Jamie Osborne

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Jamie Osborne

Post by mildlyinterested »

Lancaster on Jamie Osborne
He reminds me physically of Robbie Henshaw who can play both 12 and 13. He can carry hard with the traffic into the 12 channel but he’s also got the football ability to play 13, he’s a good distributor. He’s got good pace, he’s obviously a big man, he’s got a massive left boot, hence his ability to play at 15 as well.
“Personally I think he’ll settle into the central positions and be a little like Robbie who has got the ability to play at 12 and 13.

“He’s quite an introverted lad, quite a quiet lad, but he’s definitely grown in confidence and belief and his personality is coming out now. He’s played for us in big games now and in terms of his evolution, he’s there or thereabouts. I don’t know if he’ll make the squad with Ireland, I’ve not spoken to Faz about it, he won’t be far off I would have thought.”
backrower8
Mullet

Re: Jamie Osborne

Post by backrower8 »

High praise, not hype
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

That's exactly how I see him. I think he'll eventually play most of his rugby at 12 unless there's a movement away from players like Ringrose and towards players like Frawlwy and Hawkshaw.

12 and 13 are both good places for when a big boot can be used.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

He's been really really good for us, well ahead of where many thought he would be but he's not an international rugby player just yet - at Leinster he's behind, Ringrose, Henshaw, Carlie and probably Frawley never mind talk of international representation. I really hope he doesn't get caught in the next popular/media hype that we saw with Crowley and Harry Byrne.

Delighted he's done so well, the lad looks like a fantastic prospect.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Wouldn’t be surprised if Munster are making eyes at him. Hopefully he has more sense.
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

elephantman wrote: January 10th, 2023, 8:14 pm Wouldn’t be surprised if Munster are making eyes at him. Hopefully he has more sense.
Ah here. No need!!!
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Is Barry Murphy (retired 2011) the last decent homegrown centre they have developed?

Not even with a bargepole, Jamie