Leinster v Glasgow URC Q/F Sat 4th June 15:15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Leinster v Glasgow URC Q/F Sat 4th June 15:15

Post by Oldschool »

Leinsterimp wrote: June 4th, 2022, 3:30 pm Gibson-Park will be getting offers for the lead in the pantomime at Christmas
Close to a red. Stiff arm
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Leinsterimp wrote: June 4th, 2022, 3:30 pm Gibson-Park will be getting offers for the lead in the pantomime at Christmas
Oh no, he won’t.

All you do on here is wum: I presume you’re the new profile a wum that was previously
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Very mixed performance despite the score.

Lots of sloppiness, passing is poor and backline missing a bit of power.

Henshaw will help a lot there.

I forgot Baird was playing for the first 30.

Joe McCarthy & Sheehan very powerful in the maul.

Larmour did so well to hold up Brown, big turnover. In open play he's looking really dangerous too.

Hopefully we remove the errors in second half and things start to flow a bit. Glasgow are muck.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote: June 4th, 2022, 4:02 pm Very mixed performance despite the score.

Lots of sloppiness, passing is poor and backline missing a bit of power.

Henshaw will help a lot there.

I forgot Baird was playing for the first 30.

Joe McCarthy & Sheehan very powerful in the maul.

Larmour did so well to hold up Brown, big turnover. In open play he's looking really dangerous too.

Hopefully we remove the errors in second half and things start to flow a bit. Glasgow are muck.
Team needed the type of lift Larmour is giving them.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

Oldschool wrote: June 4th, 2022, 3:43 pm
Close to a red. Stiff arm
Not disagreeing it was a penalty and yellow, still remains that he took a dramatic dive a second or after the contact
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Much better second half, particularly first 15 we blew them away.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Getting a bit embarrassing. If it was a schoolboys match the coach would be asking the ref to blow it early.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Was embarrassing a long time ago.

That chase back and tackle by Frawley was outstanding. When so far ahead he could have just let him score.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Avenger wrote: June 4th, 2022, 4:55 pm Was embarrassing a long time ago.

That chase back and tackle by Frawley was outstanding. When so far ahead he could have just let him score.
Hubert Cahill described the crowd's cheer as sarcastic for Frawley's tackle, which it certainly wasn't. He's often so unnecessarily negative
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Why don’t the player of the match winners wear the medals?
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

McGrath's passing was really substandard. I followed about 6 or 7 in a row and only 1 was acceptable.

JGP had a few really dodgy ones too.

Along with lineout throwing some questions about specific positional skillsets there.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

After a quiet start, that was some blowout! Just the thing to get the lads' confidence back up for the upcoming semi vs the Bulls. I was particularly impressed by Larmour, Sheehan, McCarthy and Frawley. Our lineouts may have gone to pot in the second half, but the improvement in our scrum from struggling initially to totally dominant by the second half was heartening.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

riocard911 wrote: June 4th, 2022, 5:08 pm After a quiet start, that was some blowout! Just the thing to get the lads' confidence back up for the upcoming semi vs the Bulls. I was particularly impressed by Larmour, Sheehan, McCarthy and Frawley. Our lineouts may have gone to pot in the second half, but the improvement in our scrum from struggling initially to totally dominant by the second half was heartening.
It's a nice confidence boost but it may be a lot more reflective of Glasgow's effort rather than Leinster technical improvement.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Lovely to see Larmour running circles around people and Doris was carrying for fun by the end. But honestly not too sure what to make of it all, Glasgow absolutely atrocious and their off the ball work rate was non existent leaving endless space for us. Harlem globe trotters by the end.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Laighin Break wrote: June 4th, 2022, 5:03 pm
Avenger wrote: June 4th, 2022, 4:55 pm Was embarrassing a long time ago.

Hubert Cahill described the crowd's cheer as sarcastic for Frawley's tackle, which it certainly wasn't. He's often so unnecessarily negative
Was chatting to him after the match, he’s good craic. He had to talk about that game for 80 minutes and it was over after 40
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Morf wrote: June 4th, 2022, 5:05 pm McGrath's passing was really substandard. I followed about 6 or 7 in a row and only 1 was acceptable.

Along with lineout throwing some questions about specific positional skillsets there.
Yeah, he just can’t get it right.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Morf wrote: June 4th, 2022, 5:05 pm McGrath's passing was really substandard. I followed about 6 or 7 in a row and only 1 was acceptable.

Glad someone else mentioned it first lest I be accused of bias. Jaysus he threw some shockers to the ground and player's bootlaces under little pressure.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote: June 4th, 2022, 5:42 pm

Glad someone else mentioned it first lest I be accused of bias. Jaysus he threw some shockers to the ground and player's bootlaces under little pressure.
I have your back. :lol: :lol: :lol:
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Is there a draw for the HEC or do we face bottom seeds from France and emgland?
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Cormac Foley and Ben Murphy both look like they might be very good as longer-term 9 options. We need them.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!