Leinster v Glasgow URC Q/F Sat 4th June 15:15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Glasgow URC Q/F Sat 4th June 15:15

Post by The Doc »

ronk wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 9:12 am Am I right in thinking that the seeding for next years HC comes from the QF, Sf and Final results of the URC and not the league places? In other words if Glasgow win the whole thing they'll be seeded first despite having come 8th in the URC table.
No.
Show Spoiler:
SEEDING

2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup draw

(4.) The seeding for the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup draw will be determined as follows:

(4.1) the winner of the Final Match will be first seed;

(4.2) the runner-up in the Final Match will be second seed (provided that the runner-up has qualified for the EPCR Heineken Champions Cup in accordance with paragraphs 2-4, above);

(4.3) the remaining seeds will be determined by the order that the EPCR Heineken Champions Cup qualifiers finished in the final Standing League Table.
That states that whoever wins the final is first seed and loser is second seed. It's only the minor seeds that are determined by league

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

LeinsterLeader wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 10:06 am Yeah what brought into my head was this......... if Leinster are feeling sorry for themselves over last Saturday (indeed we all are) and they are looking to put it right for next season at the Aviva I would imagine that the coaching staff would be reminding them that the 'road back' starts on Saturday. Losing on Saturday will likely give us a more difficult draw and thus a more difficult path back to the final.

So while a lot of people are feeling they just can't get up for this after last week, I think we have to. Next years HC starts on Saturday.

Anyway, that's Just the Thursday musing of a sad individual :D
TBH I don't really get that mindset at all. This season has a pot to aim for. We need to win on Saturday to keep that going. This season is a long way from over.

If you think a tin cup isn't worth pushing yourself for, professional sport isn't for you. That's the mindset I understand.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

So we can be ranked 1st 2nd or 3rd for next years Heino. That means home and away to two bottom ranked french and english teams (if we get to the final), or same against the third ranked versions (if we fail to make final).

If we make the final that's either the Not Nots or Exeter from the Prem, and hard to say for the French but one of Lyon, Clermont, Racing or even La Roch. And that's if we make the final. So as top seed you could be looking at Exeter and La Roch. Jaysus!
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

Degz wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 10:59 am And that's if we make the final. So as top seed you could be looking at Exeter and La Roch. Jaysus!
Ouch!!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Ray Donovan wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 11:58 am
Degz wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 10:59 am And that's if we make the final. So as top seed you could be looking at Exeter and La Roch. Jaysus!
Ouch!!
Got to honest, I would love to get LAR in the RDS/Aviva. I know there is a certain insanity in that but I just think that would be a brilliant atmosphere. I realize it means we'd have to go their too but I'd still take it.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

LeinsterLeader wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 12:05 pm
Ouch!!
Got to honest, I would love to get LAR in the RDS/Aviva. I know there is a certain insanity in that but I just think that would be a brilliant atmosphere. I realize it means we'd have to go their too but I'd still take it.
Me too. We owe them one, big time...
Dont Panic!
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Ouch!!
LOL. I was just absentmindedly saying to a mate yesterday that I would love an away trip to La Rochelle next year. The welcome would be great, and it's a lovely town...and then I realised we'd have to play them there too. Eff that!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Ouch!!
Think we all feel like we'd love that. We had the beating of them but didn't deliver so we owe them and ourselves something. Obviously got to get there though, the saffer teams coming in will make this the hardest champions cup to win ever which is great for the tournament!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

ronk wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 9:24 am
LeinsterLeader wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 9:12 am Am I right in thinking that the seeding for next years HC comes from the QF, Sf and Final results of the URC and not the league places? In other words if Glasgow win the whole thing they'll be seeded first despite having come 8th in the URC table.
No.
Show Spoiler:
SEEDING

2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup draw

(4.) The seeding for the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup draw will be determined as follows:

(4.1) the winner of the Final Match will be first seed;

(4.2) the runner-up in the Final Match will be second seed (provided that the runner-up has qualified for the EPCR Heineken Champions Cup in accordance with paragraphs 2-4, above);

(4.3) the remaining seeds will be determined by the order that the EPCR Heineken Champions Cup qualifiers finished in the final Standing League Table.
Ronk: where did you get that ? I can't see it on the EPCR website (in the Format dropdown the Rules are still the 21/22 'rules' , and the "Qualification" while it's for 22/23 just shows the numbers from each league).
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ah I see. Your first mistake was looking on the wrong website, your 2nd was looking for anything on the EPRC website.
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Degz wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 10:59 am So we can be ranked 1st 2nd or 3rd for next years Heino. That means home and away to two bottom ranked french and english teams (if we get to the final), or same against the third ranked versions (if we fail to make final).

If we make the final that's either the Not Nots or Exeter from the Prem, and hard to say for the French but one of Lyon, Clermont, Racing or even La Roch. And that's if we make the final. So as top seed you could be looking at Exeter and La Roch. Jaysus!
I would love to play LAR again. We were poor and they scraped a 3 point win. It would be a great opportunity to set the record straight; home and away
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

ronk wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 4:25 pm Ah I see. Your first mistake was looking on the wrong website, your 2nd was looking for anything on the EPRC website.
:happy clapper: :lol: :lol:
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Blue Man wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 9:20 pm
Degz wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 10:59 am So we can be ranked 1st 2nd or 3rd for next years Heino. That means home and away to two bottom ranked french and english teams (if we get to the final), or same against the third ranked versions (if we fail to make final).

I would love to play LAR again. We were poor and they scraped a 3 point win. It would be a great opportunity to set the record straight; home and away
Oh so would I, my point was the ridiculously difficult draw you could get as top seed from the URC.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Strong Team that!

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Like the look of that side. Clear now that Hugo & Lowe were both carrying knocks too.

Looking forward to seeing how Big Joe goes in a knockout game from the start. Bench has a good bit of impact too.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Is Baird now being seen as predominately a 6 in coaches eyes I wonder?

With McCarthy/Jenkins/Molony/Ryan we're looking more deep at second row for next year and maybe the decision has been made to let him play a more natural wide game at 6 than try to force him into a tigher second row role?
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

wixfjord wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 12:09 pm Is Baird now being seen as predominately a 6 in coaches eyes I wonder?

With McCarthy/Jenkins/Molony/Ryan we're looking more deep at second row for next year and maybe the decision has been made to let him play a more natural wide game at 6 than try to force him into a tigher second row role?
Starting to get excited about this one now ... Memory of last week salved :)
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

Post by Cheeses of Nazareth »

Really like the look of that team and especially the back row and second row. Can’t wait to see the lads retake the pitch.