Molecast

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Molecast

Post by The Doc »

Really Hugo? Rubbing salt into the wounds with that closing tune !!!! :D
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Molecast

Post by Twist »

I put my foot through my phone & sent Hugo the bill
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Heartbreaking, banging tune though in fairness
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

I don't choose the music lads. I haven't actually listened back to it. What is it?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

hugonaut wrote: May 24th, 2023, 7:09 pm I don't choose the music lads. I haven't actually listened back to it. What is it?
Arguably ABBAs most poignant song Hugo
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

hugonaut wrote:I don't choose the music lads. I haven't actually listened back to it. What is it?
I don't wanna talk
About things we've gone through
Though it's hurting me
Now it's history

I've played all my cards
And that's what you've done too
Nothing more to say
No more ace to play

The winner takes it all
The loser's standing small
Beside the victory
That's her destiny

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Those lyrics certainly say it all for me this week.

It was also a good discussion with a precis of the minutiae that we screwed up to an overview of the "slow moments" where we didn't think clearly.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

To answer an unasked question Neinaber used to go on the pitch when he was defence coach at Munster
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

The Doc wrote:Really Hugo? Rubbing salt into the wounds with that closing tune !!!! :D
And again!!! Image

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Listened to it this morning. Fairly sticks the boot in alright 🤣
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Maybe it because Leinster really needs an anthem (or two). So many fans comment on it, it can't just be a tiny minority who feel this way.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Was at the game with a Rovers fan. He was super impressed with the noise, but shocked at lack of chants and songs. There was LEINSTER LEINSTER, and that was about it
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

As a Meath man you can get in the f%~king sea if you think I’m ever singing come on you boys in blue. I am open to other chants.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

paddyor wrote: June 4th, 2023, 9:50 pm As a Meath man you can get in the f%~king sea if you think I’m ever singing come on you boys in blue. I am open to other chants.
That's such a Meath thing to say. In Dublin you pay a fortune to live somewhere you can do that.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Listened to it last night. Cutting the Dragons would hugely complicate things when it comes to having a workable league format. They're needed to make up the numbers. Unless you cut Zebre too and return to the Pro14 two conferences format, maybe?
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

ronk wrote: June 4th, 2023, 9:57 pm
paddyor wrote: June 4th, 2023, 9:50 pm As a Meath man you can get in the f%~king sea if you think I’m ever singing come on you boys in blue. I am open to other chants.
That's such a Meath thing to say. In Dublin you pay a fortune to live somewhere you can do that.
My kids can’t understand why I don’t sing come on you boys in blue - like you paddy as Meath man I just can’t do it either and like Meath I would love to have another anthem other than our county or province name but at least when chanting Leinster it sounds good, shouting Me-ath was always hard on the ears!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

leinsterforever wrote: June 5th, 2023, 2:16 pm Listened to it last night. Cutting the Dragons would hugely complicate things when it comes to having a workable league format. They're needed to make up the numbers. Unless you cut Zebre too and return to the Pro14 two conferences format, maybe?
Cutting the Dragons would unbalance the schedule, but it's fixable.

The biggest effect would be the 6 derbies every year. We don't care about them coming to the RDS every other year, or going to Newport the year after. But 3 Welsh teams would mean a total of 6 Welsh derbies instead of 12.

Dragons won 4 games this season: Zebre, Munster (!) and 2 derbies. If they'd at least give up bonus point losses in the derbies there'd be a 10 point head start for the other Welsh clubs.

As an aside, the demise of the Shield as a HC qualifier means it could be switched into an inter-regions/pros. It made sense to kill it on the early days, but if the structure is staying them why not commission a few trophies.
leinsterforever
Mullet

ronk wrote: June 5th, 2023, 10:24 pm
leinsterforever wrote: June 5th, 2023, 2:16 pm Listened to it last night. Cutting the Dragons would hugely complicate things when it comes to having a workable league format. They're needed to make up the numbers. Unless you cut Zebre too and return to the Pro14 two conferences format, maybe?
Cutting the Dragons would unbalance the schedule, but it's fixable.

The biggest effect would be the 6 derbies every year. We don't care about them coming to the RDS every other year, or going to Newport the year after. But 3 Welsh teams would mean a total of 6 Welsh derbies instead of 12.

Dragons won 4 games this season: Zebre, Munster (!) and 2 derbies. If they'd at least give up bonus point losses in the derbies there'd be a 10 point head start for the other Welsh clubs.

As an aside, the demise of the Shield as a HC qualifier means it could be switched into an inter-regions/pros. It made sense to kill it on the early days, but if the structure is staying them why not commission a few trophies.
I'm not quite following.

Playing everyone home and away in a 15-team-league would mean a 28-game regular season. That's too many games.

Three 5-team conferences? Who gets put in with the South Africans? That team would have to travel more than the others.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

It wouldn't have to be pretty.

Losing a Welsh team (assuming we don't add a 5th SA side) would be 1 less game for 12 teams and 2 less for 3. So the 3 remaining Welsh sides could play 2 extra games each against one of the 12 non Welsh sides. And the other 6 teams could play 1 match against another of the 6 teams. Or they could do more derbies if they agree on it.

How do they decide the matches? Seeding, antiseeding, a draw, a conclave? Most fans won't care and they do it as quietly and unobtrusively as possible in the hope that as few people as possible notice. The NFL did something like it for years before they went to 32 teams.

Or now that the symmetry is broken, they do any number of games they want.
leinsterforever
Mullet

ronk wrote: June 5th, 2023, 11:39 pm It wouldn't have to be pretty.

Losing a Welsh team (assuming we don't add a 5th SA side) would be 1 less game for 12 teams and 2 less for 3. So the 3 remaining Welsh sides could play 2 extra games each against one of the 12 non Welsh sides. And the other 6 teams could play 1 match against another of the 6 teams. Or they could do more derbies if they agree on it.

How do they decide the matches? Seeding, antiseeding, a draw, a conclave? Most fans won't care and they do it as quietly and unobtrusively as possible in the hope that as few people as possible notice. The NFL did something like it for years before they went to 32 teams.

Or now that the symmetry is broken, they do any number of games they want.
Okay. It's doable, but convoluted.

I'm not convinced it's not just way better to keep the Dragons.