a waiting list or anything? What are people's views on late releases (doubtful based on what I'm reading) etc?
Ha Ha, theres always one! You cant get pool packs anymore, you'll have to buy any tickets individually, so might be a bit more expensive.
Sure click on the link below and apply :http://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/ you have afew day left.

Good Luck.

By the way who'd you book your flights with? Been looking at gettting a round the world ticket for next year?
BOD is GOD!
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

Good man Ravenhill, threw the hat in the ring. Nothing ventured
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

interested in where you got your flights too.

normally you need to wait till 350 days before your return date to book.
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

Sorry lads;

Re the flights, I work for a French bank with regular int' travel and used the regular booking facility to sort them. I'll find out tomorrow what carrier and let yis know
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

Was trying to use the company system myself, cause were in aerospace usually get discounts. But the company werent letting me, since im taking the guts of 2 months off. Tried looking at sta,usit and rtw but since im 26 in a few weeks i dont get the cheap flights either :x . I'll find something though. :wink:
BOD is GOD!
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

Qantas ex Heathrow on the 9th of September.
Return leg not booked yet officially booked yet but you can put a flag on it if buying the outward leg and "provisionally" book the return flight at the same time.
I have no idea if this is the preserve of travel agencies/booking companies or if its available to the regular public
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable

Post by Rogocoko »

Anybody finding cheap accomodation difficult to come by?
Munster. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

blaker wrote:Qantas ex Heathrow on the 9th of September.
Return leg not booked yet officially booked yet but you can put a flag on it if buying the outward leg and "provisionally" book the return flight at the same time.
I have no idea if this is the preserve of travel agencies/booking companies or if its available to the regular public

You'd have to be using a travel agent to do that, airline websites (if booking directly) won't normally give you the option.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Rogocoko wrote:Anybody finding cheap accomodation difficult to come by?
:lol: (sorry)
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable

Post by Rogocoko »

sheepshagger wrote:
I don't get it! (Sorry)
RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

Rogocoko wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
I don't get it! (Sorry)
I think what sheepshagger was trying to say is that there is no such thing as cheap accomodation in new zealand, because of the lack of places to stay. We went down the campervan route, which was much more affordable.
BOD is GOD!
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable

Post by Rogocoko »

RavenhillRaider wrote: I think what sheepshagger was trying to say is that there is no such thing as cheap accomodation in new zealand, because of the lack of places to stay. We went down the campervan route, which was much more affordable.
Ahh, i see... havent been there before....

There seems to be plenty of accomodation... but they're just charging outrageous prices for the RWC. Like a kip thats usually $50 a night charging $200/250 a night for Sept and Oct.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

RavenhillRaider wrote:
I think what sheepshagger was trying to say is that there is no such thing as cheap accomodation in new zealand, because of the lack of places to stay. We went down the campervan route, which was much more affordable.
0h there is cheap accomodation alright, just not during anything like the RWC (or Lions tour) the latter based on personal experience in 2005.