Leinster v La Rochelle Heineken Cup Final Sat 28th May 4.45 Marseille

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v La Rochelle Heineken Cup Final Sat 28th May 4.45 Marseille

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote: May 16th, 2022, 1:49 pm
cormac wrote: May 16th, 2022, 1:45 pm Resurrect the Healy to TH experiment. Ed Byrne as loosehead sub?
That would make more sense alright.

Would be some kick in the nads for Vakh though.
Needs must and all that...
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Id be shocked if they moved Healy over at this stage.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Jasus that ticket link for season ticket holders was hard work!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Flash Gordon wrote: May 16th, 2022, 2:41 pm Jasus that ticket link for season ticket holders was hard work!
How so? I'm in the queue at the moment.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

riocard911 wrote: May 16th, 2022, 1:01 pm As I recall, we got off to a pretty good start in the semi last year, didn't get the points on the board in the first quarter we might have expected and seemed then to lose our way. I don't think it's a coincidence, that J10 after the Toulouse match commended our sticking with the game plan and not getting disheartened, after having made all the initial play, only to find ourselves 3-7 down after a quarter of hour. In that context, I also think how strongly we finished Saturday's match is noteworthy. We played the full eighty minutes and put Toulouse to the sword. The TV comms were saying that was the heaviest defeat we've given them (whether this is true or not, I don't know). Ar aon nós, it's gonna take another 80 minute game to defeat LAR in the heat of Marseille.
I thought this too on Saturday and the last few weeks, even with the young lads in South Africa. It's been the same with Ireland this season, very much a bend but don't break mentality when we're under the pump and we're very calm when things do go wrong. I think we've been able to raise the tempo when needed as well, very impressive stuff from the whole squad.

OTT you're making nervous with that post but hopefully Furlong will be fit and we're worrying over nothing. I hadn't realised that Vakh has never even started for us though, yikes. I think Clarkson is better and that this time next year we'll be in a similar situation to loosehead many years ago when Jack McGrath was just as good as Van Der Merwe and they rotated the bench spot but it'd be a worry if we needed him to scrum much next week for sure. His scrummaging can be hit and miss, as you'd expect from a fella his age, but I wouldn't have any worries about him in open play.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

cormac wrote: May 16th, 2022, 1:45 pm Resurrect the Healy to TH experiment. Ed Byrne as loosehead sub?

It's a Heineken cup final. He can't have thought he was 1 injury away from one.

Moving Porter would be the other option. Healy and Byrne then as looseheads.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

unless Furlongs ankle is falling off he will start.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 16th, 2022, 2:53 pm

I thought this too on Saturday and the last few weeks, even with the young lads in South Africa. It's been the same with Ireland this season, very much a bend but don't break mentality when we're under the pump and we're very calm when things do go wrong. I think we've been able to raise the tempo when needed as well, very impressive stuff from the whole squad.

OTT you're making nervous with that post but hopefully Furlong will be fit and we're worrying over nothing. I hadn't realised that Vakh has never even started for us though, yikes. I think Clarkson is better and that this time next year we'll be in a similar situation to loosehead many years ago when Jack McGrath was just as good as Van Der Merwe and they rotated the bench spot but it'd be a worry if we needed him to scrum much next week for sure. His scrummaging can be hit and miss, as you'd expect from a fella his age, but I wouldn't have any worries about him in open play.
I think this was a huge failing in the squad in the previous two campaigns. They got nervy when things went against them. I was critical of where the squad's head was at for the Saracens exit and blamed the coaches in part and thought they got an easy ride.

Obviously I congratulate the coaches for this season then! So far.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

domhnallj wrote: May 16th, 2022, 2:45 pm
Flash Gordon wrote: May 16th, 2022, 2:41 pm Jasus that ticket link for season ticket holders was hard work!
How so? I'm in the queue at the moment.
Kept sending me back to purchase options when I was trying to check out. Took me 20 minutes to pay.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

fourthirtythree wrote: May 16th, 2022, 3:06 pm

I think this was a huge failing in the squad in the previous two campaigns. They got nervy when things went against them. I was critical of where the squad's head was at for the Saracens exit and blamed the coaches in part and thought they got an easy ride.

The "so far" bit is important, I'd almost been afraid to mention it until the final was over but riocard got there first so it's his fault if it things go wrong!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 16th, 2022, 3:19 pm

The "so far" bit is important, I'd almost been afraid to mention it until the final was over but riocard got there first so it's his fault if it things go wrong!
Dead right. Your fault if they go all fragile in the final Riocard!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Cool your jets, lads. They're not gonna go soft in the final. J10 won't allow it and also that steeliness, which LRIF among others noticed in the kids' performances in SA should get us through. Personally I was very impressed how ready and able the Leinster players in both the Sharks and Stormers matches were to play heads up rugby, whenever the chance presented itself. I thought they showed not just amazing resolve but also confidence in their skills and those of their teammates.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

ronk wrote: May 16th, 2022, 2:57 pm

It's a Heineken cup final. He can't have thought he was 1 injury away from one.

Moving Porter would be the other option. Healy and Byrne then as looseheads.
Are either of those really options?
I would have thought that, if they thought the Healy experiment had a chance of working, it wouldn't have been dropped after 2(?) attempts.
As for Porter switching back, I can't see it happening. He appears to be struggling a bit against good scrums at loosehead. Even without that, do we really just want to parachute him back to start on the opposite side after one year hiatus?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Think that's a bit harsh? In the first half maybe we let the game get away from us, but we fought back well to make a game of it despite the scrum getting pulverised.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Looking at the list of availables, it seems likely the ref will be either Pearce or Barnes.

Pearce likes a free-for-all at the breakdown, which is absolutely NOT in our interest. In the Munster-Toulouse game he allowed plenty of time for jackaling and awarded accordingly. Cardey allowed nothing the other day, which was a massive help to us.

Barnes tends to channel his inner Nige and goes with the flow of the game. He's been fairly good for us over recent years.

Can't see them giving it to the Georgian lad yet and Pearce did it last year so it would seem set up for Barnsey....
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Barnsey would be great
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Suspicion of a fracture for Kerr Barlow.

Along with Skelton he'd be a huge loss.

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/rugby/coupe- ... 60389.html
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

This is the squad from the game last year, not only should the team look quite different next week but I'd also suggest that quite a few of the players have improved a lot. Things will change if Furlong and/or Lowe are ruled out but for now I feel a lot better about this game than I did last year.

Leinster: Hugo Keenan; Jordan Larmour, Garry Ringrose, Robbie Henshaw, James Lowe; Ross Byrne, Luke McGrath (capt); Cian Healy, Rónan Kelleher, Tadhg Furlong; Devin Toner, James Ryan; Rhys Ruddock, Josh van der Flier, Jack Conan.

Replacements: James Tracy, Ed Byrne, Andrew Porter, Scott Fardy, Ryan Baird, Rowan Osborne, Ciarán Frawley, Rory O'Loughlin.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Confirmed by French media that TKB has broken his hand and is done for the season, more than likely.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I don't think we'll get a better shot to grab a title than this.

If Furlong is fit we've basically got a full and rested first choice 23 going up against a more tired team without two key players.

The stars are aligning.