Leinster v Munster URC Semi Final Aviva Stadium Sat 13th 5.30pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

FLIP
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v Munster URC Semi Final Aviva Stadium Sat 13th 5.30pm

Post by FLIP »

tingman wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:33 am Obviously a lot of noise here on Frank Murphy's performance. i was there - didnt see a rerun yet but he seemed like he was
forensic in his search for a reason to stick the arm out - one way.

Was wondering - and this is a call out to some of our Statto Comrades - would be interesting to see historicals on;

1. penalty count (all other refs) for and against Leinster
2. penalty count (all other teams) F Murphy for and against leinster
3. penalty count (Frank Murphy) Leinster v Munster.
The stat that matters are that Munsters 2 last URC (Rainbow Cup doesn't count) wins against us had Frank Murphy reffing us. Controversial differing reffing standards have also been in place in both matches, in favour of Munster.
Anyone But New Zealand
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Inquitus wrote: May 15th, 2023, 1:20 pm
TheThreeJays wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:25 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:03 pm Emulating the worst behaviour of others is not a sign of maturity. People are free to cheer for whoever they want, whenever they want but if they're cheering for a team because they think it puts one over on us or munster, then they are in for a disappointment, because no one really cares and they look like gobdaws
Stormers Abú
Mumha Abu!

Ill happily cheer Leinster in the HC Final v La Rochelle, while cheering Munster against the Stormers! We can have our Irish cake and eat it.
It irks me when certain supporters throw barbes out like you do ThreeJays but then maybe you’re just trolling. This cr@p of saying watch the fans who support Munster next week cause then their not true supporters. I’ve always supported Leinster from as far back as going to the interpros in old Landsdowne road or watching them with only a couple hundred from the bective end in Donnybrook and while I am happy to say I hate Munster when we play them, I am even happier to say I’m a very proud Irish rugby fan who used to watch us getting mullered by French, English, SA, Allblacks etc back in the day and to see two irish teams in the finals of our main competition gives me great satisfaction. I really don’t care if you support the stormers and that’s your call and I wouldn’t push anyone to do anything other than they want, but I will happily be supporting Munster next week and hope they muller the stormers.
TheThreeJays
Learner

Post by TheThreeJays »

I'd support Slava Moscow over Munster at this stage. If you had that reffing performance against Saracens by one of their ex scrumhalfs who was born around the corner from the stadium you would have a sh!t fit. Why would you offer Munster any succour. They think it's hilarious
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Theleinsterlad wrote: May 15th, 2023, 2:13 pm
Inquitus wrote: May 15th, 2023, 1:20 pm
TheThreeJays wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:25 pm

Stormers Abú
Mumha Abu!

Ill happily cheer Leinster in the HC Final v La Rochelle, while cheering Munster against the Stormers! We can have our Irish cake and eat it.
It irks me when certain supporters throw barbes out like you do ThreeJays but then maybe you’re just trolling. This cr@p of saying watch the fans who support Munster next week cause then their not true supporters. I’ve always supported Leinster from as far back as going to the interpros in old Landsdowne road or watching them with only a couple hundred from the bective end in Donnybrook and while I am happy to say I hate Munster when we play them, I am even happier to say I’m a very proud Irish rugby fan who used to watch us getting mullered by French, English, SA, Allblacks etc back in the day and to see two irish teams in the finals of our main competition gives me great satisfaction. I really don’t care if you support the stormers and that’s your call and I wouldn’t push anyone to do anything other than they want, but I will happily be supporting Munster next week and hope they muller the stormers.
As you say, people can support who they want, so your choice. Personally I find it really odd that people would go to such lengths to support a team playing one of our rivals but I find it even odder that somebody would actually actively support our rivals. This "support Irish Rugby" thing is odd too in my view, we have a national team for that.

