Who is next at Loosehead Prop?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Re: Who is next at Loosehead Prop?

Post by neiliog93 »

Dexter wrote: March 8th, 2023, 12:14 pm Or Mill-Neh as Hugh Cahill recently called him...
That is actually how Milne pronounces the name. Hugh Cahill being right, a rare occurrence.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 8th, 2023, 2:23 pm Porter isnt considered a world class scrummaging loosehead.
Not in your opinion then. I think he is considered a world class loose head scrummager by many and personally I think he is within (a fair) reach of that accolade as he continues his development in his second season since converting back AND changing body shape and size in the process.

Hard-nosed scrummaging props are being edged out of teams to accomodate the way the game is rapidly moving, where all-court players are more valued. This is particularly true on the loose head side.

Right now there are very few loose heads in the world you can bank on in the scrum (not to be pinged in 6 out of 7 scrums or better).

Genge is all fur-coat and no nickers who scrummages at an angle whenever possible. Porter is significantly better than him.

Cyril Baille has literally and metaphorically gone backwards and was emasculated by John Ryan in Toulouse -v- Munster Champions Cup game. But in fairness, one bad day/scrum does not ruin a reputation but neither has he done any notable damage in the 6N this year.

I have seen Kitshoff pinged at scrum time plenty in the last two years, but he is very solid.

Ox Nche might have the best reputation for scrummaging currently, but I am not sure. Ethan de Groot is coming through for New Zealand as is Danilo Fischeti...but are they considered world class scrummagers now? Pierre Schoeman doesn't dominate at international level either.

So what are the criteria for being world-class scrummagers (presumably the best rate of penalties lost + won), who are the world-class loose head scrummagers and how far off is Porter from being one? Does anyone even do stats like that?
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

neiliog93 wrote: March 8th, 2023, 4:20 pm
Dexter wrote: March 8th, 2023, 12:14 pm Or Mill-Neh as Hugh Cahill recently called him...
That is actually how Milne pronounces the name. Hugh Cahill being right, a rare occurrence.
Wow!! My bad, I just assumed that because he said it like that, he was wrong :lol:
Dont Panic!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

I thought it was pronounced Millen
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Dexter wrote: March 9th, 2023, 12:11 pm
neiliog93 wrote: March 8th, 2023, 4:20 pm
Wow!! My bad, I just assumed that because he said it like that, he was wrong :lol:
In fairness, that's a reasonable assumption
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: March 9th, 2023, 1:50 pm I thought it was pronounced Millen
Like Fillum?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

johng wrote: March 9th, 2023, 3:26 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: March 9th, 2023, 1:50 pm I thought it was pronounced Millen
Like Fillum?
Yeah, but the F sounds like M and the um sounds like en
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

And you can only watch one of them in the cinema
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

The Milne in Michael Milne is pronounced Mill-en.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

johng wrote: March 9th, 2023, 3:54 pm And you can only watch one of them in the cinema
😀
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Ray Donovan wrote: March 9th, 2023, 8:13 pm The Milne in Michael Milne is pronounced Mill-en.
Oh, now I’m confused 😕
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

johng wrote:And you can only watch one of them in the cinema
Much like "Peter O'Toole - From the Sky Road to Aqaba", the definitive story of Peter O'Toole's life, told by those who knew him best, which you can see for one week only in Movies@ in Dundrum, Swords and Tallaght. A beautifully edited piece I must say.
I have Bumbleflex
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Much like "Peter O'Toole - From the Sky Road to Aqaba", the definitive story of Peter O'Toole's life, told by those who knew him best, which you can see for one week only in Movies@ in Dundrum, Swords and Tallaght. A beautifully edited piece I must say.
I heard someone say it was wonderfully edited all right

(Congrats btw)

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

The Doc wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

(Congrats btw)

Congrats to Dave on the editing of the film? Another talent/ skill…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

artaneboy wrote: March 10th, 2023, 9:58 am
The Doc wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Much like "Peter O'Toole - From the Sky Road to Aqaba", the definitive story of Peter O'Toole's life, told by those who knew him best, which you can see for one week only in Movies@ in Dundrum, Swords and Tallaght. A beautifully edited piece I must say.

(Congrats btw)

Congrats to Dave on the editing of the film? Another talent/ skill…

Fair play, DC. Great project to be part of. Will deffo have to get around to seeing this. Lawrence of Arabia is one of my favourite films, since my dad brought me to see it in the Metropole when I was eight years old. Opened my eyes to film as an art form. The director's cut, which came out around 1990 is great too. The scene, where Lawrence insists that his young Arab comrade be served a drink in the British army officers bar in Cairo, after the pair of them crossed the desert to inform Allenby of the Arab conquest of Aqaba is powerful!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

thanks lads, sorry for shilling it here! When it's finished it's cinema run it will be available to stream on Sky Arts (last shill I promise!)
I have Bumbleflex
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Dave Cahill wrote:thanks lads, sorry for shilling it here! When it's finished it's cinema run it will be available to stream on Sky Arts (last shill I promise!)
No, very well done. I love O’Toole and “Lawrence” is one of the great works of cinematic art of all time. I’ll seek it out on Sky, if I can’t get to see it properly on the big screen.

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

To answer your headline. Certainly not Genge.