Gary Brown Back For Leinster V Borders

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Only concern is I don't think Jonno is 1st choice kicker for Mary's??
Mmm, is he not? Does he not kick for the 21s? As far as I remember he's still a good kicker even if he's not first choice.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Why not put Phil at 12 and one of the others at 10. Leaves a security option.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM wrote:
with a play maker like Contepomi at 10
And what a playmaker! Duff, don't know if you've watched the game again (it's starting in 10 minutes if you haven't) or how it came across on TV but Contepomi was even more amazing than usual. The amount of beautiful pop passes, long passes, short passes, breaks he made was unbelievable. Don't know how Easterby got MOM ahead of him.
Cheers for the heads up Statto, I'll lash it on now cause Bath V Wasps isn't great. Johnny O'Connor just got sin binned for sheer stupidity. Compare what Gleeson did against these jokers last week - and he'd have been rested this week aswell. What is EOS thinking??? :(
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

epaddy wrote:Why not put Phil at 12 and one of the others at 10. Leaves a security option.
You might get away with that kind of messing in the CL, but you'll get hammered in the H Cup against the good teams. Opposition teams would laugh at us if we messed around with the Contepomi-BOD-D'arcy combo.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Duff Paddy wrote:
epaddy wrote:Why not put Phil at 12 and one of the others at 10. Leaves a security option.
You might get away with that kind of messing in the CL, but you'll get hammered in the H Cup against the good teams. Opposition teams would laugh at us if we messed around with the Contepomi-BOD-D'arcy combo.
Im talking about the CL while the internationals are away. its the time to bleed a youngster at 10.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

epaddy wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Im talking about the CL while the internationals are away. its the time to bleed a youngster at 10.
Well that is an option but I remember that Warner 10 - Contepomi 12 was uncomfortable viewing at times - I just like to have a 10 that can clear his lines!
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Exactly epaddy.

Lets face it, the return of CW is not going to provide any benefit to Leinster or reland. The last few games of the CL are valueless, last nights game was always going to be Cricket scores & Felipe became a Daddy yesterday. So, ets give one of the young guys a chance.
Right now excluding Humphreys (will he make the WC), Ireland have no OH cover, and no prospects who have cut their teeth. Manning should see out the season for Munster and Sexton / Hickey should do the same for Leinster.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Compare what Gleeson did against these jokers last week - and he'd have been rested this week aswell. What is EOS thinking???
Can't explain it DP. EOS may have misjudged how ready Gleeson was. I hope he got a wake up call with the Bath performance and that Gleeson will be back in for France
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

The last few games of the CL are valueless
What do you mean by this harryp?
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM wrote:
Compare what Gleeson did against these jokers last week - and he'd have been rested this week aswell. What is EOS thinking???
Can't explain it DP. EOS may have misjudged how ready Gleeson was. I hope he got a wake up call with the Bath performance and that Gleeson will be back in for France
A guy of EOS's experience should really have known better. He should have delayed announcing the squad until after H Cup round 6. Or at least been able to admit a mistake and make a late call up. I feel that he's selected his team a couple of months ago!
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM wrote:
The last few games of the CL are valueless
What do you mean by this harryp?
Yeah Harryp - speak for yourself! No wonder the league can't get a sponsor!
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

A guy of EOS's experience should really have known better. He should have delayed announcing the squad until after H Cup round 6. Or at least been able to admit a mistake and make a late call up. I feel that he's selected his team a couple of months ago!
Can't disagree with that. His selection for the rest of the 22 and even of Wallace is promising but he certainly looks like he's going with consistency in selection as opposed to form for the starting backrow. Disappointing.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

harryp wrote:Exactly epaddy.

Lets face it, the return of CW is not going to provide any benefit to Leinster or reland. The last few games of the CL are valueless, last nights game was always going to be Cricket scores & Felipe became a Daddy yesterday. So, ets give one of the young guys a chance.
Right now excluding Humphreys (will he make the WC), Ireland have no OH cover, and no prospects who have cut their teeth. Manning should see out the season for Munster and Sexton / Hickey should do the same for Leinster.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not what i was suggesting. Christ I would love a win in the CL this season, but while the internationals are AWAY it should be used to bleed youngsters
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Right now we're top of the Celtic League, Munster have a game in hand on the same points. We can win it, but I don't see winning it as that important. I'd pefer to see us finish in the top four, after giving Sexton, Adam Byrnes & Devin Toner some competitive gametime. I see its role as a breeding ground for talent, and a means of keeping the Celtic sides in competition.
We've qualified for next seasons HC anyway.

Just because Man U have decided that the Worthless Cup now counts as a Valuable Trophy doesn't mean we have to.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

harryp wrote:We can win it, but I don't see winning it as that important.
:cry:
Can Harryp please hand in his Leinster season ticket and leinsterfans.com login.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Sorry, harry, have to completely disagree. The CL is the Premiership. The HEC is the Champions League. Both are very important.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

harryp wrote:Right now we're top of the Celtic League, Munster have a game in hand on the same points. We can win it, but I don't see winning it as that important. I'd pefer to see us finish in the top four, after giving Sexton, Adam Byrnes & Devin Toner some competitive gametime. I see its role as a breeding ground for talent, and a means of keeping the Celtic sides in competition.
We've qualified for next seasons HC anyway.

Just because Man U have decided that the Worthless Cup now counts as a Valuable Trophy doesn't mean we have to.
But the Carling cup isnt Utd's bread and butter week in week out league. If Leinster are to continue being in the top bracket of European rugby we need a competitve league that generates lots of money for the big dogs(see GP and Top 14)
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Yeah that is the first time that I've ever heard a Leinster supporter saying that he didn't care about winning the Celtic League. That is just not cricket.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Can Harryp please hand in his Leinster season ticket and leinsterfans.com login.
Thats a bit harsh now Duff, whole point of a foruo air your views.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to win it, and will certainly be in Donnybrook for the last 3 games of the season, but we have little or no experienced cover for either 2nd row or OH. Do you want to see Girv the Swerve miss penalties in next seasons HC from the 22???
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

harryp wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Thats a bit harsh now Duff, whole point of a foruo air your views.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to win it, and will certainly be in Donnybrook for the last 3 games of the season, but we have little or no experienced cover for either 2nd row or OH. Do you want to see Girv the Swerve miss penalties in next seasons HC from the 22???
Ah Harryp! Come on now! I agree with the sentiment that the provinces are there to supply players for the national team. I think that 2 non-Irish qualified players should be the maximum allowed in each province - trouble is, most of the time that will mean foreign out halves and props - the two positions where Ireland simply isn't producing players of the required talent.