A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Re: Heineken Champions Cup Final 2023

Post by the spoofer »

glenageary wrote: May 19th, 2023, 5:04 pm
the spoofer wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:51 pm
munster#1 wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:43 pm Looking at the 2 teams on paper, it’s hard to see past a Leinster victory. Add in the home advantage and it almost makes it a certainty.
It is essentially Ireland plus a few other internationals up against a club team.

Leinster need to keep the ball, and I mean completely starve the opposition of possession. I have heard some say that Leinster should kick the leather off the ball and keep the big men moving, but imo LAR have the outside backs to deal with that.

Discipline will be another item which should be drilled into the Leinster players. Penalties will provide LAR with territory, and they can do serious damage in the opposition 22.

If Leinster replay to their strengths and keep 15 players on the park, there is no way they lose this.

Best of luck and enjoy the game.

P.S. I hope the Johnny come lately’s remember not to sign Allez le Bleus when the opposition is a French team.
Allez les Bleus started in Toulouse in 2006.
And the Toulouse fans clapped our team off the pitch - a wonderful day remember it well - followed by Munster in the Semi :cry: :cry: , sadly it took Croke Park to get rid of that memory!!
They formed a tunnel and cheered the Leinster supporters out of the stadium. Fabulous supporters.
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

carlow man wrote: May 19th, 2023, 4:41 pm How many lar fans will be there realistically? Hard to know between the ones who are travelling from France or the ones from Cork with lar or munster shirts on?!! I'm travelling over from the u.k. tomorrow morning and can't wait!!! COYBIB
with the Taylor fight on , I guess many hotel rooms are full and what is left are uber expensive!! jayus I just looked on Booking.com and for x1 night (Saturday) in dublin the cheapest is €215 in a Hostel and that for a bed in a 12 bed dorm. FFS Dublin has gone crazy.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

glenageary wrote: May 19th, 2023, 5:10 pm
carlow man wrote: May 19th, 2023, 4:41 pm How many lar fans will be there realistically? Hard to know between the ones who are travelling from France or the ones from Cork with lar or munster shirts on?!! I'm travelling over from the u.k. tomorrow morning and can't wait!!! COYBIB
with the Taylor fight on , I guess many hotel rooms are full and what is left are uber expensive!! jayus I just looked on Booking.com and for x1 night (Saturday) in dublin the cheapest is €215 in a Hostel and that for a bed in a 12 bed dorm. FFS Dublin has gone crazy.
That is price gouging on an appalling scale. There are few things more annoying than some creature from the hospitality lobby moaning about VAT rates on RTE at Budget time. Shameful carry on charging those extortionate prices
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

That's absolutely disgusting. They should be stripped of the preferential 9 per cent VAT rate, as was mooted for budget 2022, but ultimately didn't happen.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

Its an absolute disgrace. Government doing nothing about it aswell. Caps need to be put depending on the quality of the establishment/rooms. Anyone charging that for sharing with 11 other people should be EXTREMELY heavily taxed.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

My brother managed to get a single room with shared bathroom in temple bar hostel for 107 pound sterling this week. May have been a late cancellation as everything else was showing 300-400 pounds. Can't see many lar fans making a late trip during to extortionate pricing of hotels and b&bs.
D2 Blue
Bookworm

Post by D2 Blue »

Looks like the LAR team are staying very close to where I live in D2. They're in a hotel on the canal - I won't name the hotel but I hope the Luas doesn't disturb them. I've been meaning to test the car horn for a while. Maybe at 2.00 in the morning for a few hours!
Gwan Leinster!! Gwan Seapoint Dragons!!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

D2 Blue wrote: May 19th, 2023, 7:21 pm Looks like the LAR team are staying very close to where I live in D2. They're in a hotel on the canal - I won't name the hotel but I hope the Luas doesn't disturb them. I've been meaning to test the car horn for a while. Maybe at 2.00 in the morning for a few hours!
Awfully noisy round there. Good idea on the car horn. Vital to make sure it's operational at all times. Are you due an NCT soon ? If so give it a good testing. You can never bee too careful.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Experimental wrote: May 19th, 2023, 6:17 pm Its an absolute disgrace. Government doing nothing about it aswell. Caps need to be put depending on the quality of the establishment/rooms. Anyone charging that for sharing with 11 other people should be EXTREMELY heavily taxed.
Usual supply and demand answers 🙄
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Media a bit of a joke at this stage, full of cheer boys for a foreign team which is really odd.
I don’t recall this sort of hype and adoration around Mark McCall when we played Sarries and he was the most successful coach in Europe..
Anyway, f0ck them. Tomorrow will be massive, we’ll be blue and loud. If our players (almost exclusively home grown) play to potential, we will win, roared on by a raccous Leinster crowd.
Not sure I’ll be able to sleep tonight!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

