In touch

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

Odwa Ndungane, was he in touch?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 47

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

In touch

Post by sarah_lennon »

An interesting facebook thread has prompted me to ask;

(No AF option!!)
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: In touch

Post by ronk »

I've seen similar instances before. It was very close but really a simple call. A lot of people in the bar were unsure but I was convinced from pretty much the first replay. Live, I thought it was a try though.

I could understand the Sky Sports confusion because they were similarly flustered by Catt in the World Cup Final. His foot lands in the field of play but slides so his toe hits the edge of the chalk.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Try for me!

In fact I'd be willing to give them this try in exchange for Fourie's try in the second test to be ruled out.

Fair? :wink:
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

So, no clearer then!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
dipper
Knowledgeable

Post by dipper »

ronk wrote:I've seen similar instances before. It was very close but really a simple call. A lot of people in the bar were unsure but I was convinced from pretty much the first replay. Live, I thought it was a try though.

I could understand the Sky Sports confusion because they were similarly flustered by Catt in the World Cup Final. His foot lands in the field of play but slides so his toe hits the edge of the chalk.
It was Cueto rather than Catt in the World Cup Final was it not? I agree that both decisions were correct.
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

I didn't think it was in touch.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

dipper wrote:
ronk wrote:I've seen similar instances before. It was very close but really a simple call. A lot of people in the bar were unsure but I was convinced from pretty much the first replay. Live, I thought it was a try though.

It was Cueto rather than Catt in the World Cup Final was it not? I agree that both decisions were correct.
It was. It was the sight of Catt's reaction that played a trick on my memory.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

he's an astounding player for sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcfWCXg4rz4