New CEO - Shane Nolan

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: New CEO - Shane Nolan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 5:17 pm I don't know if this is anything to do with him but I believe we're leaving Adidas next summer. Think it's Castore taking over but can't remember for sure, it's one of the brands that's starting to get big in football and I think it's that one.
a bigger bonus would be to scrap the exclusive deal with Lifestyle Sports - I've never been into a more obnoxiously run store
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 6:13 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 5:17 pm I don't know if this is anything to do with him but I believe we're leaving Adidas next summer. Think it's Castore taking over but can't remember for sure, it's one of the brands that's starting to get big in football and I think it's that one.
a bigger bonus would be to scrap the exclusive deal with Lifestyle Sports - I've never been into a more obnoxiously run store
I think they're losing that alright.
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

I really liked the Adidas gear. Boo.
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 6:13 pm
Agree, Lifestyle’s display, product placement, inventory / range all sh1t.

Elverys much better on Irish gear.

Don’t particularly like adidas, would rather return to Canterbury
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I just hope whoever we go with is much better at selling the shirt abroad

I can go into a Sports Direct in the UK and maybe find a Munster shirt, but never a Leinster top in the last few years. Last few shirts I've had to buy direct from Lifestyle and ship internationally - how much of a pain in the arse for the diaspora!

Never mind Adidas using their clout to get Munster Vs NZ and barely a peep from them for us.

Nice shirts, but so what if they won't push them?
Anyone But New Zealand
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

FLIP wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 9:42 pm
Never mind Adidas using their clout to get Munster Vs NZ and barely a peep from them for us.

Meh. Vanity fixtures that have been counterproductive. Playing NZ in 2008 was a highpoint, but they went downhill and the glory days were soon gone.

Even the Maori game was a brief high while Rassie was doing his thing and the team was grieving Foley.

This year Munster are 21 points off Leinster with 2 wins from 7, but they had a good day out in Cork. The empty seats from the 2 URC matches in Thomond are more than the extra capacity from picking and filling Pairc Ui Chaoimh over Thomond.

Fans are staying home for competitive fixtures and falling over themselves to get weak squads play exhibition matches at awkward times. I prefer it the other way around, have your big day out at the end of the season. Since 2008 Munster have had 4 big exhibitions in November: NZ, Oz, Maori, SA. Leinster have had 6 Heineken Cup finals.

The Cork game hasn't boosted Munster, it's sucked the life out of their season so far. The Aviva has an effect on the RDS, but at least it's one game in each competition and the day trippers see competitive rugby and strong teams.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

wixfjord wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:45 pm First glimpse of the new man -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH9xoSgAPKU

On RDS:
'We're really working hard on hopefully having something positive to announce in early 2023'
I'm super excited about Shane working super hard in his new role. He seems super excited and super enthusiastic about about the club. I expect he'll do a super good job and we'll all be super happy. Google must be super sad to lose him.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

deco wrote:

On RDS:
'We're really working hard on hopefully having something positive to announce in early 2023'
I'm super excited about Shane working super hard in his new role. He seems super excited and super enthusiastic about about the club. I expect he'll do a super good job and we'll all be super happy. Google must be super sad to lose him.
Super navan accent

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

FLIP wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 9:42 pm I just hope whoever we go with is much better at selling the shirt abroad

Anyone can go into any Charity Shop in the UK and maybe find a Munster shirt, but never a Leinster top in the last few years.

Last few shirts I've had to buy direct from Lifestyle and ship internationally - how much of a pain in the arse for the diaspora!

:idea: corrected that for ya...:shock: :!:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Heard that Castore rumour too and I really hope it's not true.

Would really cheapen the gear to have that logo on it.

We'd be joining Sarries, Scarlets and Quins in having them as kit sponsors.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Barry wrote: November 24th, 2022, 10:27 am
deco wrote:

On RDS:
Super navan accent

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Have to say I find it a bit weird that some of the reaction to this new appointment has been making snippy comments about him.

Was the same earlier in the year when it was mentioned.

Don't really get that mentality myself.

In particular you have had two cracks at him now. Some history there?!
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

I have no idea why someone would be negative about Shane Nolan. There is a lot of rugby knowledge in the club already (Easterby or Leo would be great as DOR or Head of Rugby). Where we have been poor is on the commercial, marketing, digital and sales side. That’s Shane’s sweet spot so he’s adding relevant expertise. The other key initiative is the stadium redevelopment and that’s quite advanced with the RDS an equal partner. I wish Shane the very best and hope he will be as successful as Mick was but by doing it his own way
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

Reading a set of accounts can be guesswork sometimes. Leinster don't publish their accounts anywhere. Ulster however do and its quiet interesting to review.

Some of the key headings under income for the last period are
Sponsorship 2.5 million
Professional game match income 3 million
Corporate stand income 1 million

Its not clear what is under each heading.

I'd guess that corporate stand income is corporate boxes and hospitality (maybe premium seats) and the professional game match income is general tickets. Corporate stand income would be an area that we aren't really competing at all.

Anyway Guy Esterby is head of Rugby Operations. The new CEO has to look after business stuff. We need a new shirt sponsor (current deal with BOI finishes at the end of 22/23. We are negotiating new jersey suppliers. The RDS redevelopment is being negotiated. Plenty of stuff going on with nothing to do with Rugby.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Blue Man wrote: November 24th, 2022, 9:19 pm I have no idea why someone would be negative about Shane Nolan. There is a lot of rugby knowledge in the club already (Easterby or Leo would be great as DOR or Head of Rugby). Where we have been poor is on the commercial, marketing, digital and sales side. That’s Shane’s sweet spot so he’s adding relevant expertise. The other key initiative is the stadium redevelopment and that’s quite advanced with the RDS an equal partner. I wish Shane the very best and hope he will be as successful as Mick was but by doing it his own way
+1
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

riocard911 wrote: November 25th, 2022, 9:14 am
Blue Man wrote: November 24th, 2022, 9:19 pm I have no idea why someone would be negative about Shane Nolan. There is a lot of rugby knowledge in the club already (Easterby or Leo would be great as DOR or Head of Rugby). Where we have been poor is on the commercial, marketing, digital and sales side. That’s Shane’s sweet spot so he’s adding relevant expertise. The other key initiative is the stadium redevelopment and that’s quite advanced with the RDS an equal partner. I wish Shane the very best and hope he will be as successful as Mick was but by doing it his own way
+1
+1
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

RDS are an awful lot more than "an equal partner". They own the facility and are expected to pony up to retain control over the asset or re-negotiate the Lease terms. Neither Leinster nor IRFU are able to fund the development independently
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Leinster Head Of Marketing & Commercial is taking up a new role as CEO Tennis Ireland.

https://www.tennisireland.ie/2023/01/31 ... e-officer/

Could be a good opportunity for the new CEO to find someone to accelerate things a bit and come in with fresh ideas.
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

Any development on that Castore to replace Adidas as our kit supplier rumour in the last while?

I see they are going to supply the kits to the Republic of Ireland association football teams.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Ray Donovan wrote: March 9th, 2023, 8:25 pm Any development on that Castore to replace Adidas as our kit supplier rumour in the last while?

I see they are going to supply the kits to the Republic of Ireland association football teams.
I hadn't heard that and would hope it isn't true.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

New chief commerical officer is ex Novartis and an ex Nure AIL player - https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matthew-do ... l-officer/