Where to stay in Dublin

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Merryperson

Where to stay in Dublin

Post by Merryperson »

Hi all from a Leicester tigers fan
Assuming you beat Ulster and we beat Edinburgh we will play you on the weekend 7-9th April and having looked at the hotels many are booked and those that aren’t are very expensive,
Any recommendations for places to stay would be much appreciated
Thanks
Come on Tigers :D
naraic
Mullet

Re: Where to stay in Dublin

Post by naraic »

Its probably going to be expensive.

I'd look at Airbnb if I was looking to stay in Dublin.

About 30% of the total hotel and b&b beds in the country are being hired by the government to house refugees which has led to shortages of hotel accomodation.

This has made AirBnB incredibly attractive and something like 3,000 AirBnB places are available or occupied on any given night. This is worsening our housing crisis.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Depends on your budget really. I don’t think you’re going to do much better than €200 per room, per night with the way hotel prices have gone in Dublin. You might have to wedge a bunch of lads and / or lassies into the same room if your budget is tighter than that.

The Maldron on Merrion Road could be a good option, 15 mins from the stadium via transport, 40 mins walking, seems to have the lowest prices for that weekend currently.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

You might not get many replies this week as we're very wary of the mocker gods and lots of us are particularly nervous about this fixture.
IF we manage to win this, there'll probably be a lot more input next week.
Dont Panic!
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Dexter wrote: March 26th, 2023, 8:39 pm You might not get many replies this week as we're very wary of the mocker gods and lots of us are particularly nervous about this fixture.
IF we manage to win this, there'll probably be a lot more input next week.
True, though if you stay in a hotel you can cancel for free should Leicester or Leinster fail to progress to the next round, so it's worth sorting out now imo.
Caliphi
Learner

Post by Caliphi »

Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

It's Easter weekend which will push prices even higher than normal

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Serb wrote: March 26th, 2023, 8:33 pm Depends on your budget really. I don’t think you’re going to do much better than €200 per room, per night with the way hotel prices have gone in Dublin. You might have to wedge a bunch of lads and / or lassies into the same room if your budget is tighter than that.

The Maldron on Merrion Road could be a good option, 15 mins from the stadium via transport, 40 mins walking, seems to have the lowest prices for that weekend currently.
Clayton Hotel Charlemont Street is another option (part of the Maldron Group) - not a bad location closer to the centre. Same as above, room about €220 or so per night. Camden Court Hotel is about €275 per night per room.

Mespil hotel is €478 for a double room for 2 nights - great location for town and the Aviva

Grand Canal Hotel is €488 total for 2 nights

That's probably as good as you'll get for a hotel near enough the centre. As others have said, Air BnB or guest houses might be cheaper
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Merryperson wrote: March 26th, 2023, 7:37 pm Hi all from a Leicester tigers fan
Assuming you beat Ulster and we beat Edinburgh we will play you on the weekend 7-9th April and having looked at the hotels many are booked and those that aren’t are very expensive,
Thanks
Avoid Dublin like the plague unless you want to get ripped off when it comes to hotel accommodation, eating out and having a few pints.

I went into town after the Stormers game last Friday and paid €6.80 for a pint of Heineken which I’m told is pretty reasonable these days. A G&T was €10.

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Dublin is no place for tourists or visitors.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

You might want to look along the Luas (Tram) or Dart (metro) line. You can get a room at the Clayton in Leopardstown for 150 quid a night and it's right on the Luas Line that will take you to the city centre in 20 mins. Similarly, the Dart stops at Lansdowne Road Station.

For pubs, Beggars Bush is a great pub beside the ground, will be busy on match day but you'll be amazed how quickly they get you served given the crowds, Guinness is not far off a fiver (£4.40) a pint.

Best of luck!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
laighinair
Beginner

Post by laighinair »

The Royal Marine in Dun Laoghaire has some availability still for Friday and Saturday night at €129 Friday and €159 on Saturday. It is close to the Dart which serves Lansdowne Road (about 20 minutes). Dun Laoghaire is about 8 km from Lansdowne Road and there is a bus direct to the hotel from the airport. There are other options in the town too if you are looking for something else. Regardless, enjoy your stay.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

elephantman wrote: March 28th, 2023, 4:00 pm
Thanks
Avoid Dublin like the plague unless you want to get ripped off when it comes to hotel accommodation, eating out and having a few pints.

I went into town after the Stormers game last Friday and paid €6.80 for a pint of Heineken which I’m told is pretty reasonable these days. A G&T was €10.

Rubbish. Dublin is still quite reasonable compared to most capital cities.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

the spoofer wrote: April 5th, 2023, 4:57 pm
elephantman wrote: March 28th, 2023, 4:00 pm
Thanks

Rubbish. Dublin is still quite reasonable compared to most capital cities.
😂😂
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

laighinair wrote: April 5th, 2023, 1:13 pm The Royal Marine in Dun Laoghaire has some availability still for Friday and Saturday night at €129 Friday and €159 on Saturday. It is close to the Dart which serves Lansdowne Road (about 20 minutes). Dun Laoghaire is about 8 km from Lansdowne Road and there is a bus direct to the hotel from the airport. There are other options in the town too if you are looking for something else. Regardless, enjoy your stay.
That's reasonable for somewhere so accessible, not bad at all in relative terms
Dont Panic!