Zebre v Leinster Sat 17 Sep KO 1pm RTE2

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Serb
Mullet

Re: Zebre v Leinster Sat 17 Sep KO 1pm RTE2

Post by Serb »

6th try just got chalked off, terrible discipline costing them again. If they can clean that stuff up, they might actually be a good team this season.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Let's wait and see how Zebre perform against other teams. Personally, I was very impressed by their fitness, their aggression in possession and the enterprise and inventiveness of their backs.

Certainly, our defensive performance gave them lots of latitude in attack. However, their ill discipline gave us copious opportunities of attacking line-outs in the first half and we build a margin for error during that period.

This is almost a new franchise. 21 changes in their roster and only one warm-up game , in which they shipped 30+ points to Ealing Trailfinders, wasn't an ideal preparation for the home team. However, if they can replicate most of their good points against their upcoming opponents, Sharks, Munster, Stormers and Scarlets, we'll know that there are two serious Italian teams in this league.

I posted the above last weekend and it looks like my suspicion was well founded. Treviso tonight were fit and defended tenaciously. Possibly they could have grabbed another try but they are fit and game and have toughening up considerably. I look forward to reviewing the latest Zebre performance with 6 tries against the Sharks.
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

20 tries in their two games, Zebre seem to be the team to watch for entertainment.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Schumi wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 10:32 pm 20 tries in their two games, Zebre seem to be the team to watch for entertainment.
Zebrentertainment
Look out Itchy, he's Irish