I'll watch the game as a neutral but I support Leinster and Ireland, that's it!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
TheThreeJays
Learner

Post by TheThreeJays »

I'll put it another way for you though I especially hate Munster and everything they represent- I wouldn't want to obscure that. How many St Mary's supporters were supporting their neighbours against Clontarf recently? And if you say you know some that were they were either a) lying b) lying
Bigdickenergy
Bookworm

Post by Bigdickenergy »

TheThreeJays wrote: May 15th, 2023, 2:47 pm I'll put it another way for you though I especially hate Munster and everything they represent- I wouldn't want to obscure that. How many St Mary's supporters were supporting their neighbours against Clontarf recently? And if you say you know some that were they were either a) lying b) lying

Not a great example as that’s an all Irish final. This is Munster against a non Irish team. Stormers would win their second title in just their second year in the comp and the insufferable saffa fans won’t tire in pointing that out, even if Leinster win the CC. A better example would be if Ulster or Connacht vs Munster was the final. Then I think you’d find most Leinster fans would cheer against Munster. Not against a SA team. I’d absolutely hate to see the stormers win it especially since Munster and Connacht did the hard work for them knocking out Ulster and Leinster
TheThreeJays
Learner

Post by TheThreeJays »

I won't have to listen to the insufferable Saffer fans and their media hounds will I. It is actually making me sick thinking about the headlines. Even them losing the headlines will be all shades of shite
TheThreeJays
Learner

Post by TheThreeJays »

I should note Munster lads were OK until we started winning. They got to pat us on the head. That turned over night and the thoughts of them patronising everyone while a bodhran plays in the background in a few weeks doesn't bear thinking about.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

And I see one of Munster's kicks on Saturday was taken after the 60 second time limit but the Irish Times think it's OK because it was an inadvertent technical error! FFS.

Munster more than worthy winners but URC need to acknowledge timing error on Healy kick

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... ealy-kick/
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 15th, 2023, 12:20 pm
matt wrote: May 15th, 2023, 12:04 pm
blockhead wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:46 am That's 2 seasons in a row we have thrown away a home Final by playing the B team in the semi.
Much bigger game this Saturday meant 11 starters rested. Correct decision. Winning 5th Heineken cup is the most important part of our season and unlikely if they played against Munster. La Rochelle rested all 15 on Saturday.
La Rochelle weren't playing in a Top14 semi-final.

It's one of those weird ones where the correctness of the decision is only validated by what happens next. If we win on Saturday it will have been the right call. If we lose on Saturday then it's another season without a trophy
Dave I would normally agree with what you say as you speak a lot of sense but there are no guarantees in life and whether we win or lose on Saturday I still think we picked the right team against Munster bearing in mind a 5th star is a bigger priority that winning the URC. We have enough niggly injuries as it is.
Jame Slowe
Beginner

Post by Jame Slowe »

TheThreeJays wrote: May 14th, 2023, 8:57 pm We lost because not in spite of Murphy. No Murphy we are in the final. I have never in all my time seen a reffing performance like it. It seemed bad in the stadium but you think I am missing something here and it will make sense when I look back on it. Yeah I looked back and it was worse than first imagined. Because of Rassie we all have to pretend the ref is sacrosanct but it was so bad it seems wilful. That's on the URC as rhey must have knew the risk of the optics here. As for the Munster media cabal- they can go and ask my hole
You been smoking that peyote again?! Munster won fair and square, clearly the better side on the day, should have been out of sight long before the last 10.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

We lost by a point. If Frawley had converted, we must likely would have won. If we had kept them in their half from min76? on - we definitely would have won. We won by a point in Thomond. We were happy, to just keep it at that and managed to keep Munster in their half for almost the last 15 mins. Boy did they learn from that - but still we shouldn't have let them gain access so easily. We took a risk with the selection but oh so nearly got there (even with some questionable decisions against us). Maybe (hindsight I know), a slightly stronger bench might have done it. Ross for Frawley for me - he might have managed the last 15 better. Most likely would have kicked the conversion. He's durable. I don't subscribe necessarily to this fully resting up. Coming on for 10-20 mins bar getting clattered will make no difference.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

TheThreeJays
Learner

Post by TheThreeJays »

