Amlin lottery results ?.

Moderator: moderators

Lar
Mullet

Re: Amlin lottery results ?.

Post by Lar »

Got one from four in the lottery. Fortunately for me I got 2 elsewhere at the weekend so the one lottery ticket is available to anyone interested. Block A or E in Anglesea according to the email. €20 face value. Email doesn't mention booking charges. PM if interested.

Edit: now promised to first reply via pm, so good luck to those still looking but this one no longer available.
Last edited by Lar on May 8th, 2013, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Four Stars
Fitzybobs
Bookworm

Post by Fitzybobs »

Lar wrote:Got one from four in the lottery. Fortunately for me I got 2 elsewhere at the weekend so the one lottery ticket is available to anyone interested. Block A or E in Anglesea according to the email. €20 face value. Email doesn't mention booking charges. PM if interested.
PM sent
marcosid3
Beginner

Post by marcosid3 »

0 out of 4 :-(
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Still haven't gotten an email :roll:
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Me needur. :(
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

TerraceRegular wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:The ticket allocation issue is getting ridiculous - I didn't get tickets for the Heineken Cup final last year, none through the lottery and the Pro-12 final isn't a guarantee either. You support your team all year round and buy a season ticket only to be shut out or forced to beg borrow and steal to get to finals. Think the clubs and the supporters representatives from the clubs across Europe need to do something about it because the commercial priority has got WAY more important than the fans who follow the clubs.
I don't think it is as bad as that. Leinster are very good at showing support for Season ticket holders IMO. The final just happens to be in Dublin. Anywhere else and the issue wouldn't arise. Like last season, 2 Irish teams made it difficult.

The tickets go on general sale earlier in the year in the hope of no empty seats. By the look of this site alone there will be plenty of empty seats in the Aviva for the HCup final.....If the Amlin was between Stade and Biarritz you would also see plenty of empty seats.

I have been a season ticket holder for a number of years and it looks like this is the first time I won't get a ticket through official channels. Disapointing but not bad if you ask me.
Well I didn't get tickets in the last two Heineken cup finals and only 7.500 out of 12k season ticket holders got tickets in an 82k stadium last year. This year 80% of season ticket holders won't get to see us in the final and many will likely not get tickets for the Rabo final if ulster qualify. I get the economics but it feels like the people who watch the game week in week out on cold nights vs the dragons shouldn't be shut out when the team makes the final.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
katiefly
Bookworm

Post by katiefly »

Flash Gordon wrote:
TerraceRegular wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:The ticket allocation issue is getting ridiculous - I didn't get tickets for the Heineken Cup final last year, none through the lottery and the Pro-12 final isn't a guarantee either. You support your team all year round and buy a season ticket only to be shut out or forced to beg borrow and steal to get to finals. Think the clubs and the supporters representatives from the clubs across Europe need to do something about it because the commercial priority has got WAY more important than the fans who follow the clubs.
I don't think it is as bad as that. Leinster are very good at showing support for Season ticket holders IMO. The final just happens to be in Dublin. Anywhere else and the issue wouldn't arise. Like last season, 2 Irish teams made it difficult.

The tickets go on general sale earlier in the year in the hope of no empty seats. By the look of this site alone there will be plenty of empty seats in the Aviva for the HCup final.....If the Amlin was between Stade and Biarritz you would also see plenty of empty seats.

I have been a season ticket holder for a number of years and it looks like this is the first time I won't get a ticket through official channels. Disapointing but not bad if you ask me.
Well I didn't get tickets in the last two Heineken cup finals and only 7.500 out of 12k season ticket holders got tickets in an 82k stadium last year. This year 80% of season ticket holders won't get to see us in the final and many will likely not get tickets for the Rabo final if ulster qualify. I get the economics but it feels like the people who watch the game week in week out on cold nights vs the dragons shouldn't be shut out when the team makes the final.
I have to agree. Had to get HK final tickets elsewhere. From 5 season tickets not one yes. I was going to head to the area to support locally. Decided against it and having a party at home. Feel a little cheated yet again in a lottery. Ho hum. Heres hoping everyone who got the few tickets LR were given are at the match on Saturday to cheer them on.
There isn't winning or losing in rugby - only surviving.

