Leinster v La Rochelle Heineken Cup Final Sat 28th May 4.45 Marseille

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v La Rochelle Heineken Cup Final Sat 28th May 4.45 Marseille

Post by curates_egg »

backrower8 wrote: May 24th, 2022, 10:58 am Skelton has only been out for 1 month prior to last Saturday's cameos. He has a great base of fitness built up over the season and could still start.

In fact I think ROG has to roll the dice and will start him. His presence from the outset will inspire and cast doubt in equal measure across both teams.
At no point over the past four weeks have I thought Skelton would be out for the season. I would say they have been using every pharmaceutical and physiological trick in the book (and plenty outside it) to get him “fit”.

If he came through his trial on Saturday, I’d say he’s certain to start. He’s their only shot at beating us.

I also remain convinced that we can nullify him as a factor by playing as we did against Toulouse. But we need to avoid our mistake of last season, in getting sucked into their web.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

No scrums please ............. that's all I ask.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Logorrhea wrote: May 24th, 2022, 3:21 pm No scrums please ............. that's all I ask.
+1

Antonio [145kg] plus Skelton [125kg+] plus Sciavi [144kg] = serious infrastructure on Porter [114kg] & Molony [103kg] & Healy's [117kg] side

Leaves me more drawn to the need for McCarthy & Baird/ 6-2

Any word on who showed up for training today?
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

backrower8 wrote: May 24th, 2022, 4:19 pm
Logorrhea wrote: May 24th, 2022, 3:21 pm No scrums please ............. that's all I ask.
+1

Antonio [145kg] plus Skelton [125kg+] plus Sciavi [144kg] = serious infrastructure on Porter [114kg] & Molony [103kg] & Healy's [117kg] side

Leaves me more drawn to the need for McCarthy & Baird/ 6-2

Any word on who showed up for training today?
Molony 103kg. Yeah, right.

Your point still stands though.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Ken Barlow could make it yet!

If you don't want to read ROG's nonsense then don't click the link. This one just makes him sound desperate though......... still, maybe that's what he's going for.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rug ... 80054.html
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

the scrums going to get mullered, can they survive that is the question.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: May 24th, 2022, 4:49 pm the scrums going to get mullered, can they survive that is the question.
In my opinion it's not going to be the winning and losing of the game. If we continue to get quick ruck ball we'll win, bad scrum or no.

However, if we don't ........well then all sorts of things come in to play including the scrum.

The bottom line for me though is this, LaR's problem of slowing us down is bigger then our problem of scrums.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Ruckedtobits wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 11:11 am
If Molony is the "glue" of the Leinster pack, Sazy is the "Araldite" of the La Rochelle team. Club captain for more than eight seasons. Despite being capped by the French Barbarians a number of times, Sazy is uncapped during a decade when France named more than 30 different players in that position. However, it is no exaggeration to say that Sazy is the emotional heartbeat of this team and Club and many fans and former players have called for his inclusion next weekend. He reached his 300th appearance milestone in March and his 35th b'day last November. He has been playing Top 14 rugby since 2006. He has already played 1,200 minutes this season but, on the other hand is reknowned for his fitness. Sazy is the same height as Molony but possibly 5kg lighter. It now looks like the "glue" may face the "Araldite" next Saturday.
I thought the No 8 was Araldite?...
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Antonio is 152-155kg, Skelton is 140kg. They're titanic, and fairly athletic/skillful at that size.

Molony is usually listed at 110-113kg, 103kg was his first-year academy weight, it's nonsense now. Porter has been listed at 120kg and up to 125kg - I doubt he's 125kg but he's definitely closer to 120 than 115.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

neiliog93 wrote: May 24th, 2022, 5:24 pm Antonio is 152-155kg, Skelton is 140kg. They're titanic, and fairly athletic/skillful at that size.

