Lions Tour Going to Be A whitewash.....

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

Munsterboy
Mullet

Re: Lions Tour Going to Be A whitewash.....

Post by Munsterboy »

The results may be going as predicted but the rest of your original post has turned out to be complete shite. :lol:

The team played as a unit, fronted up physically and probably should have won that game. The series may be lost but this has turned out to be far from sham tour. The commitment to the cause from every man has been huge and whatever the result of the game on Saturday, they can all come home with heads held high.
We're all red on the inside.
Dublinner
Bookworm

Post by Dublinner »

Munsterboy wrote:The results may be going as predicted but the rest of your original post has turned out to be complete shite. :lol:

The team played as a unit, fronted up physically and probably should have won that game. The series may be lost but this has turned out to be far from sham tour. The commitment to the cause from every man has been huge and whatever the result of the game on Saturday, they can all come home with heads held high.
Agreed. This tool predicted the Boks would win the first test by 40 points. Hasnt a clue as far as I can see. The Lions may get done in the final test but we have seen two epic games so far. For a bunch of guys who came together 8 weeks ago or whatever it was I think they have done really well. With a little luck in each game we could be celebrating one of the greatest series wins ever. Unfortunatley it wasnt to be.
I cant understand why any Irish rugby fan would take such a sneering delight in the loss of a team with 7 Irish men playing against the World champions with the whole rugby world watching them.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Dublinner wrote:
Munsterboy wrote:The results may be going as predicted but the rest of your original post has turned out to be complete shite. :lol:

Agreed. This tool predicted the Boks would win the first test by 40 points. Hasnt a clue as far as I can see. The Lions may get done in the final test but we have seen two epic games so far. For a bunch of guys who came together 8 weeks ago or whatever it was I think they have done really well. With a little luck in each game we could be celebrating one of the greatest series wins ever. Unfortunatley it wasnt to be.
I cant understand why any Irish rugby fan would take such a sneering delight in the loss of a team with 7 Irish men playing against the World champions with the whole rugby world watching them.
Agreed 100%. The committment has been fantastic to watch and I was devastated for the players last Saturday. They could hardly have done more.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Exley
Bookworm

Post by Exley »

I have really enjoyed the whole tour.

Granted the warm up games would have been much better served with full strength teams in opposition and the stands full, but it's been great to have rugby on at the weekend and midweek.

It's such a shame we didn't even get the draw on Saturday, the build up to this game would have been massive, but no is obviously muted.

I can't believe some people calling for an end to Lions tours after the 2 games we have watched as well. If you haven't loved the last couple of weeks, I don't even know how you could be a rugby fan.