Personal Abuse

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Personal Abuse

Post by limecat »

For reference, I have a job and don't have the time to spend babysitting the forum. If you see an abusive post, please send me a PM and I'll deal with it as I see fit, although as a general rule, I will ask that the person retract their comment.

Please DO NOT respond in kind, it just causes a downward spiral into the kind of cr@p that has been seen on other forums.

ah well, I guess it was too good to last :cry:
Last edited by limecat on April 11th, 2006, 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Re: Personal Abuse

Post by epaddy »

limecat wrote:For reference, I have a job and don't have the time to spend babysitting the forum. If you see an abusive post, please send me a PM and I'll deal with it as I see fit, although as a general rule, I will ask that the person retract their comment.

Please DO NOT respond in kind, it just causes a downward spiral into the kind of cr@p that has been seen on other forums.

ah well, I guess it was too good to last :cry:
To be honest a good sh!t fight from time to time is great crack and people with differing opinions can often get heated and some what personal. What is unacceptable though is someone coming on for the sole purpose of abusing another poster. Constant moderation and censorship will only ruin this potentialy brilliant site
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Ballyman
Knowledgeable

Post by Ballyman »

I agree.

On a sidenote, I didn't come on here to dish out personal abuse. I didn't agree with something someone posted and made this known. Admittedly I got carried away. Something touched a nerve. I now know what it was and I have taken precautions to prevent this from happening again.

As I said. I'm having a bad day.
It happened and I was there.
4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
Imperial Mongoonybus
Knowledgeable

Post by Imperial Mongoonybus »

epaddy wrote: To be honest a good sh!t fight from time to time is great crack
Couldn't agree with that view. I've seem some of ther horrible bile flung around
on the likes of Planet Rugby, and but for the pseudo annonymity of web forums
there would probably have been legal action taken after some of the worst of it.

I hope it doesn't decend to that level on this site.
Drico
Knowledgeable

Post by Drico »

I agree with the moongoose.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

So do I.

We're all on the same side here at the end of the day!
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Imperial Mongoonybus wrote:
epaddy wrote: To be honest a good sh!t fight from time to time is great crack
Couldn't agree with that view. I've seem some of ther horrible bile flung around
on the likes of Planet Rugby, and but for the pseudo annonymity of web forums
there would probably have been legal action taken after some of the worst of it.

I hope it doesn't decend to that level on this site.
I think somebody actually was taking legal action there a couple of weeks ago....it can get very very abusive there......
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

The main reason I set this up in the first place was to provide leinster fans with a real-time forum, one that wasn't censored.

There's always going to be a bit of "personal" abuse, stuff said in the heat of the moment, but I do hope that people will be able to put their hands up afterwards and say that they went overboard, as has been the case here.

I do think (hope?) that everybody that uses this forum, does so to chat about rugby primarily. I've no intention of censoring anything (except for words like f%~k? w&%ker, etc.) and that's only so that the forum is "safe" to be read by the younger amonst us, what I will do is ask people to reflect on what they have written and hopefully be big enough to take back anything that "on mature reflection" they realise is OTT.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

limecat wrote:The main reason I set this up in the first place was to provide leinster fans with a real-time forum, one that wasn't censored.

There's always going to be a bit of "personal" abuse, stuff said in the heat of the moment, but I do hope that people will be able to put their hands up afterwards and say that they went overboard, as has been the case here.

I do think (hope?) that everybody that uses this forum, does so to chat about rugby primarily. I've no intention of censoring anything (except for words like f%~k, w&%ker, etc.) and that's only so that the forum is "safe" to be read by the younger amonst us, what I will do is ask people to reflect on what they have written and hopefully be big enough to take back anything that "on mature reflection" they realise is OTT.
Well said. And your efforts are MASSIVELY appreciated by everyone except our employers!
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

limecat wrote:The main reason I set this up in the first place was to provide leinster fans with a real-time forum, one that wasn't censored.

I do think (hope?) that everybody that uses this forum, does so to chat about rugby primarily. I've no intention of censoring anything (except for words like f%~k, w&%ker, etc.) and that's only so that the forum is "safe" to be read by the younger amonst us, what I will do is ask people to reflect on what they have written and hopefully be big enough to take back anything that "on mature reflection" they realise is OTT.
Agreed, well done and sorry for being bold earlier!!! :)
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

bluesky wrote:

You bold? Never! :wink:

Well done to you, Limecat, on a great initiative, and on a deadly avatar too.
And here's hoping it brings plenty of (non-offensive) sparring and rugby debate! As Flash says, our employers are the losers...

CK :lol:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:
bluesky wrote:

You bold? Never! :wink:

Well done to you, Limecat, on a great initiative, and on a deadly avatar too.
And here's hoping it brings plenty of (non-offensive) sparring and rugby debate! As Flash says, our employers are the losers...

CK :lol:
She's grand, this is a Turnipstani scrum half free zone..... :wink:
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

I'm a dirty mouthed b$&%@#d but I'll try to clean it up.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Duff Paddy wrote:I'm a dirty mouthed b$&%@#d but I'll try to clean it up.
i think i may keep an eye on your posts and use them as a yardstick when deciding what words to censor :wink:
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Can we just clarify for the uninitiated that "Fock" is a Ross O'Carroll-Kellyism and is actually a very posh word. It's not a swear word.

8)
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

limecat wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:I'm a dirty mouthed b$&%@#d but I'll try to clean it up.
i think i may keep an eye on your posts and use them as a yardstick when deciding what words to censor :wink:
Can I just clarify if the word "fock" is counted as foul language?
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Ah beat me to it CKav!
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Beat you to it DP!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I know where you're coming from too.... :wink:
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Duff Paddy wrote:Can I just clarify if the word "fock" is counted as foul language?
only in D4, and I'm not in D4 at the moment, so you should be OK
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:Can we just clarify for the uninitiated that "Fock" is a Ross O'Carroll-Kellyism and is actually a very posh word. It's not a swear word.

8)
To fockin roysh!