Molony is usually listed at 110-113kg, 103kg was his first-year academy weight, it's nonsense now. Porter has been listed at 120kg and up to 125kg - I doubt he's 125kg but he's definitely closer to 120 than 115.
Porter isn't carrying nearly as much bulk since he re-conditioned himself to play loosehead. About 115kg is believable now, compared to 122kg before.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

leinsterforever wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:07 pm
neiliog93 wrote: May 24th, 2022, 5:24 pm Antonio is 152-155kg, Skelton is 140kg. They're titanic, and fairly athletic/skillful at that size.

Porter isn't carrying nearly as much bulk since he re-conditioned himself to play loosehead. About 115kg is believable now, compared to 122kg before.
Spot on
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

LeinsterLeader wrote: May 24th, 2022, 4:29 pm Ken Barlow could make it yet!

If you don't want to read ROG's nonsense then don't click the link. This one just makes him sound desperate though......... still, maybe that's what he's going for.

Would you risk a final of all things on something so untested? It sounds like smoke and mirrors by O'Gara, and if it isn't it probably wouldn't even require much in the way of gamesmanship to "test" the limits of the glove. Going on that he sounds rattled, which could be the optics he wishes to portray. You never know with the monotone one. Leo is as cute as any Corkonian, between himself and Bomber they'll probably have a contingency for any LAR on field pertmutation
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

No sign of James Lowe at training??
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

carlow man wrote:No sign of James Lowe at training??
He was there

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Barry wrote: May 24th, 2022, 9:31 pm
carlow man wrote:No sign of James Lowe at training??
He was there

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Any idea whether he trained or not?

Any have thoughts on whether they will travel on Wednesday to acclimatise, or opt for more home comforts with Thursday as moving day?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

I doubt theyll change more than necessary from usual routine for away game.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

RoboProp wrote: May 24th, 2022, 9:01 pm

Would you risk a final of all things on something so untested? It sounds like smoke and mirrors by O'Gara, and if it isn't it probably wouldn't even require much in the way of gamesmanship to "test" the limits of the glove. Going on that he sounds rattled, which could be the optics he wishes to portray. You never know with the monotone one. Leo is as cute as any Corkonian, between himself and Bomber they'll probably have a contingency for any LAR on field pertmutation
nothing new about the 'glove'' . Hugo (for whatever reason) wore one v Toulouse. I've played and coached hurling. The glove is primarily protection for your catching hand. It provides a modicum of protection from glancing blows. I can't see it being of much use if you have 2 broken bones (depending on how 'broken' of course) in your hand. As you say, smoke and daggers, cloak and mirrors

https://ibb.co/4s0GPSR
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

desperado wrote: May 24th, 2022, 10:22 pm

nothing new about the 'glove'' . Hugo (for whatever reason) wore one v Toulouse. I've played and coached hurling. The glove is primarily protection for your catching hand. It provides a modicum of protection from glancing blows. I can't see it being of much use if you have 2 broken bones (depending on how 'broken' of course) in your hand. As you say, smoke and daggers, cloak and mirrors

Two broken bones in the hand of a player, who's position requires, that he passes more than all others in his team by some distance? A GAA glove ain't gonna allow him to play. LAR couldn't take the risk, that they might have to sub him off after five or ten minutes. No way Kerr-Barlow starts, IMO.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Wednesday of a big match week is awful.

At start of the week you've training pictures, injury news and previous match weekend to discuss, on Thurs/Fri you've more build up and ultimately teams to discuss.

Roll on Sat.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

riocard911 wrote: May 24th, 2022, 10:57 pm
desperado wrote: May 24th, 2022, 10:22 pm

Two broken bones in the hand of a player, who's position requires, that he passes more than all others in his team by some distance? A GAA glove ain't gonna allow him to play. LAR couldn't take the risk, that they might have to sub him off after five or ten minutes. No way Kerr-Barlow starts, IMO.
When you see the tomfoolery and shithousery of manager pronouncements, you get more of an appreciation for the more dignified and respectable alternative.

ROG can stay in France. He's too political to be a good hire for the IRFU.