Quarter Final vs Sharks, Sat 6th May 17:00 (RTE 2)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Quarter Final vs Sharks, Sat 6th May 17:00 (RTE 2)

Post by Dave Cahill »

He argued that it wasn't as important as other attributes once it was functional
I have Bumbleflex
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Dave Cahill wrote:He argued that it wasn't as important as other attributes once it was functional
He did indeed. What does “functional” mean though? A shite pass that doesn’t send the receiver to hospital, but significantly reduces the latter’s opportunity to create?

The argument centred on JGP’s merits as an 9 vis-a-vis Luke’s, which is almost a test case of the difference in relative scrum half skill sets.

I think since then (driven by Irish team making the initial choice) we have collectively come to the conclusion that a very good pass is more important than a functional one- no matter what the other merits of the functional passer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

blockhead wrote: May 8th, 2023, 12:49 pm
Theleinsterlad wrote: May 8th, 2023, 12:42 pm
kff15 wrote: May 8th, 2023, 10:45 am

I have to agreewith that - the number of times that he had to change grip on the ball against Sharks before passing was surprising
Unfortunately for Luke while his pass will not totally get found out at club level, at international level it would be totally found out. Really sad as he has everything else going for him. That’s why I really think we have something special in Ben murphy
Wasn't there a poster on here who frequently argued that the quality of a scrum-half's passing was not that important? :shock:
I presume that’s before the rush defence became such a weapon, now any delay in passing from the second the scrum half picks the ball will see the 1st receiver as a big sweet target for a crunch hit before he can release or panic offload
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Nearly forgot to say it, but the halftime games were great entertainment.
The adult-minis (not sure of the politically correct term here) was played in front of a very engaged audience who cheered very loudly when a break or tackle was made, great stuff.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!