Leinster v Treviso Fri 23rd 7.35 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v Treviso Fri 23rd 7.35 TG4

Post by hugonaut »

Mookie wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 8:19 pm Jenkins having a great game.
Yes, really good outing from him. Surprised that he went the full 80 mins, but happy to see that he got through it. We went into the last scrum with a middle row of Molony, McCarthy, Jenkins and Baird!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

hugonaut wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 10:54 pm
Yes, really good outing from him. Surprised that he went the full 80 mins, but happy to see that he got through it. We went into the last scrum with a middle row of Molony, McCarthy, Jenkins and Baird!
Just warming up for SPICER to come of age
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

hugonaut wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 10:54 pm
Not sure if that was the plan but Connors came off with an injury. Had an ice-pack on one of his hamstrings post match.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Also very impressed with Larmour – absolutely threw himself into that game. Great start to his season.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

wixfjord wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 6:13 pm
cormac wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 6:04 pm it wouldn't be a Leinster match without a late change.

Ryan out, Molony starts, McCarthy on bench.
This never fails to amuse me.

Would love to know the reason for it.
I wasn’t amused. Most fans wouldn’t be.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Henshaw was really up for it tonight and put in a superb performance. Best of our backs by a long way although it is probably unfair to make a proper assessment of the backs with such an inconsistent service from Luke.
As has been mentioned by several others, Jenkins was very physical and I wonder if he helped the front row put in such a dominant performance. It seemed that we threw very little ball to him at lineouts, was it because his heft was needed in the maul? Having the wonderful Connors back is almost like a new signing. Let's hope he has a great season.
Finally, a word for Peyper. Apart from having to be told to give a penalty for the blatant early tackle on DK, he had a surprisingly decent game. Hopefully the team will learn from the 20m lost from back chat to him. I liked the time in the first half when he admitted that he was wrong on the call arising from Henshaw's attempted rip. Normally I don't like him but he was good tonight
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

It was fantastic being in the RDS again, so great to have rugby back. Good win against a poor Benetton side (much changed lineup from last weeks win over Glasgow) that didn’t perform well.

Our back play want great but, given how early in the season it is, it’s not a worry at this point. Worth noting Goodman is a new coach who’ll need time to implement his vision.
Frawley was solid but not amazing and Ross played well wh n he came on but neither fixed the opposition defense which allowed it to drift and put pressure on our centres. One thing I noticed was that, although Foley wasn’t in the 9 slot for very long, the execution and speed of his pass was obviously better than Luke’s lobs. This gives the fly have a crucial extra split second.

I thought a lot of our kicking from hand was loose, particularly from Luke and JOB. This will have to tighten against sides who can hit us on the counter attack.

Sheehan was phenomenal, not just the tries, he was an attacking threat throughout, his darts were excellent and his work at the ruck was first rate.
Baird is a serious athlete and I think he’s well suited to blind side but the jury is still out on whether he’ll fulfill his potential. He threw one delicious pass towards the end. He needs games at 6 so hopefully he’ll get outings in ‘A’ matches to develop as a 6.

Match fitness sounds like a cliché but the guys who played last week were so much sharper (Kearney, JJ and Molony) whilst Josh VdF is a freak of nature. The team will be much better next week after this hit out.

The main negative is the injuries to Frawley, Connors and JOB. Hopefully nothing too serious.

Onwards to Kingspan for what will be a real test of where the team is.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

enby wrote: September 24th, 2022, 1:34 am Henshaw was really up for it tonight and put in a superb performance. Best of our backs by a long way although it is probably unfair to make a proper assessment of the backs with such an inconsistent service from Luke.
As has been mentioned by several others, Jenkins was very physical and I wonder if he helped the front row put in such a dominant performance. It seemed that we threw very little ball to him at lineouts, was it because his heft was needed in the maul? Having the wonderful Connors back is almost like a new signing. Let's hope he has a great season.
Finally, a word for Peyper. Apart from having to be told to give a penalty for the blatant early tackle on DK, he had a surprisingly decent game. Hopefully the team will learn from the 20m lost from back chat to him. I liked the time in the first half when he admitted that he was wrong on the call arising from Henshaw's attempted rip. Normally I don't like him but he was good tonight
The fact that he didn’t give a PT was absolutely ludicrous, like off the wall stupid.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I thought we did our jobs last night and got lots out of the game but one player who disappointed me was Big Mike. I’ll need to watch it back but I had him down for at least two missed clear outs that led to penalties against us. He just seems less accurate than the other lads so far this season.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I love Charlie Ngatai's "take no prisoners" attitude. That was some clearout shortly after he came on. He was probably lucky it was Jaco Peyper reffing. Certainly, our new inside centre brings not just skill to the party, but also "muscle", when it's needed.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Premier Sports advertising Leinster V Benetton all over the place but only showing Glasgow V Cardiff in its place both on live and on playback. Is this game anywhere to watch apart from URC highlights?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

outcast eddie wrote: September 24th, 2022, 11:29 am Premier Sports advertising Leinster V Benetton all over the place but only showing Glasgow V Cardiff in its place both on live and on playback. Is this game anywhere to watch apart from URC highlights?

Full match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdNrPRUioZ8&t=17s
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

riocard911 wrote: September 24th, 2022, 12:02 pm
outcast eddie wrote: September 24th, 2022, 11:29 am Premier Sports advertising Leinster V Benetton all over the place but only showing Glasgow V Cardiff in its place both on live and on playback. Is this game anywhere to watch apart from URC highlights?

Full match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdNrPRUioZ8&t=17s
Merci mon ami. :)
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Blue Man wrote: September 24th, 2022, 6:58 am One thing I noticed was that, although Foley wasn’t in the 9 slot for very long, the execution and speed of his pass was obviously better than Luke’s lobs. This gives the fly have a crucial extra split second.

100%.

He clearly looks like a 'made' 9 instead of a 'natural' one, but his wrist action (ooh matron) and where his hands finish when he's passing from the deck is textbook.

Really hope he gets more time in the saddle.

He's obviously a good athlete too, had a nice half break when playing on the wing.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

What was the "music" they came out to?

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

The Doc wrote: September 24th, 2022, 3:06 pm What was the "music" they came out to?

Forgettable by unknown artist
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

The Doc wrote: September 24th, 2022, 3:06 pm What was the "music" they came out to?

The music was very annoying last night and very loud.

I understand that they are trying new ideas in order to create an atmosphere and keep people in the ground before and after kickoff.

New bars etc....

The music though was a failure in my opinion.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

OTT wrote:

Forgettable by unknown artist
It was many things but "forgettable" wasn't one of them. It was like a soundtrack to some dystopian film. Not sure if it was just in the terrace where it was incredibly loud as well.

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Split (Only U) by Tiesto and The Chainsmokers according to Limecat's Shazaam
I have Bumbleflex
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

wixfjord wrote: September 24th, 2022, 1:14 pm He's obviously a good athlete too, had a nice half break when playing on the wing.
He started two games for Ireland U20 at No12 in the 2019 JWC [source: https://www.itsrugby.co.uk/player-zoom- ... arter.html ]. I think he used to play centre, and maybe outhalf as well, for St Gerards in school.