Lifestyle Sports useless!

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Lifestyle Sports useless!

Post by Dave Cahill »

Mookie wrote: May 20th, 2023, 9:18 amWhy they have exclusive rights is beyond me.
Because they pay for it?
I have Bumbleflex
GavinSydney
Beginner

Post by GavinSydney »

El Diablo wrote: May 19th, 2023, 11:15 am Virtually no kit in any Lifestyle shops. Even online only XS and 3 XL sizes! No baseball caps anywhere.......who wants scarfs in May! F**king useless! They should have their shops stuffed with merchandise for the biggest week of the year!
Perhaps it is the supply chain
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Is our deal with Adidas finished?
Mookie
Beginner

Post by Mookie »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 20th, 2023, 9:40 am
Mookie wrote: May 20th, 2023, 9:18 amWhy they have exclusive rights is beyond me.
Because they pay for it?
Obviously! I'm just wondering why they made such a deal with a clearly unrngaged retailer.
Mookie
Beginner

Post by Mookie »

Oops, unengaged
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

The deal with Lifestyle started around the time that they took over the Leinster rugby store that was in Donnybrook, IIRC.

A lot has changed on the retail front since then and they've closed stores. They have fast shipping online.

Exclusive deals and the same buying pattern don't always go as well. It makes a lot more sense to make to order with some gear and it would probably be better overall to ditch HC shirts and not stock away shirts.

Most fans don't update jerseys often so the market is relatively small.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Mookie wrote: May 21st, 2023, 10:15 am
Because they pay for it?
Obviously! I'm just wondering why they made such a deal with a clearly unrngaged retailer.
They were the ones who met the price that Leinster were looking for I guess. You can't tell how a deal will pan out at the start of it, Lifestyle had everything you'd look for in a retail partner - stores throughout the province, online sales, all that stuff. The one thing they don't appear to have is any real interest, but you only find that out once the deal is in place.
nc6000 wrote: May 21st, 2023, 9:11 am Is our deal with Adidas finished?
That's what I've heard - whether what I've heard is true, I guess we'll find out over the next few weeks
I have Bumbleflex
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

I guess any renewal or deal with a new manufacturer will need to be in place pretty soon or maybe the RWC and a delayed start to the URC gives them more time.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Honestly the old Leinster shop in Donnybrook was the best, been pants since it went to Lifestyle. Yes I know it probably has zillions and millions of Euros and nationwide but we used to get all sorts of cool jackets and tops in addition to the usual jerseys etc. Miss it !!
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Blueberry wrote: May 21st, 2023, 6:20 pm Honestly the old Leinster shop in Donnybrook was the best, been pants since it went to Lifestyle. Yes I know it probably has zillions and millions of Euros and nationwide but we used to get all sorts of cool jackets and tops in addition to the usual jerseys etc. Miss it !!
Agree but we’ve grown so much since then and need better range, stock predictability and distribution. Adidas and Lifestyle fall short in those areas
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Blueberry wrote: May 21st, 2023, 6:20 pm Honestly the old Leinster shop in Donnybrook was the best, been pants since it went to Lifestyle. Yes I know it probably has zillions and millions of Euros and nationwide but we used to get all sorts of cool jackets and tops in addition to the usual jerseys etc. Miss it !!
Yeah that shop was great
Dont Panic!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Dexter wrote: May 21st, 2023, 9:12 pm
Yeah that shop was great
The worst part about Lifestyle being brought in was that Active Sport went out of business. They were fantastic - Danielle was incredibly helpful and their customer service was second to none. As someone mentioned earlier they always had a range of branded but unusual Leinster items - we got 'letterman' jackets (long before Leinster started using them for the customer service team in the RDS), fleeces, jute shopping bags and even lovely silver bracelets at various times over the years.

Also worth noting that Lifestyle hadn't bothered opening the store on the Anglesea Stand side in the RDS for months - won't be sorry to see them gone.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Xanthippe wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 2:02 pm
Dexter wrote: May 21st, 2023, 9:12 pm
Yeah that shop was great
The worst part about Lifestyle being brought in was that Active Sport went out of business. They were fantastic - Danielle was incredibly helpful and their customer service was second to none. As someone mentioned earlier they always had a range of branded but unusual Leinster items - we got 'letterman' jackets (long before Leinster started using them for the customer service team in the RDS), fleeces, jute shopping bags and even lovely silver bracelets at various times over the years.

Also worth noting that Lifestyle hadn't bothered opening the store on the Anglesea Stand side in the RDS for months - won't be sorry to see them gone.
I noticed that about the shop behind the Anglesea alright, that was really poor.
Dont Panic!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

My kingdom for some of thise old school Leinster Canterbury trackie bottoms
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

I'm still mourning the loss of my Leinster Oakley sunglasses. Can we have more of these please?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

RoboProp wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 11:28 pm My kingdom for some of thise old school Leinster Canterbury trackie bottoms
Would happily donate an organ for a few new pairs of these, lived in them for years :D :D

Whoever in Leinster in responsible for making kit partner choices.....please please please please go the Canterbury route again.

My battered Canterbury softshell is hanging in there and I adore it but it's well passed middle aged now and needs to retire.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

While we’re lamenting lost Leinster gear, those adidas fleeces with the 3 shoulder stripes are like hens teeth now. If anyone is selling an L or XL holla at y’boy

Same goes for the crew neck jumper from the same era

deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 21st, 2023, 11:12 am
Mookie wrote: May 21st, 2023, 10:15 am

Because they pay for it?
They were the ones who met the price that Leinster were looking for I guess. You can't tell how a deal will pan out at the start of it, Lifestyle had everything you'd look for in a retail partner - stores throughout the province, online sales, all that stuff. The one thing they don't appear to have is any real interest, but you only find that out once the deal is in place.
nc6000 wrote: May 21st, 2023, 9:11 am Is our deal with Adidas finished?
That's what I've heard - whether what I've heard is true, I guess we'll find out over the next few weeks
I was in the port yesterday and was told that the first consignment has arrived. Can't remember the new brand, but it's the one that was mentioned on here a few weeks ago Conversation had started in the context of a complicated passage through Brexit related custom's. One stand out apparently was the extraordinary markup between the commercial invoice v retail value - 300% in one case.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Not unusual. Unfair and exploitative, Yes. Unusual? No. Sportswear really is the devil's underwear from that perspective.
I have Bumbleflex
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Twist wrote:While we’re lamenting lost Leinster gear, those adidas fleeces with the 3 shoulder stripes are like hens teeth now. If anyone is selling an L or XL holla at y’boy

Same goes for the crew neck jumper from the same era

I have the navy one, it's a nice top.

Last edited by nc6000 on May 24th, 2023, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.