20% of c.25k hotel and guesthouse rooms in Dublin are currently contracted to the state (and 32% outside of Dublin). There are some valid reasons why prices are high, not the entirety of it, but some.
I have Bumbleflex
D2 Blue
Bookworm

Post by D2 Blue »

Blueberry wrote: May 19th, 2023, 7:45 pm
D2 Blue wrote: May 19th, 2023, 7:21 pm Looks like the LAR team are staying very close to where I live in D2. They're in a hotel on the canal - I won't name the hotel but I hope the Luas doesn't disturb them. I've been meaning to test the car horn for a while. Maybe at 2.00 in the morning for a few hours!
Awfully noisy round there. Good idea on the car horn. Vital to make sure it's operational at all times. Are you due an NCT soon ? If so give it a good testing. You can never bee too careful.
Believe it or not the NCT is due next week (after booking 8 months ago)!! I agree its vital to give it a good testing. Luckily I bought the Dukes of Hazzard-type carhorn recently so it might need a good tuning.
Might be able to get some of the right wingers to protest outside. :D
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Not much of a singer at matches but we need a few chants for tomorrow. I don’t want to be able to hear “ici ici c’est LR”. Allele le Bleus, common you boys in blue and maybe WE ARE LEINSTER
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Blue Man wrote: May 19th, 2023, 7:52 pm Media a bit of a joke at this stage, full of cheer boys for a foreign team which is really odd.
I don’t recall this sort of hype and adoration around Mark McCall when we played Sarries and he was the most successful coach in Europe..
Anyway, f0ck them. Tomorrow will be massive, we’ll be blue and loud. If our players (almost exclusively home grown) play to potential, we will win, roared on by a raccous Leinster crowd.
Sod em all, let's stuff em and then sit back and enjoy.

I am very confident now, great team, great supporters and its going to be one he'll of beating for LAR. COME ON LADS.

Who is Ronan O'Gara anyway ? Name rings a bell but can't quite place him.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

D2 Blue wrote: May 19th, 2023, 8:14 pm
Believe it or not the NCT is due next week (after booking 8 months ago)!! I agree its vital to give it a good testing. Luckily I bought the Dukes of Hazzard-type carhorn recently so it might need a good tuning.
See if you can get it play 'come on you boys in blue' , remember in Twickers in 2012 the Ulster brass band got stuck into it so your car horn must be up to the job. :D :)
D2 Blue
Bookworm

Post by D2 Blue »

Blueberry wrote: May 19th, 2023, 8:48 pm
D2 Blue wrote: May 19th, 2023, 8:14 pm

See if you can get it play 'come on you boys in blue' , remember in Twickers in 2012 the Ulster brass band got stuck into it so your car horn must be up to the job. :D :)
I'll give it a go. Failing that i'll give the car door a good slamming.
Funny enough, the missus has gone on a suspiciously long walk :?

On a related note, a few resale tickets are popping up on ticketmaster.
I don't have one so might take a chance but as others have found they'll probably be snapped up.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

riocard911 wrote:Great analytics by Derek McNamara, ex-Belvo. He's crunched all the stats and is confident, that Leinster have the means to put La Rochelle away tomorrow:

https://youtu.be/Jy4iHme8-q8
Well I’m glad one of us is
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

glenageary wrote: May 19th, 2023, 4:58 pm
the spoofer wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:03 pm
Dexter wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:02 pm Frawley instead of Harry probably the only very slight surprise
I think HB is injured.
was that why he didnt kick the conversion last Sat?
He took the restart after Munster's last try which you'd imagine would require almost the same movements as the conversion, maybe a bit less power
Last edited by Laighin Break on May 20th, 2023, 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Blueberry wrote: May 19th, 2023, 8:45 pm
Blue Man wrote: May 19th, 2023, 7:52 pm Media a bit of a joke at this stage, full of cheer boys for a foreign team which is really odd.
Sod em all, let's stuff em and then sit back and enjoy.

I am very confident now, great team, great supporters and its going to be one he'll of beating for LAR. COME ON LADS.

Who is Ronan O'Gara anyway ? Name rings a bell but can't quite place him.
AKA - Speedbump.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Blueberry wrote: May 19th, 2023, 8:45 pm Who is Ronan O'Gara anyway ? Name rings a bell but can't quite place him.
You'll remember him when I show you a picture of him:

“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”