Leinster Squad 22-23

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster Squad 22-23

Post by cormac »

blaker wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 3:15 pm Interesting that JGP is fit enough to play for Ireland this week
I suspect that himself and Keenan were probably fit enough to have played last weekend against Scarlets but Farrell didn't want them travelling to Wales. Had we been playing at home I've a sneaking suspicion that both would have played for Leinster.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

cormac wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 4:45 pm
blaker wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 3:15 pm Interesting that JGP is fit enough to play for Ireland this week
I suspect that himself and Keenan were probably fit enough to have played last weekend against Scarlets but Farrell didn't want them travelling to Wales. Had we been playing at home I've a sneaking suspicion that both would have played for Leinster.
Surely first and only game time of the season two weeks before taking on the Boks would have been worth their delay in joining the camp?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Leinster open training session in Tullow next Thursday (Nov 10th).

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/statu ... IuqRZy4aDw
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Would love to see us get POC in for a few weeks to work on our maul D.

If he can get the 4-8 that we had yesterday to defend like that against SA, then add in Jenkins & Conan/Baird/Rhys we should be well set against even the biggest club sides.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

It might be in feedback through McBryde/Leo but I'm pretty certain POC's job description is to be a salaried consultant to the provinces/20s/women just like any of the coaches when it is appropriate.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Jason Jenkins starting against Munster.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote: November 7th, 2022, 12:09 pm Jason Jenkins starting against Munster.
Predictable and frustrating.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

curates_egg wrote: November 7th, 2022, 1:05 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: November 7th, 2022, 12:09 pm Jason Jenkins starting against Munster.
It's because he has all their inside knowledge. :lol:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

blockhead wrote: November 7th, 2022, 1:08 pm
curates_egg wrote: November 7th, 2022, 1:05 pm
It's because he has all their inside knowledge. :lol:
As opposed to Rassie and Niemaber? :roll: :lol:
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Tadhg Furlong (ankle) is expected to take part in training this week while Ireland captain Johnny Sexton is recovering well from a dead leg.

From Friday night’s A game against the All Black XV, Ciaran Frawley suffered a twisted knee and will continue his rehab at Leinster. Joe McCarthy and Ryan Baird will continue their return to play protocols at Leinster.

Michael Milne, who featured against both the Pumas and the Cheetahs for Emerging Ireland in Bloemfontein, will train with the Ireland squad this week
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

I hear Frawley and Harry Byrne are having a competition to see who can spend the largest portion of their career injured.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Serb wrote: November 7th, 2022, 3:17 pm I hear Frawley and Harry Byrne are having a competition to see who can spend the largest portion of their career injured.
Frawley didn't look too bad but if he does end up being out for a while then suddenly we'll be a bit short at ten when Johnny is rested outside of the European games.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Ngatai in the Baa Baas squad unfortunately.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

curates_egg wrote: November 8th, 2022, 6:26 am Ngatai in the Baa Baas squad unfortunately.
why unfortunately?

Leinster arent playing a game, so I dont see the issue in him playing for the baa baas
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote: November 8th, 2022, 7:55 am
curates_egg wrote: November 8th, 2022, 6:26 am Ngatai in the Baa Baas squad unfortunately.
why unfortunately?

Leinster arent playing a game, so I dont see the issue in him playing for the baa baas
Because there is a risk he gets injured in a meaningless match that has no benefit for Leinster.

We sign players like him and Alalatoa and Jenkins to provide quality back-up for our Irish internationals - it is clearly not in Leinster's interest for them to be playing for (and risking injury with) other teams, even if it is totally understandable from their perspective, so I don't begrudge them.
I love the Baa Baas (unlike the Lions), but I would prefer if their sides included no Leinster players during the league season.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Could be a good thing to keep him ticking over and not be rusty after the break.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

curates_egg wrote: November 8th, 2022, 8:30 am
mildlyinterested wrote: November 8th, 2022, 7:55 am
why unfortunately?

Because there is a risk he gets injured in a meaningless match that has no benefit for Leinster.

We sign players like him and Alalatoa and Jenkins to provide quality back-up for our Irish internationals - it is clearly not in Leinster's interest for them to be playing for (and risking injury with) other teams, even if it is totally understandable from their perspective, so I don't begrudge them.
I love the Baa Baas (unlike the Lions), but I would prefer if their sides included no Leinster players during the league season.
what he said
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

I think Jenkins playing for some non-international Safa side against Munster is both more egregious and more likely to lead to an injury though.
Again, I don't begrudge him his opportunity. I would have much less of a deal with it if it were an actual international though.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

curates_egg wrote: November 8th, 2022, 1:52 pm I think Jenkins playing for some non-international Safa side against Munster is both more egregious and more likely to lead to an injury though.
Again, I don't begrudge him his opportunity. I would have much less of a deal with it if it were an actual international though.
They'll have to cast Alan Spicer to play him in the Gaiety when the play comes out