Leinster v Bulls Friday RDS 19:35 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Fireworks
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Bulls Friday RDS 19:35 TG4

Post by Fireworks »

Lots of good ideas someone should be researching or discussing. I think the brains trust has tried to make changes but there is probably a worry of changing the game too much and losing its identity.

My non speed related change would be at ruck time. I hate the tail being created to make the box kick easier. I think it is fine for the scrum half to free up the ball with his foot but once it is accessable then the next touch mean it is out. Might not work but I just hate this part of the game. Easiest way to enforce is once the ball is available enforce the 5 sec rule.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: Leinster v Bulls Friday RDS 19:35 TG4

Post by Dexter »

Fireworks wrote: June 15th, 2022, 10:52 am Lots of good ideas someone should be researching or discussing. I think the brains trust has tried to make changes but there is probably a worry of changing the game too much and losing its identity.

My non speed related change would be at ruck time. I hate the tail being created to make the box kick easier. I think it is fine for the scrum half to free up the ball with his foot but once it is accessable then the next touch mean it is out. Might not work but I just hate this part of the game. Easiest way to enforce is once the ball is available enforce the 5 sec rule.
The SH last Friday seemed to be taking ages to get the ball out of the ruck, 8 or 9 seconds? Maybe not but that's how it felt to me.
Dont Panic!