Leinster v Munster URC Semi Final Aviva Stadium Sat 13th 5.30pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Munster URC Semi Final Aviva Stadium Sat 13th 5.30pm

Post by Flash Gordon »

The Doc wrote: May 16th, 2023, 1:17 pm Lads... It's the Tuesday after the game. Can we all stop f%~king whining about opposition living on the edge, the other fans gloating and officials not giving us the calls. Cause you'll never guess what's coming up next Saturday.

The team need to work out and react to the game on the field including the ref and opposition. We didn't do that well enough last week and if we don't do it better this weekend we'll lose again.

The best we can do is convert the whining into as loud a roar as possible

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Jame Slowe
Beginner

Post by Jame Slowe »

Oldschool wrote: May 16th, 2023, 4:43 pm Is it time for the introduction of AI TMOs.
Definitely something the IRB should be looking at for the future.
:lol: :green clap: :lol:
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

DevinStoner wrote: May 16th, 2023, 12:41 am This blaming the ref will have to stop, just makes us look like sore losers. We're a laughing stock on the Munster fora.
And exactly who here gives a flying **** what the contributirs on the ‘munster foras’ think ??!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

:?:
heno wrote: May 16th, 2023, 12:41 pm At the end of the day, would it be possible to find anywhere in the world a sports fan who thinks a referee for a big game who actually played for one of the teams a fair and reasonable proposal?
We talk about the Urc maturing into a respected top league, but referee appointments like that will only further the rinkadink reputation and never ending threads about whether the referee was or wasn't biased.
It was wrong when it was Alan Rolland and it's wrong now with Frank.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Suppose ultimately that is what is disappointing. URC is our bread and butter day in day out proving ground and there is simply no way to understand why you couldn't appoint a ref other than Frank for a semi !! It just continues the Mickley mouse nature of it all but ultimately fans spend a small fortune following a team and sensible ref appts ain't much to ask at the business end.

I am not particularly looking forward to Jaco reffing us v LAR as I don't think his style particularly suits us but it's an absolutely neutral appt which can't be questioned. The Frankgate thing is entirely avoidable and the URC needs to be better.

Anyway enough of it all and here is hoping for a fifth 🌟
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

The Doc wrote: May 16th, 2023, 1:17 pm Lads... It's the Tuesday after the game. Can we all stop f%~king whining about opposition living on the edge, the other fans gloating and officials not giving us the calls. Cause you'll never guess what's coming up next Saturday.

The team need to work out and react to the game on the field including the ref and opposition. We didn't do that well enough last week and if we don't do it better this weekend we'll lose again.

I agree. I admit to being a really lousy loser and I'll whinge and moan about real and perceived injustices as much or probably more than your average fan.
Especially when it's Munster tbh. I admire Leinster fans who can step back and be objective because I just can't do it. My default mindset is that we have the best players, best squad and best coaches, so if we lose we've done something wrong or something dodgy has happened, not that the other side is better. I can't help it!
However, last Saturday is gone and we've something more important this weekend so let's divert our energies to supporting the lads and making Lansdowne a cauldron for the opposition and officials.
Dont Panic!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Dexter wrote: May 16th, 2023, 8:19 pm

I agree. I admit to being a really lousy loser and I'll whinge and moan about real and perceived injustices as much or probably more than your average fan.
Especially when it's Munster tbh. I admire Leinster fans who can step back and be objective because I just can't do it. My default mindset is that we have the best players, best squad and best coaches, so if we lose we've done something wrong or something dodgy has happened, not that the other side is better. I can't help it!
However, last Saturday is gone and we've something more important this weekend so let's divert our energies to supporting the lads and making Lansdowne a cauldron for the opposition and officials.
+1 Kinda pretty much how I feel !! This forum is like group therapy for incurable Leinster Rugby addicts :D
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Blueberry wrote: May 16th, 2023, 8:25 pm

