Leinster v Ulster Sat 3rd December 19.35 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster v Ulster Sat 3rd December 19.35 TG4

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I've been assuming the internationals (plus Osbourne) will all slot back in in various positions but I wonder if we'd back Turner to start in midfield? I'd quite like to see him tear into that Ulster midfield with his tackling. Right now I'd say his most likely role is as 24th man but I'd like to see him get a go.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:53 pm I've been assuming the internationals (plus Osbourne) will all slot back in in various positions but I wonder if we'd back Turner to start in midfield? I'd quite like to see him tear into that Ulster midfield with his tackling. Right now I'd say his most likely role is as 24th man but I'd like to see him get a go.
+1
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Flash Gordon wrote:
joooooe wrote: November 28th, 2022, 10:58 am Cheapest tickets for this match are €38 (unreserved, uncovered, behind the posts). I love going to Leinster matches but that is nonsense pricing. I'll be watching on TV.
It's dear alright - and you have the ticketmaster charge on top taking it over 40 quid. If you're a student for example, you're going to struggle to pay that or a parent with a couple of kids you're going to be paying €120. Yet it will probably still sell out, wonder if they'd held the game in the Aviva with better prices what kind of crowd we'd have got?
I picked up a family ticket (2 adults, 2 kids) for €96 including fees. Not great, but not terrible.
Colmodon
Bookworm

Post by Colmodon »

Serb wrote: November 28th, 2022, 7:05 pm
Flash Gordon wrote:
joooooe wrote: November 28th, 2022, 10:58 am Cheapest tickets for this match are €38 (unreserved, uncovered, behind the posts). I love going to Leinster matches but that is nonsense pricing. I'll be watching on TV.
It's dear alright - and you have the ticketmaster charge on top taking it over 40 quid. If you're a student for example, you're going to struggle to pay that or a parent with a couple of kids you're going to be paying €120. Yet it will probably still sell out, wonder if they'd held the game in the Aviva with better prices what kind of crowd we'd have got?
I picked up a family ticket (2 adults, 2 kids) for €96 including fees. Not great, but not terrible.
I think without inflating the price for matches like this, it's hard to see how they justify "freezing" the price of the season ticket. A bit of the tail wagging the dog about it I think and if it doesn't get close to selling out (no idea how likely that is) it's something that should be looked at.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

38 quid isn't bad for the two top teams going at each other. Much cheaper than a ST for those who pick and choose only a few matches to go to.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

It’s not an outrageous price for a top of the table Inter pro. Trouble is the facilities, it’s hard to justify €38 for an uncovered stand, with limited facilities, in an Irish winter
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Basically we’re missing our first three options at 12. I don’t particularly want Ringer at 12 having a bosh off with the Bangor Bulldozer for 80 mins, one week before a match vs Racing. Other options are Harry, Turner or maybe Osborne at a stretch; none of which are great. Really hope Ngatai can make it back and manage three matches at 12.
Serb
Mullet

Leinster v Ulster Sat 3rd December 19.35 TG4

Post by Serb »

Didn’t Ross Byrne start at 12 against Ulster previously? He’s a fantastic defender, could see a JGP, Harry, Ross, Garry half back / midfield pairing.

Edit: Just checked, he started at 13 vs Ulster two seasons ago, he started at 12 vs Dragons in the same season.
Last edited by Serb on November 28th, 2022, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Serb wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:57 pm Didn’t Ross Byrne start at 12 against Ulster previously? He’s a fantastic defender, could see a JGP, Harry, Ross, Garry half back / midfield pairing.
So could i.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Blue Man wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:38 pm
It’s not an outrageous price for a top of the table Inter pro. Trouble is the facilities, it’s hard to justify €38 for an uncovered stand, with limited facilities, in an Irish winter
€25 tickets can be had for Racing in the Aviva or Cardiff, Dragons, Stormers in RDS. There's a 50% uplift for those seats in the HC and interpros.

That € 25 price has held for a while, I don't remember when the category A games went to €38 but they were at least €30 for a long few years.

The Ulster game is one of the 2 best candidates for moving another game to the Aviva.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

deco wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:04 pm 38 quid isn't bad for the two top teams going at each other. Much cheaper than a ST for those who pick and choose only a few matches to go to.
If you're a student or school kid that's not going to work unless you tap into the bank of mum and dad. To your point, it's a top of the table clash between two Irish rivals so it will likely sell out but that's a function of the stadium size and why we need to expand our capacity. A game like this which will have a great atmosphere and 2 quality teams is one that if you go, you're probably more likely to come back again.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Serb wrote: November 28th, 2022, 7:05 pm
Flash Gordon wrote:
That's actually pretty good!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

They're not particularly bad seats and I've always liked unassigned seats, I mostly sit there. It's really easy for groups of friends and people get to sit where they want. Who wouldn't want a roof though.

Munster and Ulster aren't especially cheaper for seats, they just have terraces with capacity that allow a lower entry point. Spending big money on the RDS won't lower seat prices, let's not fool ourselves. Moving a few extra games to Aviva could.

I'm not against renovating the RDS btw, I want people to understand what it can fix and what it can't.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ronk wrote: November 29th, 2022, 10:18 am They're not particularly bad seats and I've always liked unassigned seats, I mostly sit there. It's really easy for groups of friends and people get to sit where they want. Who wouldn't want a roof though.

Munster and Ulster aren't especially cheaper for seats, they just have terraces with capacity that allow a lower entry point. Spending big money on the RDS won't lower seat prices, let's not fool ourselves. Moving a few extra games to Aviva could.

I'm not against renovating the RDS btw, I want people to understand what it can fix and what it can't.
Not sure why we don't just do the roof. Seems like a no brainer. It was a manky day and I wonder how many didn't show up/walk up on the day because of the lack of roof.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Flash Gordon wrote: November 29th, 2022, 10:38 am
ronk wrote: November 29th, 2022, 10:18 am They're not particularly bad seats and I've always liked unassigned seats, I mostly sit there. It's really easy for groups of friends and people get to sit where they want. Who wouldn't want a roof though.

Not sure why we don't just do the roof. Seems like a no brainer. It was a manky day and I wonder how many didn't show up/walk up on the day because of the lack of roof.
It's because the 'ends' need to be easily removable for any gigs and the horse show isn't it?
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Another thing to be said for adding a roof to North and South stands would be the captured noise, rather than it escaping into the ether. Would only lend to cauldron effect
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

A roof would add a lot of top weight and balance issues for a move able stand with no foundations.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

wixfjord wrote: November 29th, 2022, 11:11 am
It's because the 'ends' need to be easily removable for any gigs and the horse show isn't it?
I've never actually gone to the Horse Show, so I could well be wrong. In theory one end stand could be permanent.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

While we're waiting on the rebuild/refurbishment, retractable awnings/canopies could easily be put in place over the north and south ends in the winter and taken down again in the spring.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

"easily"
I have Bumbleflex