"The pub is as much a part of rugby as is the playing field"
crisco10
Graduate

Post by crisco10 »

0 from 3 here.

Have to say lotteries have been fair to me over the years. Got one for final in 09, 2 in '11, 0 in '12...

Wonder how any returns from Stade will be sold? I assume via Ticketmaster.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Flash Gordon wrote:
I fear for the Rabo final ticketing too, assuming we get there - I think its pretty nailed on for Ulster to be there so that kills any chances of returns leaving nothing like enough tickets to satisfy demand.

But I dont know what the answer is to the problem......we go home and away week in week out (or try to), traveling from the UK, as do others, so you think that there should be some consideration given, priority given, to those who attend more regularly, home and away. Of course I would back that as the 'away' matches are actually easier (well the welsh ones) for us to do anyhow.....but, going more often for many is a luxury that work does not always allow - it does not make us 'better' fans, so maybe the lottery is the only way (as long as I get a bloody ticket!!)

We were lucky with the Amlin, we bought last year with the double pack HC tickets, just because it was a Dublin final....but I kind of feel responsible for us not making it to the HC because we bought in advance!!! - we did the same in 2010, and look what happened - every other year we've taken our chances, so it must be my fault!

I did wonder if Lansdowne might be an option IF its Ulster v Leinster - you could certainly see it pretty full given the attendances for both the RDS and Ravenhill.....
TerraceRegular
Beginner

Post by TerraceRegular »

Flash Gordon wrote:
TerraceRegular wrote:

I'm sure I would have the same opinion if I wasn't so lucky over the years. I do agree though when you have an 82k stadium and no more than 22k season ticket holders for both clubs, every season ticke holder should get one.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

All finals are under the control of the body rather than the club (who are normally in control)

So ERC/Celtic Rugby decide who gets tickets and not Leinster rugby.

The HC is a particular case as tickets are released in "tranches" (Hate that word intensely) during the year and many fans from clubs all over Europe buy them, intending on travelling whether their team does or not.
I would have gone even if it was Toloun v Saracens, as a HC final in walking distance from my house is such a rare thing.

Not sure how many were held back for the final 2 clubs this year, but with 2 French clubs in Dublin they will likely not sell out. (look at 10 years ago)

The opposite was true last year with 2 Irish teams in London.

There can never be an allowance made (by the clubs) for people who show up at league/pool games because they (the clubs) do not control the ticket sales.
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

johng wrote: Not sure how many were held back for the final 2 clubs this year, but with 2 French clubs in Dublin they will likely not sell out. (look at 10 years ago)
I believe there were 7,500 for each team last year, just over 6,000 this year.

1,200 each for the Amlin. I think.

The information was on the ERC site a while ago, but I can't find it now.
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Flash Gordon wrote:
TerraceRegular wrote:

The obvious way to go is to try and set up a system that rewards the season ticket holders who actually turn up for home matches when it comes to lotteries like this. Should be possible as Dublin GAA did something similar for their All-Ireland final appearance in 2011 with their season-ticket holders. Had to have attended 60% of all league and championship games (home and away up to and including the semi-final) to get a ticket.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Bogger
Knowledgeable

Post by Bogger »

got one €20 ticket....Angelsea stand behind a pillar no doubt but I'll take it
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

0 from 6 myself. Using this thread as a sample, it seems like the percentage award of tickets was far less than the 8-1 outstrip of demand to supply quoted. If I was giving to cynicism I'd be wondering how many of our allocation were actually put into the drum for this fan lottery .... As I;m not, I;ll just be happy that I bought 6 golden tickets a year ago so have nice seats for both finals and a trip to the zoo thrown in for good measure
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

o from 2 myself. Was trying to get them for a father & son living in London. Thankfully, bought my own last year from TM.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

1 from 8. I was just applying for the guy who has 4 of the 8 STs on my account. Like John I got the 4 golden tix last may.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Lamb of BOD wrote:0 from 6 myself. Using this thread as a sample, it seems like the percentage award of tickets was far less than the 8-1 outstrip of demand to supply quoted. If I was giving to cynicism I'd be wondering how many of our allocation were actually put into the drum for this fan lottery .... As I;m not, I;ll just be happy that I bought 6 golden tickets a year ago so have nice seats for both finals and a trip to the zoo thrown in for good measure
The 8:1 ratio was the ratio of pplications from ST holders to the amount of available tickets so it is accurate. What is not accurate is to assume that the posters on here in any way represent the 13,000 ST holders. Tiny proportion of the total.

