A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Glasgow URC Q/F Sat 4th June 15:15

Post by neill_m »

LeinsterLeader wrote: May 31st, 2022, 6:59 pm
dougie the flanker wrote: May 31st, 2022, 12:55 pm
I think across the board there seems to be a bit of apathy towards these matches. A lot of Leinster fans are probably drained financially and emotionally and are banking on an easy win before rallying back around for the Semi Final and Final.

There's still a fair few tickets left for Ulster vs Munster in Ravenhill and that only holds 17k.
Just looking at the tickets for the Ulster V Mun game. 115 Pounds for a Premium Ticket! :shock:

Surly that's OTT for a QF?
The full range of adult ticket prices for context for Ulster v Munster are (Ticketmaster fees not included, for example a Promenade ticket was £32.75 including fees):

Family Terrace £25
Memorial Terrace £28
Promeande / East Terrace £30
Family Stand £35
Memorial Stand £38
Grandstand £50
A&L Lounge £115

The Lounge tickets are effectively corporate tickets, the Grandstand ones would be closer to Premium Tickets. The hotel prices in Belfast on Friday night are telephone numbers, a quick search on hotels dot com, showing cheapest in City Centre just short of £200/night. In terms of local take up, it is the Jubilee Platinum Holiday Weekend, so people have made plans, but some people not happy with prices. They are the same prices as for a Heineken Cup game / inter pro during the season mind if you don't have a Season Ticket.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Degz wrote: June 1st, 2022, 9:52 am Bad feeling that this season has the bang of 2017 off it. Heads down after a heartbreaking close loss in Europe then and ambushed by Scarlets in the league.
Don't really see it to be honest. We're a much stronger squad than we were then and not sure anyone is showing the level of form that Scarlets were in 2017. Glasgow have lost their last four games (all away to Stormers, Bulls, Lyon and Edinburgh).

We recovered from the disappointment of losing the final in 2019 to beat Munster comfortably enough a week later.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

cormac wrote: June 1st, 2022, 11:39 am
Degz wrote: June 1st, 2022, 9:52 am Bad feeling that this season has the bang of 2017 off it. Heads down after a heartbreaking close loss in Europe then and ambushed by Scarlets in the league.
Don't really see it to be honest. We're a much stronger squad than we were then and not sure anyone is showing the level of form that Scarlets were in 2017. Glasgow have lost their last four games (all away to Stormers, Bulls, Lyon and Edinburgh).

We recovered from the disappointment of losing the final in 2019 to beat Munster comfortably enough a week later.
The Bulls are eight from nine which is pretty damn good form though.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

I'd like to think by mixing it up a fair bit this weekend we can overcome the depression by virtue of new bodies looking to prove themselves, but a Saffer side on a bit of a roll in the semi would be a real challenge.
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

Post by Cheeses of Nazareth »

Degz wrote: June 1st, 2022, 2:11 pm I'd like to think by mixing it up a fair bit this weekend we can overcome the depression by virtue of new bodies looking to prove themselves, but a Saffer side on a bit of a roll in the semi would be a real challenge.
Exactly what we need though
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Cheeses of Nazareth wrote: June 1st, 2022, 2:21 pm
Degz wrote: June 1st, 2022, 2:11 pm I'd like to think by mixing it up a fair bit this weekend we can overcome the depression by virtue of new bodies looking to prove themselves, but a Saffer side on a bit of a roll in the semi would be a real challenge.
Exactly what we need though
Exactly what this group needed a few weeks ago. Management trusted almost none of those that actually did go to South Africa and got tested though.
grahamwa
Beginner

Post by grahamwa »

fourthirtythree wrote: June 1st, 2022, 11:21 am
To be fair Scarlets were playing the best rugby in the league that year. Their form after Christmas was unbelievable.

I haven't seen much of Glasgow recently, what's their form like?
As a Glasgow supporter I will answer that. It's been shite! I expect you'll batter us.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

grahamwa wrote: June 1st, 2022, 5:22 pm
fourthirtythree wrote: June 1st, 2022, 11:21 am
To be fair Scarlets were playing the best rugby in the league that year. Their form after Christmas was unbelievable.

