Leinster v Glasgow URC Q/F Sat 4th June 15:15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Lock9541
Graduate

Re: Leinster v Glasgow URC Q/F Sat 4th June 15:15

Post by Lock9541 »

dougie the flanker wrote: May 31st, 2022, 12:55 pm
Colmodon wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:42 am Judging by ticketmaster we are in for an embarrassing attendance on Saturday.

Absolutely oodles of tickets in the two main stands remaining.
I think across the board there seems to be a bit of apathy towards these matches. A lot of Leinster fans are probably drained financially and emotionally and are banking on an easy win before rallying back around for the Semi Final and Final.

There's still a fair few tickets left for Ulster vs Munster in Ravenhill and that only holds 17k.
Facts
Colmodon
Knowledgeable

Post by Colmodon »

Colmodon wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:42 am Judging by ticketmaster we are in for an embarrassing attendance on Saturday.

I think across the board there seems to be a bit of apathy towards these matches. A lot of Leinster fans are probably drained financially and emotionally and are banking on an easy win before rallying back around for the Semi Final and Final.

There's still a fair few tickets left for Ulster vs Munster in Ravenhill and that only holds 17k.
Seems that way alright. Thinking about it, we have lost 3 home games from the season ticket every year (18 league games versus 21, 4 European pool games versus 6), and four every other year (10 or 11 league games at home each year depending on schedule). With that 3 extra knockout games (Round of 16 home and away in Europe, quarter final in URC) which are not included in the season ticket. Its asking an awful lot! Will be disappointing if there are big gaps in the crowd on Saturday. Hopefully 14k plus at least.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

No issues for Lowe and Furlong, Nick McCarthy back in full training.

Shoulder injury for Kelleher, he's out of this game, ankle injury for Johnny, classic week-too-soon prognosis.

No update on Kearney, Tracy, Connors and Tommy.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/squad-upda ... d=21TT7749
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

I'm absolutely drained emotionally anyway. Ordinarily I'd be well up for this but it just feels like it doesn't matter now, to be honest. If we win the tournament we'll just get written off as flat track bullies. If we don't they'll say our form all year was a mirage. I just can't imagine caring until the HCup next year at the moment. Gutted is too weak a word
dougie the flanker
Bookworm

Post by dougie the flanker »

Twist wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:30 pm

I'm absolutely drained emotionally anyway. Ordinarily I'd be well up for this but it just feels like it doesn't matter now, to be honest. If we win the tournament we'll just get written off as flat track bullies. If we don't they'll say our form all year was a mirage. I just can't imagine caring until the HCup next year at the moment. Gutted is too weak a word
After a bad loss you're expecting to win its hard to shake that feeling. I can't count the number of Munster fan friends of mine that have taken a "The season is over" approach after the Toulouse match coupled with the loss to the Leinster colts last week.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

To be honest I wasn't going to go but I think I need to get back on the horse as much as the players. So I'm going and I'm dragging my son (whether he likes it or not) so thats...... Queue the music :D

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I don't care what the begrudgers say. We had an incredibly hard run to the final and we got within seconds of winning.

If we're not mentally strong enough collectively to get back by Saturday then we didn't deserve to think we could have won the HC. It's still only Tuesday and I'm not fully back yet myself, but I will be. Bought tickets to next year's final yesterday. COYBIB.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Colmodon wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:11 pm

Seems that way alright. Thinking about it, we have lost 3 home games from the season ticket every year (18 league games versus 21, 4 European pool games versus 6), and four every other year (10 or 11 league games at home each year depending on schedule). With that 3 extra knockout games (Round of 16 home and away in Europe, quarter final in URC) which are not included in the season ticket. Its asking an awful lot! Will be disappointing if there are big gaps in the crowd on Saturday. Hopefully 14k plus at least.
9 home league games in the season ticket. 2 HC.

From no games or travel for 2 years to suddenly have 5 knockout games so far with 3 away trips and the Munster game in the Aviva and next year's Heineken Cup it's a lot of money all at once for those who were able to travel (I wasn't). 3 more potential games.

