fan zone and city centre

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.
GRHAME52
Beginner

fan zone and city centre

Post by GRHAME52 »

Fan zone looks really good decent stage, some decent music, no traffic on Grey's monument area and blackett street,a place called the stack on blackett street has events and decent food places,70s disco on one night. I'm a toon lad and off to the rugby Friday and Saturday the one place I'd recommend for food is the Grainger market, 3 tescos and 2 Sainsbury in the centre, the world famous Irish club is on the way to the ground. To all history buffs the last time over 20000 Irish folk came to Newcastle was during the industrial ages in the 1830s, so look at the old buildings and quay side area you're history may be part of newcastle enjoy!!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Re: fan zone and city centre

Post by neiliog93 »

GRHAME52 wrote:Fan zone looks really good decent stage, some decent music, no traffic on Grey's monument area and blackett street,a place called the stack on blackett street has events and decent food places,70s disco on one night. I'm a toon lad and off to the rugby Friday and Saturday the one place I'd recommend for food is the Grainger market, 3 tescos and 2 Sainsbury in the centre, the world famous Irish club is on the way to the ground. To all history buffs the last time over 20000 Irish folk came to Newcastle was during the industrial ages in the 1830s, so look at the old buildings and quay side area you're history may be part of newcastle enjoy!!
Thanks for the tips. Currently on the train from Edinburgh and getting excited! I've heard Irish migration played a role in putting the twang in some of the accents of northern English cities.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: fan zone and city centre

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Really excellent Fan Zone and I'd love to see Leinster try to provide some of those facilities within the RDS for a big match weekend. The potential to extend the "game window" and associated consumption of food and beer must be a worthwhile objective for our own and visiting Teams.

Well done Newcastle.