+1 Kinda pretty much how I feel !! This forum is like group therapy for incurable Leinster Rugby addicts :D
You're spot on about the group therapy! :D
PS plus I don't give a flying f%~k about what any other sides fans think. There's something worse than a being a bad loser...and that's being a bad winner. I can think of one international side and at least one club side where the fans fit that bill.
Dont Panic!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Dexter wrote: May 16th, 2023, 8:27 pm
PS plus I don't give a flying f%~k about what any other sides fans think. There's something worse than a being a bad loser...and that's being a bad winner. I can think of one international side and at least one club side where the fans fit that bill.
Well let's stuff LAR on Saturday and be the best winners then. If we do win I promise not to mention ROG once :D
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Blueberry wrote: May 16th, 2023, 8:44 pm
Dexter wrote: May 16th, 2023, 8:27 pm

Well let's stuff LAR on Saturday and be the best winners then. If we do win I promise not to mention ROG once :D
It's a deal...
Dont Panic!
Jame Slowe
Beginner

Post by Jame Slowe »

TheThreeJays wrote: May 16th, 2023, 8:49 am I know you are all a bit one eyed *** Edited by mod *** down there but that still doesn't account for what a crock that is. All the critical decisions at critical moments from the yellow card in the first few minutes to the scrums, offsides, off feet, you name it went your way. I defy any man to find another reffing performance like it.
On a scale of 1 to underwhelming how would you rate Harry Byrne's 'performance'

Damn you Frank Murphy, damn it!!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Oldschool wrote: May 16th, 2023, 4:43 pm Is it time for the introduction of AI TMOs.
Interestingly some levels of baseball have brought in AI Umpires for calling foul balls / strikes. The percentage of foul balls went up considerably as borderline (slightly out) calls that a regular Umpire would think were in were (correctly) called out. This led to a worse spectacle for fans. So in some cases they scrapped the AI Umpire and in some cases they actually extended the dimensions for the AI Umpire so it would call technically out balls as in.
Jame Slowe
Beginner

Post by Jame Slowe »

Would AI stop Byrne from passing it forward or Clarkson losing the ball in contact? It would have a profound effect on the result if it could..
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

Laighin Break wrote: May 17th, 2023, 3:21 pm
Interestingly some levels of baseball have brought in AI Umpires for calling foul balls / strikes. The percentage of foul balls went up considerably as borderline (slightly out) calls that a regular Umpire would think were in were (correctly) called out. This led to a worse spectacle for fans. So in some cases they scrapped the AI Umpire and in some cases they actually extended the dimensions for the AI Umpire so it would call technically out balls as in.
gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "going balls out...."
https://www.world.rugby/news/810553/rug ... ampionship
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Laighin Break wrote: May 17th, 2023, 3:21 pm
That sounds like a very pragmatic approach to take to maintain the level of entertainment for the spectator.
Once both teams are treated equally
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Jame Slowe wrote: May 17th, 2023, 5:07 pm Would AI stop Byrne from passing it forward or Clarkson losing the ball in contact? It would have a profound effect on the result if it could..
AI would have blocked you sooner.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

At least AI has I
I have Bumbleflex
Jame Slowe
Beginner

Post by Jame Slowe »

ronk wrote: May 17th, 2023, 6:12 pm
Jame Slowe wrote: May 17th, 2023, 5:07 pm Would AI stop Byrne from passing it forward or Clarkson losing the ball in contact? It would have a profound effect on the result if it could..
For what? Pointing out who offloaded more? Pointing out your errors in the game? Leinsterfans would be better served assessing players performance rather than the ref, you lost to munster once in how many games and theres an inquest into the ref, embarrassing.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Jame Slowe wrote: May 17th, 2023, 8:25 pm
ronk wrote: May 17th, 2023, 6:12 pm
For what? Pointing out who offloaded more? Pointing out your errors in the game? Leinsterfans would be better served assessing players performance rather than the ref, you lost to munster once in how many games and theres an inquest into the ref, embarrassing.
Have fun with whatever this is…
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

He's saving us from embarrassing ourselves. Its a community service.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Logorrhea wrote: May 17th, 2023, 9:53 pm He's saving us from embarrassing ourselves. Its a community service.
:lol:
We're lucky to have him on here
Dont Panic!