As to the point mentioned above about the fairness of it all - LR could easily track who has bought extra tickets, away tickets or any other metric you care for. At the end of the day they are only in control of 1,200 tickets for this - no matter what method they use there will be nearly 12,000 ST holders left out.

As is the case for all European finals, it is a complete lottery waiting for the team to make the final and hoping to get a ticket through the club allocation. There were tickets still available up to the Q Final - so didn't even have to buy last year. There was a risk Leinster wouldn't have made it - but you would get to see a decent evening of rugby in the RDS on a Friday night - or you don't buy early and you enter the lottery - you take you choice.

And for those saying they couldn't get tickets for previous finals - not true. I was able to bring a group of 10 to Cardiff - all sitting together near the halfway - tickets bought on public sale after the semi's. In fact I has 2 tickets I couldn't get rid of on here. I also had spares for Edinburgh final and the Amlin semi. I undersatnd there were lots of spares going in Twickenham last year as well. More often than not you can't give away tickets to most of the games.

I think it will actually be worse for the Rabo final if we get there - no chance to buy early and we will have 13,000 ST holders going for maybe 7.5k or 8k tickets. So there will be a lot of people not even given the chance to get in early and get a ticket.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

1 from 4 on our account, kids one though. I'm the lucky one pops is going to give it too (aged 25!) as I woke up last Friday with bells palsey so f%~k it, I deserve it!!

ALLEZ les blues
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

The Doc wrote:
Lamb of BOD wrote:0 from 6 myself. Using this thread as a sample, it seems like the percentage award of tickets was far less than the 8-1 outstrip of demand to supply quoted. If I was giving to cynicism I'd be wondering how many of our allocation were actually put into the drum for this fan lottery .... As I;m not, I;ll just be happy that I bought 6 golden tickets a year ago so have nice seats for both finals and a trip to the zoo thrown in for good measure
The 8:1 ratio was the ratio of pplications from ST holders to the amount of available tickets so it is accurate. What is not accurate is to assume that the posters on here in any way represent the 13,000 ST holders. Tiny proportion of the total.

As to the point mentioned above about the fairness of it all - LR could easily track who has bought extra tickets, away tickets or any other metric you care for. At the end of the day they are only in control of 1,200 tickets for this - no matter what method they use there will be nearly 12,000 ST holders left out.

As is the case for all European finals, it is a complete lottery waiting for the team to make the final and hoping to get a ticket through the club allocation. There were tickets still available up to the Q Final - so didn't even have to buy last year. There was a risk Leinster wouldn't have made it - but you would get to see a decent evening of rugby in the RDS on a Friday night - or you don't buy early and you enter the lottery - you take you choice.

And for those saying they couldn't get tickets for previous finals - not true. I was able to bring a group of 10 to Cardiff - all sitting together near the halfway - tickets bought on public sale after the semi's. In fact I has 2 tickets I couldn't get rid of on here. I also had spares for Edinburgh final and the Amlin semi. I undersatnd there were lots of spares going in Twickenham last year as well. More often than not you can't give away tickets to most of the games.

I think it will actually be worse for the Rabo final if we get there - no chance to buy early and we will have 13,000 ST holders going for maybe 7.5k or 8k tickets. So there will be a lot of people not even given the chance to get in early and get a ticket.
Absolutely got some Amlin tickets on the golden ticket offer, then some when we were knocked out and the last few on the 8th of April on the off chance. It was a risk but the people that were taking them knew that. Obviously more worried about the Rabo final when there is no chance to buy before hand.
Flying wedge