Moderator: moderators

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster V Toulouse Semi Final

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Colmodon wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 11:36 am
Dave Cahill wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 11:25 am
fourthirtythree wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 11:22 am
Another thing: the Sheehan try. That was Conan's work. He burrowed right through the maul and came clean through the other side to slap Gru's hand as he was passing so that it went right off the (superb, absolutely superb) Willis into Sheahan's hands to sprint past Dupont and Ntmack.
was about to post about this - it was a masterpiece from Conan, one of the best pieces of play in the entire match and almost no one noticed! I had to watch it three times to work out who it was
Haven't watched it back but was it definitely Conan? I thought it may have been Porter. Both were destroying that maul
yeah. definitely Conan brilliantly squirreling through to smack Gru's hand. Porter appeared on the scene just after that.

https://youtu.be/5uFK7czxghU?t=368

As an aside, I thought it was a little odd Ramos pulled out of the tackle on Sheehan. Fair enough, Sheehan was already in, but, I was taught to never give up hope of dislodging the ball in a position like that.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

JohnB wrote: May 1st, 2023, 2:48 am Neti absolutely deserved a card for his first head butt on VDF. One could argue perhaps that his second head butt was an attempt to save himself from possible damage from an imminent illegal tackle by a justifiably annoyed VDF. There can be no defence though for his first head butt.
Wasn't Neti the player who hit VdF from behind in the head/neck shortly before that? VdF was on the ground for quite a bit and after a knock on (I think) Neti went to him to pat him on the back to see he was okay, VdF may have used some slightly less than Christian language and was not very pleased with a blindside hit to the head (without the ball) which may have annoyed Neti. I suspect this is why he went for Josh's head in the first place and why Josh was unwilling to turn the other cheek three times let alone seventy times seven in response.

Another thing: the Sheehan try. That was Conan's work. He burrowed right through the maul and came clean through the other side to slap Gru's hand as he was passing so that it went right off the (superb, absolutely superb) Willis into Sheahan's hands to sprint past Dupont and Ntmack.
Think you’re right about Neti being the player who hit VDF off the ball from behind. VDF looked distinctly unenthusiastic about Neti’s proffered pat on the back. That might have played into the later action alright.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Lots of good work on that maul. Ryan was a pest and probably created the gap that Conan wriggled through. Furlong set the edge really well and did a lot to limit their go forward. Lovely stuff.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

ronk wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 11:57 am Lots of good work on that maul. Ryan was a pest and probably created the gap that Conan wriggled through. Furlong set the edge really well and did a lot to limit their go forward. Lovely stuff.
Agreed. Our maul defense has improved. It was a weak spot for us up til recently.
Conan was immense on saturday. Competition for the 8 jersey is fierce.
BlockB
Bookworm

Post by BlockB »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 11:59 am
ronk wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 11:57 am Lots of good work on that maul. Ryan was a pest and probably created the gap that Conan wriggled through. Furlong set the edge really well and did a lot to limit their go forward. Lovely stuff.
Agreed. Our maul defense has improved. It was a weak spot for us up til recently.
Conan was immense on saturday. Competition for the 8 jersey is fierce.
Totally agree on our maul defence and likewise our scrummaging has come on leaps and bounds as the season has progressed. Leo was talking about be conscious of not peaking too early this season and I wonder is this a result of that (or I'm just reading too much into it)
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

was about to post about this - it was a masterpiece from Conan, one of the best pieces of play in the entire match and almost no one noticed! I had to watch it three times to work out who it was
I thought initially it was JR, but on rewatching saw that it was Jack. Total class!
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

riocard911 wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 12:33 pm
I thought initially it was JR, but on rewatching saw that it was Jack. Total class!
looks like JR helped create the gap for Conan to burrow through. Great work by all. https://youtu.be/5uFK7czxghU?t=368
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Xanthippe wrote: April 29th, 2023, 8:28 pm
jezzer wrote: April 29th, 2023, 7:31 pm
Xanthippe wrote: April 29th, 2023, 6:28 pm

I’m happy to enter for you but before I do here are the terms and conditions per Leinster:

If all this is okay let me know and I’ll enter for you
Thx so much.
Okay I’ve entered for you - unfortunately I could only enter for two tickets so you might need to ask someone else to enter as well if you still hoped to get the four seats.

Keeping everything crossed for you - winners will be notified on Wednesday so ‘watch this space’
Jezzer I’m really sorry - I didn’t have any luck in the ticket lottery but I’ll keep my ears open and let you know if I hear anything.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Xanthippe wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 5:32 pm
Xanthippe wrote: April 29th, 2023, 8:28 pm
jezzer wrote: April 29th, 2023, 7:31 pm

Thx so much.
Okay I’ve entered for you - unfortunately I could only enter for two tickets so you might need to ask someone else to enter as well if you still hoped to get the four seats.

Keeping everything crossed for you - winners will be notified on Wednesday so ‘watch this space’
Jezzer I’m really sorry - I didn’t have any luck in the ticket lottery but I’ll keep my ears open and let you know if I hear anything.
Thanks anyway!! :clap: