Leinster v Glasgow URC Q/F Sat 4th June 15:15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Blueberry
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Glasgow URC Q/F Sat 4th June 15:15

Post by Blueberry »

ronk wrote: May 31st, 2022, 9:45 pm Emotionally it's tougher to lose a final than a semi. Really felt that it was our year, it's hard to have hopes dashed.

It's taking time to process. In the moment it felt that they had underperformed and had an off day. As I reflect I think it's more that other years we got the bounce of the ball and this we didn't. La Rochelle were excellent and it was a good close final. Would feel like an injustice for either team to lose.
I do think we played (understandably) tighter and with less ambition than we have for the rest of the season, the lengthy debates on here earlier on 3 v 7 have covered that well. Ultimately that is a touch disappointing and also entirely understandable as finals are tough, we were away in France, LAR played very well etc etc. Totally agree one bounce the other way or one knock on and we go home happy and no major postmortem.

The learning no doubt is to close out these incredibly tough games with a touch more ambition and stay on our game and true to what we have been doing all season. I am sure this will be discussed and put into the memory banks.

Ultimately that is what it is all about.

When is the HEC DRAW for next year , can't wait for it to begin all over again...... :D
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

And sorry back to the topic at hand....would love to see Frawley start at 10 v Glasgow !!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Blueberry wrote: May 31st, 2022, 9:55 pm
ronk wrote: May 31st, 2022, 9:45 pm Emotionally it's tougher to lose a final than a semi. Really felt that it was our year, it's hard to have hopes dashed.

It's taking time to process. In the moment it felt that they had underperformed and had an off day. As I reflect I think it's more that other years we got the bounce of the ball and this we didn't. La Rochelle were excellent and it was a good close final. Would feel like an injustice for either team to lose.
I do think we played (understandably) tighter and with less ambition than we have for the rest of the season, the lengthy debates on here earlier on 3 v 7 have covered that well. Ultimately that is a touch disappointing and also entirely understandable as finals are tough, we were away in France, LAR played very well etc etc. Totally agree one bounce the other way or one knock on and we go home happy and no major postmortem.

The learning no doubt is to close out these incredibly tough games with a touch more ambition and stay on our game and true to what we have been doing all season. I am sure this will be discussed and put into the memory banks.

Ultimately that is what it is all about.

When is the HEC DRAW for next year , can't wait for it to begin all over again...... :D
The lesson from Saturday may not be what we need next time. We often didn't use our advantage well. That's an easier and more applicable lesson.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Blueberry wrote: May 31st, 2022, 9:57 pm And sorry back to the topic at hand....would love to see Frawley start at 10 v Glasgow !!
I'd like to see Ross get another chance at 10 and Frawley to play at 12. We will be needing a good 12.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Harry for me. We need to decide who to back. Can't keep rotating our 10s. Harry is the better player overall. Ross place kicking is the only thing that sets him apart from Harry.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Personally I think frawley is the 2nd best 10 in the country but it seems he's not in cullens or farrells thinking as a 10 which is quite bizarre. Ideally I'd have him at 10 but him alongside Harry is exciting to watch.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Playing Frawley at 12 outside Ross/Harry gives us something different in attack and nicely compliments whichever out half is on the pitch.

A Frawley/Henshaw 10/12 would be interesting, have we seen that as a starting combination yet?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

carlow man wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:14 pm Personally I think frawley is the 2nd best 10 in the country but it seems he's not in cullens or farrells thinking as a 10 which is quite bizarre. Ideally I'd have him at 10 but him alongside Harry is exciting to watch.
He appears more suited to how we want to play than Ross, and is performing consistently. Harry was decent in his last game but that was his best performance in this stop-start season.
dougie the flanker
Learner

Post by dougie the flanker »

LeinsterLeader wrote: May 31st, 2022, 6:59 pm
dougie the flanker wrote: May 31st, 2022, 12:55 pm
I think across the board there seems to be a bit of apathy towards these matches. A lot of Leinster fans are probably drained financially and emotionally and are banking on an easy win before rallying back around for the Semi Final and Final.

There's still a fair few tickets left for Ulster vs Munster in Ravenhill and that only holds 17k.
Just looking at the tickets for the Ulster V Mun game. 115 Pounds for a Premium Ticket! :shock:

Surly that's OTT for a QF?
I hadn't even checked. With a Friday night kickoff you need to overnight in Belfast which makes it big money especially on a Jubilee Bank Holiday in UK.

Limerick is a 5 hour drive from Belfast. Cork is closer to 7.

