Moderator: moderators

deco
Rhys Ruddock

Jonathon Sexton take a bow

Post by deco »

16 points on international debut.
All round performance.
MOM award.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Mackman15
Mullet

Re: Jonathon Sexton take a bow

Post by Mackman15 »

+1

"Produces" ice cubes
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Mags
Learner

Post by Mags »

So proud of Johnny and all the Leinster lads tonight
AJB
Knowledgeable

Post by AJB »

Tonight I saw the future Ireland Number 10 and the future is very bright !

Sexto - you the Man :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
As BOD himself once said, the lucky players always seem to be the ones that train the hardest
cully86
Bookworm

Post by cully86 »

" but Jonny Sexton cant kick" :lol:

Well done to him. First cap of many
"Nobody smashes me" - Ollie 'The Elephant' Le Roux
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I don't expect him to get picked next week, but he could hardly have done more.
Terraceman
Graduate

Post by Terraceman »

Did everything that was asked of him as he has done since the start of the season. Fully deserves to start next week bgut don't think he will. Here's hoping anyway.
Ah it's alright mate I've being looking to change that wing mirror- Rocky Elsom 19/05/2009
Inquitus
Beginner

Post by Inquitus »

Jaysus lads, if he couldn't play a good outhalves game against those numpties he doesnt even deserve a cap. He played well and did himself proud, but even Andy Foode could have looked world class with that sort of ball......he may well be the future, but to read too much into that shite tonight is laughable at best.
Terraceman
Graduate

Post by Terraceman »

Inquitus wrote:Jaysus lads, if he couldn't play a good outhalves game against those numpties he doesnt even deserve a cap. He played well and did himself proud, but even Andy Foode could have looked world class with that sort of ball......he may well be the future, but to read too much into that shite tonight is laughable at best.

No one said it was the out half performance of the year (That was in one of his performances against Munster :wink:). He just did what was asked of him, stepped up to the mark even if it was against inferior opposition. And they were tough conditions to run a game in.
Ah it's alright mate I've being looking to change that wing mirror- Rocky Elsom 19/05/2009
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Inquitus wrote:Jaysus lads, if he couldn't play a good outhalves game against those numpties he doesnt even deserve a cap. He played well and did himself proud, but even Andy Foode could have looked world class with that sort of ball......he may well be the future, but to read too much into that shite tonight is laughable at best.
:lol:
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

He really was excellent. He's just getting better and better.
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

didnt see the game,, but from having read a few posts, winners- Sexton, Earls, Court, losers- Hayes, Cullen, Reddan??
Big match from Munster.Don't really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.What a beautiful machine with that ruthless side to them.
Comer Toes
Graduate

Post by Comer Toes »

downsouthdukin wrote:didnt see the game,, but from having read a few posts, winners- Sexton, Earls, Court, losers- Hayes, Cullen, Reddan??
Close enough. Fla was good, Horgan and Kearney decent and all lads off the bench did well (Buckley gave a lesson in off-loading!). Sexton was ridiculously good and even prompted me to have a look at our odds for next world cup. The improvement in his place kicking is so marked that it's almost suspicious! I actually think that Kidney will give him the nod. Earls cemented his place for next weekend, nice soccer skills as well!

Reddan was the only one to have a bit of a shocker (which is further indication of how well Sexton played). Cullen was decent enough, Hayes and maybe D'arcy not hitting top form yet. Shocking pass from D'Arcy to horgan butchered a try in the first half
Felipe-fan09
Bookworm

Post by Felipe-fan09 »

Comer Toes wrote: nice soccer skills as well!

Is this referring to him catching the ball or running with it in one hand or something else??
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

J-Sex couldn't have done any more. He ticked all the boxes. Superb debut.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Deserves to start next Saturday without a shadow of a doubt. One of the form outhalves in world rugby right now.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Brilliant performance. 100% kicking rate for Ireland.

Hook and Pope both said he should start next week. With RO'G on the bench they can bring him in if things aren't working for The Sex but if we start RO'G we learn nothing. Unfortunately I don't think it will happen.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Broken Wing wrote:Brilliant performance. 100% kicking rate for Ireland.

Hook and Pope both said he should start next week. With RO'G on the bench they can bring him in if things aren't working for The Sex but if we start RO'G we learn nothing. Unfortunately I don't think it will happen.
It won't. Kidney said in his post match interview "Ronan's still the number one". So that's that. He remembered to pretend that form was an issue later on when he said that they'd see who turned up for training on Monday and kick on from there.
But it isn't.
Sexton was superb last night and showed a set of skills that O'Gara simply never posessed let alone exhibits now. Court was, I thought, the other big winner last night, and Buckley. Losers were Darcy (one high profile mistake to butcher a try will be remembered: the two tries he layed on with excellent passing won't), Hayes, O'Callaghan (only on for a short time but did nothing but concede penalties) and O'Brien (as often pointed out he hasn't the hands for this level).
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

fourthirtythree wrote:Losers were Darcy (one high profile mistake to butcher a try will be remembered: the two tries he layed on with excellent passing won't)
I actually thought that Horgan had overrun him there but he did hold onto the ball that second too long.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Avenger wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Losers were Darcy (one high profile mistake to butcher a try will be remembered: the two tries he layed on with excellent passing won't)
I actually thought that Horgan had overrun him there but he did hold onto the ball that second too long.
He tried to pass without looking when it was completely unnecessary to do so. They were queuing up to finish it outside him. Could have been one of the great Irish tries if they'd executed it with a bit of style.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent