Leinster v Bulls Friday RDS 19:35 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Leinster v Bulls Friday RDS 19:35 TG4

Post by wixfjord »

Confirmed for Friday at 7.35. Should be a good atmosphere.

Tough for Bulls to turn around in 6 days and come north.

Should be interesting to see how much they've evolved since the first game of the season.

Side I think we'll see, injury pending:

Keenan, Larmour, Ringer, Henshaw, Lowe, J10, JGP, Conan, VDF, Doris, Ryan, Molony, Furlong, Sheehan, Porter,

Cronin, Healy, Mike, McCarthy, Conan, McGrath, Ross, Frawley

Not sure if Lowe, J10, Keenan will be fit albeit, so could see JOB, Harry and ROL come into that backline. I assume Kelleher is out for a while.

Personally I'd start McCarthy and Rhys but can't see that being the case.
backrower8
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Bulls Friday RDS 19:35 TG4

Post by backrower8 »

Keenan is having surgery on his hand injury.

I presume you meant to have Rhys starting instead of Conan, who you have named twice.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Yet another late night Friday game for an Irish team FFS!
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

wixfjord wrote: June 4th, 2022, 9:43 pm Confirmed for Friday at 7.35. Should be a good atmosphere.

Should be interesting to see how much they've evolved since the first game of the season.

Keenan, Larmour, Ringer, Henshaw, Lowe, J10, JGP, Conan, VDF, Doris, Ryan, Molony, Furlong, Sheehan, Porter,

Not sure if Lowe, J10, Keenan will be fit albeit, so could see JOB, Harry and ROL come into that backline. I assume Kelleher is out for a while.

Frawley is surely a starter nowadays.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

outcast eddie wrote: June 5th, 2022, 10:05 am
wixfjord wrote: June 4th, 2022, 9:43 pm Confirmed for Friday at 7.35. Should be a good atmosphere.

Ahead of who though? I think our backline yesterday in first half looked a little underpowered without Henshaw and Lowe. Against the Bulls this may be a bigger issue.

So Robbie has to start for me.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote: June 5th, 2022, 10:40 am
outcast eddie wrote: June 5th, 2022, 10:05 am

Ahead of who though? I think our backline yesterday in first half looked a little underpowered without Henshaw and Lowe. Against the Bulls this may be a bigger issue.

So Robbie has to start for me.
We looked defensively a bit brittle in the 10/12 channel for sure.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

outcast eddie wrote: June 5th, 2022, 10:04 am Yet another late night Friday game for an Irish team FFS!
What’s so bad about that?
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

The late Friday slot seems to reserved mostly for Irish teams.

It's not ideal when I'm 2hrs ahead with early starts on Saturday.
Joeman
Beginner

Post by Joeman »

Anyone know where final will be held if Leinster win on Friday? Is the Aviva available that weekend?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

This will be a good test for our back three aerially. Looking at Bulls yesterday they seem to like a high ball.

Larmour in particular.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

A thing that struck me watching the Bulls vs the Sharks and the Stormers vs Edinburgh was, that the Saffer teams push up the defensive line so quickly, that the backs in ball possession quite regularly make use of chips through and kicks over the advancing defenders into no-man's land. This creates chaos in the oppositon backfield, with which both the Bulls and the Stormers in offence seem more than comfortable.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Joeman wrote: June 5th, 2022, 2:21 pm Anyone know where final will be held if Leinster win on Friday? Is the Aviva available that weekend?
The final will be in The RDS if it comes to it. We won't need to move as we're unlikely to need a bigger ground or have time to sell the volume of tickets needed for it to be viable.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

nc6000 wrote: June 5th, 2022, 3:58 pm
Joeman wrote: June 5th, 2022, 2:21 pm Anyone know where final will be held if Leinster win on Friday? Is the Aviva available that weekend?
The final will be in The RDS if it comes to it. We won't need to move as we're unlikely to need a bigger ground or have time to sell the volume of tickets needed for it to be viable.
We sold 40k for the Toulouse game in 6 days.

If it's Ulster in the final we should definitely use the Aviva.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Yep, I agree but that was for a European semi final. A final against Ulster should get a decent crowd but I don't see it being moved if it comes to it.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

It'll be the RDS and we'll struggle to sell it out.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

If we struggle to sell 19k odd tickets for a provincial derby URC final that would be a serious failure and there should be big questions asked.

I don't think that will be the case at all.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote: June 5th, 2022, 5:20 pm If we struggle to sell 19k odd tickets for a provincial derby URC final that would be a serious failure and there should be big questions asked.

I don't think that will be the case at all.
Nor do I. But by the same token, I think the Stormers in their own back yard are gonna do a job on the Ulstermen.

Were I the betting type, I'd be putting my money on the inaugural URC final being between Leinster and Stormers in Dublin. Should it come to pass, such a huge occasion should take place in the Aviva, IMO.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

We beat the Bulls 31-3 in the RDS in September, four tries to nil. The Bulls pack look very similar although the half-backs were on the bench. Some changes in the backline of the Bulls but largely the same 23. Hard to see how they've improved so much but that's typical of Jake White as a Coach. Beware the media hype that have us as favourites by a margin. This will be one we have to dig out a win.
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

Aviva hopefully. Nobody wants to go to the RDS it’s a kip. Aviva will attract a bigger crowd
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

ronk wrote: June 5th, 2022, 5:07 pm It'll be the RDS and we'll struggle to sell it out.
The reason it’ll struggle to sell out at the RDS is because nobody likes going there. Aviva will attract a bigger crowd