Just a non runner. But I had been wondering about lack of local uptake. Those prices explain it.
dougie the flanker
Learner

Post by dougie the flanker »

curates_egg wrote: June 1st, 2022, 5:56 am
carlow man wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:14 pm Personally I think frawley is the 2nd best 10 in the country but it seems he's not in cullens or farrells thinking as a 10 which is quite bizarre. Ideally I'd have him at 10 but him alongside Harry is exciting to watch.
He appears more suited to how we want to play than Ross, and is performing consistently. Harry was decent in his last game but that was his best performance in this stop-start season.
I think getting him game time is the big thing for now. There will be a big bunfight for that 10 Jersey after the RWC.

Frawley having racked up maybe 100 caps by then for Leinster will help his case hugely. There's always been a lot of 10s that started out in other positions.

Harry Byrne seems to be accepted as the heir but I like Frawley a lot.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

carlow man wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:12 pm Harry for me. We need to decide who to back. Can't keep rotating our 10s. Harry is the better player overall. Ross place kicking is the only thing that sets him apart from Harry.
+1
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Is Tommy O'Brien out for the rest of the season? I'd love to see himself and Larmour in the mix for this one if TOB is fit
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

RoboProp wrote: June 1st, 2022, 9:38 am Is Tommy O'Brien out for the rest of the season? I'd love to see himself and Larmour in the mix for this one if TOB is fit
ACL. He'll be half of next season too, at least.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

dougie the flanker wrote: June 1st, 2022, 8:22 am
LeinsterLeader wrote: May 31st, 2022, 6:59 pm
dougie the flanker wrote: May 31st, 2022, 12:55 pm
I think across the board there seems to be a bit of apathy towards these matches. A lot of Leinster fans are probably drained financially and emotionally and are banking on an easy win before rallying back around for the Semi Final and Final.

There's still a fair few tickets left for Ulster vs Munster in Ravenhill and that only holds 17k.
Just looking at the tickets for the Ulster V Mun game. 115 Pounds for a Premium Ticket! :shock:

Surly that's OTT for a QF?
I hadn't even checked. With a Friday night kickoff you need to overnight in Belfast which makes it big money especially on a Jubilee Bank Holiday in UK.

Limerick is a 5 hour drive from Belfast. Cork is closer to 7.

Just a non runner. But I had been wondering about lack of local uptake. Those prices explain it.
Musgrave Park to Ravenhill is less than 4 1/2 hours. Limerick to Ravenhill is less than 4.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Bad feeling that this season has the bang of 2017 off it. Heads down after a heartbreaking close loss in Europe then and ambushed by Scarlets in the league.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

After the huge disappointment to them of the Marseille result the lads need to reposition themselves psychologically and the best way to do that would be a determined run at retaining the League title. We the supporters need to play our part as much as we can, by parking the disappointment, by not marginalising the importance of the League title and by attending the URC knock out games as much as we can allowing for expense or logistical obstacles. I really believe that we would not have won our first HEC title in 2009 if we had not positioned ourselves by winning the League title in 2008.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

dougie the flanker wrote: June 1st, 2022, 8:26 am
curates_egg wrote: June 1st, 2022, 5:56 am
I think getting him game time is the big thing for now. There will be a big bunfight for that 10 Jersey after the RWC.

Frawley having racked up maybe 100 caps by then for Leinster will help his case hugely. There's always been a lot of 10s that started out in other positions.

Harry Byrne seems to be accepted as the heir but I like Frawley a lot.
There's probably room for both giving likely international demand
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

riocard911 wrote: June 1st, 2022, 9:33 am
carlow man wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:12 pm Harry for me. We need to decide who to back. Can't keep rotating our 10s. Harry is the better player overall. Ross place kicking is the only thing that sets him apart from Harry.
+1
I agree that we need to make a decision and stick to it but I can't say that I've see na body of work to suggest that Harry is a better player overall.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

joooooe wrote: May 30th, 2022, 8:15 pm
Serb wrote: May 30th, 2022, 7:10 pm Taking of Porridge, I was down by the port in Marseille before the game and Devin Toner was there taking pictures with the fans. A lad walked up to him to get a photo and Toner duly obliged but right after he turned to him and said, “f%~k off!”

I was wondering what happened there until I realised it was Will Connors. Toner didn’t recognise him at first Image

With James Lowe not being able to remember his actual name during an interview, seems like he’s not the most memorable man.
That's an amazing story! :lol:
Saw Dev down there and he was crammed onto the metro with a couple of other players and the rest of us. Bit of a difference from premier league football!!!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Degz wrote: June 1st, 2022, 9:52 am Bad feeling that this season has the bang of 2017 off it. Heads down after a heartbreaking close loss in Europe then and ambushed by Scarlets in the league.
To be fair Scarlets were playing the best rugby in the league that year. Their form after Christmas was unbelievable.

I haven't seen much of Glasgow recently, what's their form like?