Newcastle - Heineken Cup Final & Accomodation

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.
Darren Beck

Newcastle - Heineken Cup Final & Accomodation

Post by Darren Beck »

Hi Guys,

Hopefully most of you are now sorted for next Saturday's Heineken Cup Final. For those who are not, there is still very limited hospitality available. If anyone is keen to find out what is left, drop me a message on darren.beck@newcastle-falcons.co.uk and I'll get you the details.

For those who are struggling for accommodation (we're getting quite a few messages from Leinster fans), it seems most hotels in the city centre have now dried up. I'd recommend having a look in the following areas for some reasonably priced hotels/B&B's;

- Jesmond (student area just outside town, plenty of nice hotels and bars around here).
- Whitley Bay/Tynemouth - lovely area out by the coast. Great transport links via Metro and buses to city centre.
- Hexham/Durham - still some well priced hotels out in these areas, easily accessible to Newcastle City Centre via train to Central Station.
- Gateshead - short walk over the bridge.

Any other questions regarding Newcastle just give me a shout. Best of luck in the final!
tingman
Graduate

Re: Newcastle - Heineken Cup Final & Accomodation

Post by tingman »

Darren Beck wrote:Hi Guys,

Hopefully most of you are now sorted for next Saturday's Heineken Cup Final. For those who are not, there is still very limited hospitality available. If anyone is keen to find out what is left, drop me a message on darren.beck@newcastle-falcons.co.uk and I'll get you the details.

For those who are struggling for accommodation (we're getting quite a few messages from Leinster fans), it seems most hotels in the city centre have now dried up. I'd recommend having a look in the following areas for some reasonably priced hotels/B&B's;

- Jesmond (student area just outside town, plenty of nice hotels and bars around here).
- Whitley Bay/Tynemouth - lovely area out by the coast. Great transport links via Metro and buses to city centre.
- Hexham/Durham - still some well priced hotels out in these areas, easily accessible to Newcastle City Centre via train to Central Station.
- Gateshead - short walk over the bridge.

Any other questions regarding Newcastle just give me a shout. Best of luck in the final!
Thanks for taking the time Darren - looking forward to making the trip to Newcastle for the first time.....would that be the Whitley Bay made famous by Mr Knopfler!