Pre-Season 2022/23

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Cian Healy

Re: Pre-Season 2022/23

Post by ronk »

Anyone know where to get the those training jerseys, in toddler sizes?
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

I see Cormac Daly in the training pics. Did Cormac not move to Connacht ? To be fair I haven't kept up whether he's played AIL last season? He was always a 'big unit''; looks even bigger. Another second row option?
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

desperado wrote: July 20th, 2022, 11:13 pm I see Cormac Daly in the training pics. Did Cormac not move to Connacht ? To be fair I haven't kept up whether he's played AIL last season? He was always a 'big unit''; looks even bigger. Another second row option?
Two spells at Connacht - once in their academy and then a short term deal in October 2020. He had a spell at RUNY in MLR as well.

He played for Clontarf last season, both at blindside and in the second row, and was MOTM in the AIL final as a No6. Always struck me as a good fit for Connacht, never understood why they let him go in the first place. A tough, hard-headed player who has good size and very reasonable athleticism.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I'd like to praise Leinster for a commendable lack of marketing gibberish around the new jersey launch - it says what it is, what it looks like, and how it's made.

No more rivers of swords flashing o'er the pale malarkey
I have Bumbleflex
the spoofer
Seán Cronin

Post by the spoofer »

hugonaut wrote: July 20th, 2022, 4:33 pm Is this McKee on the left of the photo? https://www.sportsfile.com/id/2296303/ Looking like a bit of a tank.

I am keen to see Jason Jenkins out there. He needs a Leinster pre-season more than anybody else in the squad. His last match was 03 June, which is more than six weeks ago now.
Probably injured!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Dave Cahill wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 12:30 pm I'd like to praise Leinster for a commendable lack of marketing gibberish around the new jersey launch - it says what it is, what it looks like, and how it's made.

No more rivers of swords flashing o'er the pale malarkey
Amen brother. They have got a hell of a lot right with that jersey and that release.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

hugonaut wrote: July 21st, 2022, 7:29 am
desperado wrote: July 20th, 2022, 11:13 pm I see Cormac Daly in the training pics. Did Cormac not move to Connacht ? To be fair I haven't kept up whether he's played AIL last season? He was always a 'big unit''; looks even bigger. Another second row option?
Two spells at Connacht - once in their academy and then a short term deal in October 2020. He had a spell at RUNY in MLR as well.

He played for Clontarf last season, both at blindside and in the second row, and was MOTM in the AIL final as a No6. Always struck me as a good fit for Connacht, never understood why they let him go in the first place. A tough, hard-headed player who has good size and very reasonable athleticism.
thanks Hugo.
the spoofer
Seán Cronin

Post by the spoofer »

the spoofer wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 1:06 pm
hugonaut wrote: July 20th, 2022, 4:33 pm Is this McKee on the left of the photo? https://www.sportsfile.com/id/2296303/ Looking like a bit of a tank.

I am keen to see Jason Jenkins out there. He needs a Leinster pre-season more than anybody else in the squad. His last match was 03 June, which is more than six weeks ago now.
Probably injured!
This was originally in jest but I see a photo of him and it looks like he has a broken finger!
wixfjord
Rob Kearney

Post by wixfjord »

Jenkins is doing gym work which is good to see. He needs a full pre-season with our S&C guys.

Good to see Cormac Foley & Harry training too.
the spoofer
Seán Cronin

Post by the spoofer »

Delighted to say that Leinster are doing a preseason country tour in August with open sessions in

Longford RFC 25/8
Kilkenny and Athy 26/8
wixfjord
Rob Kearney

Post by wixfjord »

Nice Ngatai highlights reel.

We're certainly getting a powerful centre with a big boot and a good kicking game.

https://youtu.be/dn3vjOdCPag

He'll be a very useful extra carrier against bigger sides. Himself & Lowe in the backline gives a lot of power.