Leinster v Bulls Friday RDS 19:35 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Schumi
Enlightened

Re: Leinster v Bulls Friday RDS 19:35 TG4

Post by Schumi »

4 kickable penalties. 4 kicks to the corner. 4 lineouts lost.

That's what lost us the game. Kick even one of them or have a good catch and get a maul to rumble from even one of the lineouts and we win
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

Our biggest problems, Set piece, both scrum and lineout have been really really poor all season, a shadow of their former selves. In fairness McCarthy is new and has been good, but the rest of the second rows have been really average apart from 1-2 good performances. We havent unearthed a decent full back option and have relied on Keenan way too much, it showed today. Bulls well deserved their victory, and it was fitting that a legend like Steyn came on to finish us off, thought the ref was very harsh on the Bulls and they did brilliantly. Disappointed, I will cheer for Ulster tomorrow.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Schumi wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:32 pm 4 kickable penalties. 4 kicks to the corner. 4 lineouts lost.

That's what lost us the game. Kick even one of them or have a good catch and get a maul to rumble from even one of the lineouts and we win
🎯
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Schumi wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:32 pm 4 kickable penalties. 4 kicks to the corner. 4 lineouts lost.

Bingo.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Proud of the lads. Big effort from them. It wasn't their night and they haven't won anything for the season but they'll learn and improve.

It wasn't working for them with mistakes but the effort was certainly there and there were some huge hits. They came out to applaud the fans.

Gutted that we didn't win anything but I saw some of the best rugby I've ever seen this season and they have a great attitude.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Hoofhearted wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:22 pm That's the most disappointing performance I've seen this season.

I said after the La R game that power was our issue. I was right. Other posters on here poo pooed me saying it. I hope they can see it now.

We have lovely footballers, but no answer to powerful teams.

Extremely disappointing.

Questions need to be asked of the coaching ticket about their inability to see that the rest of us can. We are blessed to have Leo and Stu, but they are not beyond being questioned on this blind spot.

This is exactly how Ireland will exit the WC at the 1/4 final stage. Beaten up.
Maybe Rassie was on to something with his "The Irish are soft." Certainly that performance by Leinster will confirm that assessment for many if not all Saffers.
Atlas
Bookworm

Post by Atlas »

Lot of credit to the bulls defensive lineout today. They had their homework done and won the big moments.

We had enough opportunities to convert 5 meter lineouts but weren't good enough to do it.

Did Cronin even get off the bench?
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

enby wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:26 pm
carlow man wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:21 pm
enby wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:19 pm This one has to be put at the coachs' door. Picking Ross was a dreadful decision. It was a semi final
Ross isn't the reason we lost. We got bullied upfront. Again..
I agree with that but not picking your best players shows a degree of complacency bordering on arrogance
Agree there but think we missed a trick not picking molony. The guy deserved his chance tonight after the season he's had and then gets left out 2 weeks in a row. Rhys was more suited to this than Conan and doris should have started at 8. We are 3 players short of being the top dogs in Europe imo. Unless we spend big on a world class forward then I believe we will struggle in these arm wrestle type matches. Fair play to.the lads who got us this far though. Penny, Murphy and Osborne etc
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

carlow man wrote:Bit petty from sexton after the final whistle that he walks off in a strop. I get he's pissed off but the way he acts when he doesn't get his way is cringy to watch. Take the loss. Shake hands and move on. We were second best all night tonight..Well done bulls. Superb performance from them.
The f%~k are you on about. He shook hands
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

ronk wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:35 pm Proud of the lads. Big effort from them. It wasn't their night and they haven't won anything for the season but they'll learn and improve.

It wasn't working for them with mistakes but the effort was certainly there and there were some huge hits. They came out to applaud the fans.

Gutted that we didn't win anything but I saw some of the best rugby I've ever seen this season and they have a great attitude.
Nice to see a reasoned post. You can't win or play well every game. It was actually great to see the RDS roaring again due to a close game being played out.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

domhnallj wrote: June 10th, 2022, 9:37 pm
carlow man wrote:Bit petty from sexton after the final whistle that he walks off in a strop. I get he's pissed off but the way he acts when he doesn't get his way is cringy to watch. Take the loss. Shake hands and move on. We were second best all night tonight..Well done bulls. Superb performance from them.
Initially he walked away from the opposition players as the whistle sounded. If he turned around then I must have missed it. My bad.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Initially he walked away from the opposition players as the whistle sounded. If he turned around then I must have missed it. My bad.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

carlow man wrote:
He even did pics for some Bulls players who were looking for him
I have Bumbleflex
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Penalty try was a very hard call. Very hard

Jonny was posing for photos with some of their players. No way was he out of line.

Bulls are a fine side. Europe will be so much more difficult than ever next year with SA teams and Saracens in it
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

Post by Cheeses of Nazareth »

A big worry is that Ross Byrne and Luke McGrath just aren’t up to it. Luke can’t pass. Ross can’t threaten the line.

Lowe’s energy was really missed today. Johnny made a huge difference when he came on to our play and getting the crowd into it too.

Well deserved by the Bulls. We were second best all day. Cant win without a set piece. They destroyed our lineout and maul today.

On the positive side I thought Henshaw and Ringrose were excellent. McCarthy put in a good shift. VDF was excellent again.

Disappointing end to the season. Huge credit to hold out after half time and to keep plugging away at the end. We showed a lot of heart to get back into it with the ROL try. Can’t help but feel the game two weeks ago was the real end to the season though and not sure they players ever recovered from that.
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

Glass ceiling hit again?
That was appalling.
We got absolutely tuned by a capable and competent pack.
That’s 7/8 of the Irish pack - what is McBryde doing?
Leinster have a material problem that no amount of whipping the Dragons can hide
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

This place was wall to wall people complaining cause we kicked our penalties vs LAR. Kick to the corner, they said, play the way we’ve been playing all season they said. Now we go balls out and we should have been more conservative?

Will yis give over :lol:
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Very impressive interview with White. His point about the benefit of having a smaller panel was very interesting
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

congrats to the bulls..they blew us away completely.

a shame in a way that the URC teams may have to up their power game to compete with the SA contingent but it is clear from marseille and today that's the winning approach. no amount of flair or inventiveness can out gun a power game.
Last edited by MylesNaGapoleen on June 10th, 2022, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

Only going to get tougher too I think with the South African sides improving their squads and joining the European Cup.

Still think we need two quality NIQ signings in the pack but can’t see it happening. Going to be tough to pick up as many points during international periods or when internationals are being rested given the amount retiring/moving on.

As for the tour to NZ coming up, as much as it’s enjoyable watching Ireland test themselves against the other big nations and these tours are important commercially, can’t help but think a long summer off is what a lot of these lads needs as opposed to a gruelling tour.