Pre-Season 2022/23

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Pre-Season 2022/23

Post by Twist »

Even still, you'd think the one warm-up game would get a mention. And even then, I'd expect the absence of a home game to be publicised too since they must know fans will be wondering about it.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

wixfjord wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 8:57 am Why are we so poor at notifying fans about pre-season games?

We're playing Quins in the Stoop on 2nd Sept seemingly, but has anything else been announced?

No details about how pre-season training is going since 26th July either.
Yeah, I've always gotten the feeling that if they could get away with no pre-season games they would. Stu/Leo are funny like like that. I would suggest that they think whatever they do in training is sufficient prep for league/cup matches and it's an environment that they can control (or at least have more control over). The downside is, that that from a PR side of things, I think they're missing an opportunity to hook up with the supporters.

I wouldn't be surprised is a late pre-season fixture was announced though to throw the supporters bone, so's to speak. if it was I'd expect it to be with one of the provinces (probably a bit late to organize that though) or one of the English Championship clubs.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

LeinsterLeader wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 10:41 am
wixfjord wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 8:57 am Why are we so poor at notifying fans about pre-season games?

We're playing Quins in the Stoop on 2nd Sept seemingly, but has anything else been announced?

Yeah, I've always gotten the feeling that if they could get away with no pre-season games they would. Stu/Leo are funny like like that. I would suggest that they think whatever they do in training is sufficient prep for league/cup matches and it's an environment that they can control (or at least have more control over). The downside is, that that from a PR side of things, I think they're missing an opportunity to hook up with the supporters.

I wouldn't be surprised is a late pre-season fixture was announced though to throw the supporters bone, so's to speak. if it was I'd expect it to be with one of the provinces (probably a bit late to organize that though) or one of the English Championship clubs.
I suppose they are hooking up with supporters in Athy, Longford and Kilkenny where the training sessions are being held. I agree though, from a general supporters point of view it was always nice to have an end of summer transition into the new season in Donnybrook.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

LeinsterLeader wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 10:41 am

They are doing 3 pre season trips to clubs. I'd call that a fair opportunity to connect with the supporters.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

If attending the Longford open training session tomorrow - Leinster arrive around 2.30, suggest that you get there early. Clubhouse will be open for lunch + full restaurant. Parking will be at Glennon Brothers Pearse Park, about 200-300 metres from the club.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

the spoofer wrote: August 24th, 2022, 10:11 am If attending the Longford open training session tomorrow - Leinster arrive around 2.30, suggest that you get there early. Clubhouse will be open for lunch + full restaurant. Parking will be at Glennon Brothers Pearse Park, about 200-300 metres from the club.
Could you ask them to move it to friday please, I'm busy tomorrow
I have Bumbleflex
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote: August 24th, 2022, 10:22 am
the spoofer wrote: August 24th, 2022, 10:11 am If attending the Longford open training session tomorrow - Leinster arrive around 2.30, suggest that you get there early. Clubhouse will be open for lunch + full restaurant. Parking will be at Glennon Brothers Pearse Park, about 200-300 metres from the club.
Could you ask them to move it to friday please, I'm busy tomorrow
So am I. Will try to make it but not sure I can :( :( :(
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Saw Ngatai recently in the flesh and couldn't get over how big he was. Looked like a backrower.

Which means Jason Jenkins is a very, very large man.

Hopefully both are getting a good run at pre-season as the physical make up of our players is very different to where both were last season imo.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

wixfjord wrote: August 25th, 2022, 11:15 am Image

Saw Ngatai recently in the flesh and couldn't get over how big he was. Looked like a backrower.

Which means Jason Jenkins is a very, very large man.

Hopefully both are getting a good run at pre-season as the physical make up of our players is very different to where both were last season imo.
I can confirm that Jenkins is an incredible specimen. A truly huge man.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Declan Darcy & Goodman both on field today too.

hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Vakh looking very big and very fit:
https://inpho.ie/assignment/lmCV2-eC9m6 ... db9nn6A..a
https://www.sportsfile.com/id/2321134/

Good to see. He's a player I hope that we will be able to use much more often this season.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

hugonaut wrote: August 26th, 2022, 7:13 am Vakh looking very big and very fit:
https://inpho.ie/assignment/lmCV2-eC9m6 ... db9nn6A..a
https://www.sportsfile.com/id/2321134/

Good to see. He's a player I hope that we will be able to use much more often this season.
Will Connors looks in good shape.JLO is injured at present. Hugo Keenan on media so not sure is he injured. Mikie Milne certainly has the size, will be interesting to see how he kicks on this season.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Really hope Connors comes back the same player. He was absolutely flying before the injury.

Would be good to have him as a foil for JVDF and an option at 6 too.

Am sure he'll be looking to force his way back into Irish squad also.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Ray Donovan wrote: July 18th, 2022, 6:35 pm Think that new jersey is the dogs bol*ix to be honest.

Definitely the best offering from Adidas so far. IMO of course.

If the socks were yellow hooped instead of white they would have nailed the full kit!

That's high praise
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Anyone else have issues with Lifestyle sports late to ship a pre-ordered jersey?

Been in touch with them three times this week for an update with no response or firm answer.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

This is a absolutely brilliant initiative but Leinster season ticket holders aren't going to travel to Longford in the middle of a work day to see this. Always thought the pre-season game was an opportunity to restart the season for the fans and to catch up with rugby mates before we eased back into the new season. Can't comment on how important it was from a playing perspective, other clubs continue to do it and it always seemed a good opportunity to bring through fringe players.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Harlequins live streaming their friendly v London Scottish tomorrow on their Facebook and Youtube channels, so fair chance the game next week will be a similar set up. The game in Dublin last year was live streamed by Harlequins.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

jimbobjoe wrote: August 26th, 2022, 11:26 am Anyone else have issues with Lifestyle sports late to ship a pre-ordered jersey?

Been in touch with them three times this week for an update with no response or firm answer.
Yes, not with jersey (which shipped immediately) but with other bits (which are late).

They did offer me a 15% discount because of it fwiw.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

wixfjord wrote: August 26th, 2022, 1:43 pm
jimbobjoe wrote: August 26th, 2022, 11:26 am Anyone else have issues with Lifestyle sports late to ship a pre-ordered jersey?

Yes, not with jersey (which shipped immediately) but with other bits (which are late).

They did offer me a 15% discount because of it fwiw.

that's a reasonable offer
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

Ruckedtobits wrote: August 26th, 2022, 9:47 am
Ray Donovan wrote: July 18th, 2022, 6:35 pm Think that new jersey is the dogs bol*ix to be honest.

Definitely the best offering from Adidas so far. IMO of course.

If the socks were yellow hooped instead of white they would have nailed the full kit!

That's high praise
And I stand over it!!!!