I haven't seen much of Glasgow recently, what's their form like?
As a Glasgow supporter I will answer that. It's been shite! I expect you'll batter us.
We'll pass on your comments to the team and let them know that they're red hot favourites and only have to show up to win.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

JohnB wrote: June 1st, 2022, 10:01 am After the huge disappointment to them of the Marseille result the lads need to reposition themselves psychologically and the best way to do that would be a determined run at retaining the League title. We the supporters need to play our part as much as we can, by parking the disappointment, by not marginalising the importance of the League title and by attending the URC knock out games as much as we can allowing for expense or logistical obstacles. I really believe that we would not have won our first HEC title in 2009 if we had not positioned ourselves by winning the League title in 2008.
I agree with you 100%. I love the league!

This year there is a little extra spice because we're going for five in a row and we've got the South Africans [with a lot of big-talking fans] to contend with.

We had the Blue Balls early on in the year and put them in their box, but they were full of excuses after that. We sent a team of nippers down to Natal and Western Province and they tried to rough our lads up a bit.

In the meantime, we've got to deal with Glasgow, who have given us a few problems in the past. We've had some tasty games against them. It's been a long time since we have been in the RDS, and I'm really looking forward to it.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Doing five-in-a-row in a domestic league is a huge achievement. Historic and rarely done in any top-level league, in any sport, in history. Loads still to play for this season.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

neiliog93 wrote: June 1st, 2022, 8:47 pm Doing five-in-a-row in a domestic league is a huge achievement. Historic and rarely done in any top-level league, in any sport, in history. Loads still to play for this season.
8 teams still in it. It's a long way away.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

hugonaut wrote:

... the Blue Balls...

Very good

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I love the league, it offers so much. Big derbies, fresh challenges and a great way to develop players. It would be better if we could replace the whinging Welsh.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

the spoofer wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 8:25 am I love the league, it offers so much. Big derbies, fresh challenges and a great way to develop players. It would be better if we could replace the whinging Welsh.
The French did some pretty good whinging over Omicron, the difference is we weren't able to ignore them.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

The great strength the French is their unabashed chauvinism, they don’t care about how they’re perceived they just don’t.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Am I right in thinking that the seeding for next years HC comes from the QF, Sf and Final results of the URC and not the league places? In other words if Glasgow win the whole thing they'll be seeded first despite having come 8th in the URC table.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeinsterLeader wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 9:12 am Am I right in thinking that the seeding for next years HC comes from the QF, Sf and Final results of the URC and not the league places? In other words if Glasgow win the whole thing they'll be seeded first despite having come 8th in the URC table.
No.
Show Spoiler:
SEEDING

2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup draw

(4.) The seeding for the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup draw will be determined as follows:

(4.1) the winner of the Final Match will be first seed;

(4.2) the runner-up in the Final Match will be second seed (provided that the runner-up has qualified for the EPCR Heineken Champions Cup in accordance with paragraphs 2-4, above);

(4.3) the remaining seeds will be determined by the order that the EPCR Heineken Champions Cup qualifiers finished in the final Standing League Table.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

ronk wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 9:24 am
LeinsterLeader wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 9:12 am Am I right in thinking that the seeding for next years HC comes from the QF, Sf and Final results of the URC and not the league places? In other words if Glasgow win the whole thing they'll be seeded first despite having come 8th in the URC table.
No.
Show Spoiler:
SEEDING

2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup draw

(4.) The seeding for the 2022/23 EPCR Heineken Champions Cup draw will be determined as follows:

(4.1) the winner of the Final Match will be first seed;

(4.2) the runner-up in the Final Match will be second seed (provided that the runner-up has qualified for the EPCR Heineken Champions Cup in accordance with paragraphs 2-4, above);

(4.3) the remaining seeds will be determined by the order that the EPCR Heineken Champions Cup qualifiers finished in the final Standing League Table.
Ah that seems fair enough. Cheers
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

But you're correct that if Glasgow win the final they qualify for the HC as first seed, displacing Munster.

If Glasgow beat us they'd get a home semi too, so it's not that far fetched if we don't perform.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Yeah what brought into my head was this......... if Leinster are feeling sorry for themselves over last Saturday (indeed we all are) and they are looking to put it right for next season at the Aviva I would imagine that the coaching staff would be reminding them that the 'road back' starts on Saturday. Losing on Saturday will likely give us a more difficult draw and thus a more difficult path back to the final.

So while a lot of people are feeling they just can't get up for this after last week, I think we have to. Next years HC starts on Saturday.

Anyway, that's Just the Thursday musing of a sad individual :D