Jame Slowe wrote: May 15th, 2023, 5:12 pm
TheThreeJays wrote: May 14th, 2023, 8:57 pm We lost because not in spite of Murphy. No Murphy we are in the final. I have never in all my time seen a reffing performance like it. It seemed bad in the stadium but you think I am missing something here and it will make sense when I look back on it. Yeah I looked back and it was worse than first imagined. Because of Rassie we all have to pretend the ref is sacrosanct but it was so bad it seems wilful. That's on the URC as rhey must have knew the risk of the optics here. As for the Munster media cabal- they can go and ask my hole
You been smoking that peyote again?! Munster won fair and square, clearly the better side on the day, should have been out of sight long before the last 10.
:lol:
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

matt wrote: May 15th, 2023, 4:27 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: May 15th, 2023, 12:20 pm
matt wrote: May 15th, 2023, 12:04 pm

Much bigger game this Saturday meant 11 starters rested. Correct decision. Winning 5th Heineken cup is the most important part of our season and unlikely if they played against Munster. La Rochelle rested all 15 on Saturday.
La Rochelle weren't playing in a Top14 semi-final.

It's one of those weird ones where the correctness of the decision is only validated by what happens next. If we win on Saturday it will have been the right call. If we lose on Saturday then it's another season without a trophy
Dave I would normally agree with what you say as you speak a lot of sense but there are no guarantees in life and whether we win or lose on Saturday I still think we picked the right team against Munster bearing in mind a 5th star is a bigger priority that winning the URC. We have enough niggly injuries as it is.
In fairness; I don't think we've ever been in better shape injury wise (apart from Sexton). Jenkins, Ngatai, TOB, Frawley, Henshaw, Kelleher all returned at the right time. Will Connors unfortunate, and I'd be a bit worried on VDF (looked to be struggling with an ankle towards the end). Will be interesting to see the injury update.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Who was the citing commisioner for the semi v Munster?
Jame Slowe
Beginner

Post by Jame Slowe »

TheThreeJays wrote: May 15th, 2023, 11:33 am The media guys are not doing it to wind us up bar a few like Rúaidhrí O’Connor but he will stick the knife in anywhere. They do it because they are Munster supporters and believe the folksy Munster honesty passion bull. They absolutely believe Munster are an exceptional team that represent a mysterious connection with the people while Leinster are just some ordinary professional group that lack poetry. They believe any amount of shite about Munster to be honest.
The bitterness is strong in this one!! Munster Munster Munster
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

nc6000 wrote: May 15th, 2023, 4:10 pm And I see one of Munster's kicks on Saturday was taken after the 60 second time limit but the Irish Times think it's OK because it was an inadvertent technical error! FFS.

Munster more than worthy winners but URC need to acknowledge timing error on Healy kick

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... ealy-kick/
Yeah saw that, IT trying to stir it up. Yes, technically it was wrong but we'd be clutching at massive straws if we whinged about that. As others have said, we could have won the game, we didn't, we move on.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

desperado wrote: May 15th, 2023, 5:33 pm
In fairness; I don't think we've ever been in better shape injury wise (apart from Sexton). Jenkins, Ngatai, TOB, Frawley, Henshaw, Kelleher all returned at the right time. Will Connors unfortunate, and I'd be a bit worried on VDF (looked to be struggling with an ankle towards the end). Will be interesting to see the injury update.
https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/lowe-and-p ... cup-final/

It was issued earlier.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

desperado wrote: May 15th, 2023, 5:34 pm Who was the citing commisioner for the semi v Munster?
It was never announced by URC but considering it was an interpro I expect it was Brian McNiece. Wouldn't expect any citings though - they rarely happen in interpros and especially not at this point of the season
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Today resale opened on ticketmaster for your information. More weekend tickets than single tickets for the final though. A small number have shown up during the day and they're gone in a minute or so. If you keep refreshing the relevant pages, you might get lucky. A couple of friends got tickets that way today. You'll hate your life after the 200th refresh mind you.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”