Factor in higher prices and the knockouts are basically more expensive than the season ticket.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I'll be there but the b$&%@#ds in Met Eireann had my hopes up for a lovely warm sunny day drinking pints and now it looks like it will be bloody cold for June.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeinsterLeader wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:36 pm To be honest I wasn't going to go but I think I need to get back on the horse as much as the players. So I'm going and I'm dragging my son (whether he likes it or not) so thats...... Queue the music :D

That's the spirit!!!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeinsterLeader wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:36 pm To be honest I wasn't going to go but I think I need to get back on the horse as much as the players. So I'm going and I'm dragging my son (whether he likes it or not) so thats...... Queue the music :D

Two
Up there with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

As a player I think I'd look at Dan Leavy or Conor O'Brien (haven't heard anything about him but I just mention him as someone who's been having a rough time) and get over my own disappointment pretty quickly and realise that it's just great to be playing rugby at all never mind for such a great team in with a chance to win a trophy. Of course they're going to feel sh!t but in the grand scheme of things they're living the dream and could have some great days ahead of them over the next couple of months.

Similarly as a fan, I just feel lucky that we get to watch this team all the time and it was great that they gave us a final to look forward to, there's more to being a fan than the last 70 seconds of a final. Hopefully the players/coaches can focus on the positives too and end the season on a high.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Similarly. But if there was any match we should go to and get behind the team it's this one. I know times ain't easy, cost etc. Personally, Marseille cost me more than any other final financially and emotionally (last minute call out n back in a day ain't cheap). Just couldn't not be there after being at every one preceding. After seeing the management, team and extended squad so crestfallen in Marseille airport Sat night; anyone who can should attend this match.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 31st, 2022, 4:24 pm As a player I think I'd look at Dan Leavy or Conor O'Brien (haven't heard anything about him but I just mention him as someone who's been having a rough time) and get over my own disappointment pretty quickly and realise that it's just great to be playing rugby at all never mind for such a great team in with a chance to win a trophy. Of course they're going to feel sh!t but in the grand scheme of things they're living the dream and could have some great days ahead of them over the next couple of months.

Similarly as a fan, I just feel lucky that we get to watch this team all the time and it was great that they gave us a final to look forward to, there's more to being a fan than the last 70 seconds of a final. Hopefully the players/coaches can focus on the positives too and end the season on a high.
+1 btw Conor was in Marseille airport Sat night with the full squad.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Just looking at the tickets for the Ulster V Mun game. 115 Pounds for a Premium Ticket! :shock:

Surly that's OTT for a QF?
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Does anyone know the crack with conor O'brien? I thought he was fit and training at one point but never even seen him in training pics vert often. Another one being let go?
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 31st, 2022, 4:24 pm As a player I think I'd look at Dan Leavy or Conor O'Brien (haven't heard anything about him but I just mention him as someone who's been having a rough time) and get over my own disappointment pretty quickly and realise that it's just great to be playing rugby at all never mind for such a great team in with a chance to win a trophy. Of course they're going to feel sh!t but in the grand scheme of things they're living the dream and could have some great days ahead of them over the next couple of months.

+1 on how lucky we are to support this team. Absolutely gutted with the result but what a pleasure it has been following them this year, great away trip to Leicester, super game v Toulouse and a nail biting final in Marseille.

Get to the game and Saturday and scream your head off, the lads need the support.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Blueberry wrote: May 31st, 2022, 8:50 pm

+1 on how lucky we are to support this team. Absolutely gutted with the result but what a pleasure it has been following them this year, great away trip to Leicester, super game v Toulouse and a nail biting final in Marseille.

Get to the game and Saturday and scream your head off, the lads need the support.
+1
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Blueberry wrote: May 31st, 2022, 8:50 pm

Great posts lads, you're absolutely spot on, well said.
We're so lucky to have this team and to get to enjoy the great days.... and the inevitable not so great days.
I just don't understand the sense of entitlement in the tone of some of the posts since the weekend.
Dont Panic!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Emotionally it's tougher to lose a final than a semi. Really felt that it was our year, it's hard to have hopes dashed.

It's taking time to process. In the moment it felt that they had underperformed and had an off day. As I reflect I think it's more that other years we got the bounce of the ball and this we didn't. La Rochelle were excellent and it was a good close final. Would feel like an injustice for either team to lose.